Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
12 minutes ago, Team Squirrel said:

Current October Fog Index score: 0/10 and a third of the way through.

lol big zero here too, not looking good, need high pressure

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
15 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Wonder how long we will have to wait before we see snow in the South East this winter?

spacer.png

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

There will be no snow.

Hubs has surprised me with a pair of fur lined, lace up snow boots. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!
27 minutes ago, Dami said:

There will be no snow.

Hubs has surprised me with a pair of fur lined, lace up snow boots. 

Everyone remember to blame Damis husband after a snowless winter!

• Like 6

Posted

Had some lovely sunshine earlier in day but alas the cloud rolled in from west, seriously dislike this mid teens cloud fest nor warm or cold, it sure has been a gloomy October so far! Horrible month.

8552E3E8-70ED-4A35-95FB-35C74E95926C.thumb.jpeg.af787281932cf4cc37901c61141a6187.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted

Fears 120,000,000 rats could invade our homes in the cold weather

That's the only weather related headline I could find, but I have to ask, what cold weather? Oh and COULD means won't.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Rainy season continues with gusto in Surrey this morning driving heavy rain on the dog walk - ground is really wet now standing water everywhere with no where to go - if we get an extended spell of heavy rain over weekend I am sure a few people will be using the f word ! Floods !

• Like 1

Posted
58 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

Rainy season continues with gusto in Surrey this morning driving heavy rain on the dog walk - ground is really wet now standing water everywhere with no where to go - if we get an extended spell of heavy rain over weekend I am sure a few people will be using the f word ! Floods !

Agreed, I just had a very wet and puddly drive to Epsom to drop off son and then Gatwick to drop off husband, rained all the way although the 'intermittent' setting on the windscreen wipers kept being a bit slow on the uptake. Very muddy too depending on the soil conditions. I walked the woofy in Nonsuch Park earlier in the week, where, barring a few large puddles it was just a bit sticky underfoot; our local park, however, has watery grass aplenty needing the wellington boots. Also agree @Daniel* this neither one thing nor another gloom with rain is tedious, it's been so tricky finding brighter days for filming walks around London, it's either too windy or too wet or too grey, and usually a mix of them all. My amateur skills aren't quite up to overcoming that lot!

Have a nice day everyone:)

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Looked at radar. Light blue. drizzle outside. *dons waterproof trainers and raincoat' no umbrella as too windy.

I dare say the drowned rat look was very recoming this morning.

Posted

Luckily, Potters Bar is in the not alot of rain, gap at the moment.

The pub-run at lunch hopefully stays dry.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Currently camping nr Wisbech, caravan, awning and windbreaks holding up well in a strong gusty wind! Judging tomorrow but not sure if the Kyham will still be there if we manage to put it up later today....

Posted

I've prepared the garden for winter, I've planted a banana tree, and if this is going to be a usual UK winter, I should have bananas by April

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

My back garden's soil is beginning to get very muddy and my plant pots are getting swamped with rain water. The lawn has never been this green.

Rainwater.png

muddy soil.JPG

Greener lawn.png

• Like 5

Posted

Looking like  we are in for a very wet  night

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Utterly foul day here and it continues!...dull during the day, rain on and off and quite windy for a spell. Raining tonight...grim!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Another foul morning with endless rain. 

Past the ‘balance out’ now, extremely wet around these parts, very concerned for this winter, lots of flooding ahead I imagine. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
42 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Another foul morning with endless rain. 

Past the ‘balance out’ now, extremely wet around these parts, very concerned for this winter, lots of flooding ahead I imagine. 

Yes, very depressing. The Sahara, our region will never be. If this continues much longer (and signs are there that it might) then flooding will certainly become a worrying issue. 

Back to Prague today to blue skies and predicted maximum temperatures of 22-24C over the weekend. Lovely  

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

What a dismal day. Grey and wet with not a breath of wind. Just drab. Looking like half to an inch of rain over the next 24 hours as the long trailing front produces a conveyor belt of rain, heaviest overnight tonight.
Here's this morning's satellite image and rainfall radar plus Arpege cumulative rainfall forecast to Sunday 13.00:

2122108628_Satellite12Oct10_15.thumb.jpg.e49c3984d4189f4bf7a8daec0fec8ca5.jpg901657300_Radar12Oct11_20.thumb.jpg.39431e5b12de5cb928e3c429b2a1e4db.jpg829123708_ArpegeCumPrecip12-13Oct13_00.thumb.png.8102a593f59962b8b0bb3312b2c5eb18.png

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
4 minutes ago, AnthonyMcquade7 said:

IMG_20191012_103450.jpg

Well hope you still enjoy your day and all the rides are operational - it’s pretty still today it’s normally Hugh winds that plays havoc with the big rides !? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!

Loving it personally, lovely to see rain after months and months of very dry weather imby. Wouldnt wish flooding on anyone of course but I'm happy with more rain for a bit yet then a proper cool down and frosty mornings leading into a snow fest winter would be perfect. Given the warming world we live in though I imagine it will be 17/18c one day in December and yet another poxy heat record somewhere.

Edited by James1979
  • Like 2

Posted

Well we have certainly been well-embedded under the rain ribbon last night and today. Wait 'til the one and only snow event of the winter and it will go north or south of us or just break up as it arrives!

Esher Common was sticky underfoot with some very large puddles to welcome plenty of dog owners and families out enjoying the rain in wellie boots, the car park was as busy as a summer's day. The ferns are now looking golden more than green as the leaves and conkers cover many of the pathways. We didn't venture to Black Pond as the route gets very pond-like and swampy in this weather. The dog at least then avoids a muddy belly and we don't lose our boots. 

IMG_20191012_151339.jpg

IMG_20191012_161612.jpg

• Like 4