Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
7 minutes ago, Surrey said:

About a mile from me! Very wet day.. Lots more rain to come... 

I said it back a couple of weeks ago.. Nature always balances out 

Agree...but not so quickly, its gone from dry to wet within a week or so. Vitamin D will be on the shopping list next week.

Posted
11 minutes ago, Surrey said:

I said it back a couple of weeks ago.. Nature always balances out 

Tend to agree. Be nice if extreme cold countered some of the global warming

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

Agree...but not so quickly, its gone from dry to wet within a week or so. Vitamin D will be on the shopping list next week.

Ahh yes definitely quickly and you can blame climate change for that.. Global warming and climate change are about extremes.. Heat, rain, snow, cold.. Gone have the days of an "average summer" and "average winter" 

The switch from dry was going to happen at some point.. It has been going on for 2 years now.. Just so happens that October 2019 was the time lol! 

Doesn't mean to say that we won't have a dry winter or spring.. That's the nature of weather.. Who knows! 

These kinds of trailing front events though are not all that common.. 

I wonder if we balance extreme heat in summer just gone with a bitter cold winter.. Or is that wishful thinking as the south of the UK slowly inherits a sub tropical climate like France.. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
9 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

D3 is supposed to be the best form

• Like 4

Posted

If  the forecast is right could be a lot of standing water about by  Sunday  if that front stays were it is  at  the  moment

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

Two and half inches have fell by 4pm in my back garden since last last night.  It will probably reach 3 inches later on in the night. By tomorrow it will have doubled.  The soil is saturated with rain and the pavements on the main raid have large puddles.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
On 12/10/2019 at 12:35, James1979 said:

Loving it personally, lovely to see rain after months and months of very dry weather imby. Wouldnt wish flooding on anyone of course but I'm happy with more rain for a bit yet then a proper cool down and frosty mornings leading into a snow fest winter would be perfect. Given the warming world we live in though I imagine it will be 17/18c one day in December and yet another poxy heat record somewhere.

Got 6 more months of this so you’ll be in your element.

Snow fest? More like 1 day of wet snow then back to business as usual - pouring rain.

Would prefer 17/18c in December with rain than 8c in December with rain. 

Edited by Blessed Weather
Comment removed.
  • Like 2

Posted
16 minutes ago, tinybill said:

If  the forecast is right could be a lot of standing water about by  Sunday  if that front stays were it is  at  the  moment

Its due to push north but very slowly. 

Another soaking commences. Dog walks underfoot feels like it should be February. Soaked and bogged everywhere 

Have a feeling this winter is going to be bad with flooding and rainfall totals. 

1 hour ago, Ben Lewis said:

Its due to push north but very slowly. 

Another soaking commences. Dog walks underfoot feels like it should be February. Soaked and bogged everywhere 

Have a feeling this winter is going to be bad with flooding and rainfall totals. 

Yep I'm putting bets on a very stormy wet mild winter... To make up for the last 2-3 dry years.. 

Dry say 2-6am then looks like more rain.. Then we have next week.. 

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 2

Posted
On 10/10/2019 at 19:26, Surrey said:

Setting aside the worst winter in years to come jokes.. Although they are funny lol.. They get better every year.. 

The next 3-4 days could be very wet for our part of the world and very windy Sunday.. Looks like some trailing fronts and low pressure system for Sunday.. 

Some models 50+mm

its pouring  down at the moment  here

Posted
29 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Yep I'm putting bets on a very stormy wet mild winter... To make up for the last 2-3 dry years.. 

Dry say 2-6am then looks like more rain.. Then we have next week.. 

Similar bets here Surrey. Another mild and wet winter beckons. Hope I’m wrong but I doubt it, Stats and odds in our favour.

Comment removed.

Posted
17 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Similar bets here Surrey. Another mild and wet winter beckons. Hope I’m wrong but I doubt it, Stats and odds in our favour. 

well looking at the gfs  it might get  a bit less rain after 192hr  fantasy world looks a bit better!!!

Comment within quote box removed.
  • Like 1

Posted

My partner and I are about to celebrate 10 years together. What we remember most about mid-to-late autumn 2009 was that every time we planned a date, it seemed to be windy and rainy. In fact one date was abandoned altogether as we had a flood to drive thought and then my car very narrowly avoided being damaged by a falling bough that had to be removed by tractor! I mistakenly bought  some of those Ugg style felt boots and they were permanently on top of the radiator because of the relentless rain.  

So don't write off winter just yet, we all know what followed the wet autumn of 2009......

• Like 2

Posted

I'm in Pagham for my annual October holiday and rain been lashing down all day long with more to come so it seems 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

There is some serious standing water around here tonight, just had to drive into Tunbridge wells to pick my aunt up from the coach and had a couple of hairy moments! Deep water stretched right across both sides of the road in places. I feared for my diesel engine!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

It’s atrocious out there commuting home tonight , hope this front does one , hate this kind of weather all a bit meh for me , being on the snow , now your talking , or a balmy Halloween like I seem to remember a few years ago , wasn’t high  20s achieved .

• Like 2

Posted
17 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

It’s atrocious out there commuting home tonight , hope this front does one , hate this kind of weather all a bit meh for me , being on the snow , now your talking , or a balmy Halloween like I seem to remember a few years ago , wasn’t high  20s achieved .

Halloween 2014 temps reached 24c in London I think. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

As per usual, it managed to rain all day long on my birthday. It was a great day though! And it’s not as if I dislike the rain...

Posted

Unbelievably still raining don’t remember a day like this continuous rain for a very long time, now a fine drizzle which soaks everything, does appear front is lifting northwards of South London at long last.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Daniel* said:

Unbelievably still raining don’t remember a day like this continuous rain for a very long time, now a fine drizzle which soaks everything, does appear front is lifting northwards of South London at long last.

Unfortunately the rain is coming back for a little while today as the front finally pushes east and north... Then there looks like almost some kind of thundery rain from the south Monday.. 

Feels very  "close" here in Surrey if it was a touch warmer it would almost feel like a cooler kind of rain forest 

Edited by Surrey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Yesterday's rainfall totals according to the Netweather Extra high res rainfall maps using 1km radar data:

619346572_RadarHiResRainfall12Oct.thumb.png.ac72bb3a8fd954111510a285a8637f22.png

• Like 5

Posted

This continued wet weather is a real pain. Had hoped for an India Summer so my beans for drying would be suitable for keeping. Just rotting now unfortunately. Even hanging some up in the greenhouse is not much good as the air is so still and dank. 

Posted

Before this front  go with the amount of standing water about this  morning  around looks like it could get  bit heavy later   could  cause the odd problem 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
10 hours ago, jordan smith said:

Halloween 2014 temps reached 24c in London I think. 

Yes Jordan your right , I was getting this mixed up with the all time record for October which was on the 1st at 29c . Can’t believe it’s still raining and looking at the forecast there is plenty more to come , maybe these dried up streams might even start to flow if we get a few more weeks of this . 

• Like 2