Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted

Any ark builders around? Non stop torrential rain here in Halesworth since 7am, light/moderate rain since 3am ish! Roads were bad last week after the rain, flooded, mud covered so I dread to think how bad they are today. Looks like it should start to clear soon looking at radar, but is it suppose to swing back around again? 

• Like 1

Posted

Need ark in some parts  of Ipswich to get about so  much water about

Edited by tinybill
  • Like 2

Posted

The winds have picked up here and definitely swung round to westerly, trees are bending. Just opened front door to check outside,  my doorstep has a drop down from path and my heavy coir doormat is floating, rain an inch from coming in now! Argh 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

This rainfall is off the scale!!!! It's been like a prolonged thunderstorm for hours.........everywhere going under water! Drains pumping out, roads that don't flood are flooded.......memorable event happening here!

Edited by Lowestoft Weather
  • Like 4

Posted

Radar saying more on the way  on top of  what we got now

Posted

This is 40 miles west of Lowestoft. The rain is still teaming down here, I really feel for those living in low lying areas today.

• Like 2

Posted

83mm recorded in Lowestoft so far . Another 20mm to 40 mm expected. Big rain day for these areas!!!!

h_lnxvxlqrdqb2kyrixw3lmmul7n-abrzjuzyvzd
WWW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

Met Office UK weather warnings for rain, snow, wind, fog and ice. Choose your...

Edited by Lowestoft Weather
  • Like 3

Posted
9 minutes ago, Lowestoft Weather said:

83mm recorded in Lowestoft so far . Another 20mm to 40 mm expected. Big rain day for these areas!!!!

h_lnxvxlqrdqb2kyrixw3lmmul7n-abrzjuzyvzd
WWW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

Met Office UK weather warnings for rain, snow, wind, fog and ice. Choose your...

16 miles from lowie, roads impassable round villages here, rain coming down off fields too has raised the levels of the roads, travel to lowie in the morning, as I do twice daily week days for sons school, will be fun, may need a boat! 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Again, the Beeb wildly off the mark. Rained for a couple of hours this morning but dry since yet heavy rain forecast all day.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

There was a very brief but heavy shower of rain at 1pm for five minutes.  Since then the last shower at 1:05pm and it is still sunny now at 1:34pm.

Posted
27 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Again, the Beeb wildly off the mark. Rained for a couple of hours this morning but dry since yet heavy rain forecast all day.

Should be in  soggy Suffolk  now pouring  down again  lots of places flooded

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Seasonal
On 31/01/2019 at 21:48, Frosty. said:

Tonight's Ecm 12z ensemble mean looks a lot less cold  /  milder next week with a flatter atlantic pattern bringing generally unsettled weather, especially further n / nw.. best of any dry weather further s / se.

Not surprised by this. Heavy rain continuously since 7.30am. Local villages now cut off. Trains cancelled and A47 to Norwich v dodgy 

FE5C49A8-1BD0-4DF3-AB30-7CD190D1703D.png

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Still hosing it down, here in 'sunny' Beccles...If only it were January and T850s were at -10C!:shok:

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, Blazerblue said:

16 miles from lowie, roads impassable round villages here, rain coming down off fields too has raised the levels of the roads, travel to lowie in the morning, as I do twice daily week days for sons school, will be fun, may need a boat! 

It's been quite an event here. The rain i still coming down in stair-rods...... I dread to think what's going on locally in low-lying areas. 

Recent tweets from Suffolk & Norfolk Fire & Rescue say they are inundated with calls and for people not to call 999. Beccles train station has also closed due to a large sink hole. There are also widespread power-cuts in Southwold & Halesworth.

This will go down as a historic rainfall event for these parts.

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, Lowestoft Weather said:

It's been quite an event here. The rain i still coming down in stair-rods...... I dread to think what's going on locally in low-lying areas. 

Recent tweets from Suffolk & Norfolk Fire & Rescue say they are inundated with calls and for people not to call 999. Beccles train station has also closed due to a large sink hole. There are also widespread power-cuts in Southwold & Halesworth.

This will go down as a historic rainfall event for these parts.

its now poring down here  again  see reports of big problems  around norfolk  as  well

• Like 1

Posted

Yeah we have a flood alert now for Halesworth/holton area. Not seeing any reports of power out here in Halesworth, having said that, my power will likely go bye bye 

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Yeah we have a flood alert now for Halesworth/holton area. Not seeing any reports of power out here in Halesworth, having said that, my power will likely go bye bye 

Should be some interesting images/videos of local flooding on social media this afternoon. Power-cuts link - 

• Like 2

Posted

looking at the latest  radar  there could more bad  news  the radar is geting worse  so flooding  will be a big  problem  for some  places

Screenshot_2019-10-06 Rain Alarm.png

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Nice day in north London . Weather is looking very meh for the next week or so. Hope we get an early cold snap!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Escaped the worst of it down here 12.5 mm so far...feels quite autumnal now as opposed to a week ago.

• Like 1

Posted

looking  at this weeks weather not looking  nice!  even country  file  saying next weekend  could bring  problems  for our area!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Excellent analysis of today's rainfall totals by Weatherquest of Norwich this evening (19.00), especially their diagram showing the distribution across East Anglia. My total is currently 38mm.

EAST: Averaged across the region, today (so far) is the wettest calendar day of 2019, and the 3rd wettest calendar day in the past 5 years. The wettest locations have been parts of east Norfolk and northeast Suffolk where 60-70mm has been recorded, locally higher.

1309580238_RainfallAcumulation06Oct2019.thumb.jpg.522f8d7c9d23c977e6db122eaef34f36.jpg

Source: Dan Holley. Twitter @danholley_

Pic of A47 in Norfolk this afternoon:

2064979019_A47Norfolk06Oct.thumb.jpg.a96e38b7715245b7c7745d4a49253d7d.jpg

Edited by Blessed Weather
Pic of A47 added
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
13 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

EAST: Averaged across the region, today (so far) is the wettest calendar day of 2019, and the 3rd wettest calendar day in the past 5 years. The wettest locations have been parts of east Norfolk and northeast Suffolk where 60-70mm has been recorded, locally higher.

Do you think those rain totals look a bit low, BW?

I saw dozens of independent stations further South than the white area on that map, and they were all between 40 and 70mm. Granted, they aren't official station, but they can't all be wrong?!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
15 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Do you think those rain totals look a bit low, BW?

I saw dozens of independent stations further South than the white area on that map, and they were all between 40 and 70mm. Granted, they aren't official station, but they can't all be wrong?!

Yes M, I suspect many local non-official stations have exceeded those totals, which I guess is why they said "locally higher". For instance, my location is in the yellow zone of high teens to high 20's mm, yet my good old fashioned plastic rain gauge cone was full to 38mm so clearly above that. And the local official station, Wattisham, 2 miles down the road is reporting 35mm up to 18.00 this evening. Maybe the issue was the uneven nature of the rainfall as imby it was constantly switching between moderate and extremely heavy. Anyway, we'll look forward to seeing what tomorrow morning's reports bring, including the Met Office view of totals.

My local official station (Wattisham) report at 18.00:  

348861104_Ogimet06Oct.thumb.jpg.2dae78ac50e4d0d3f75e265fe2de7c37.jpg

Source: http://www.ogimet.com/cgi-bin/gsynres?lang=en&ind=03590&ndays=1&ano=2019&mes=10&day=06&hora=18&ord=REV&Send=Send

• Like 2