Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted

mr Lorenzo  heading  in looking  at the radar  could  get a  bit wet    soon!!

Posted
15 minutes ago, tinybill said:

mr Lorenzo  heading  in looking  at the radar  could  get a  bit wet    soon!!

Not further south in the region for the time being. 

D590404F-D655-4FE2-B02E-E1C517E153F7.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Had a short holiday to the Lake District the last few days and had 1 clear sunny day but the others were like biblical deluges...so that's where all our rain has gone! Lake Windermere looking north to Ambleside with Helvellyn in the back ground.

DSCF3716.JPG

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
On 04/10/2019 at 15:09, Froze were the Days said:

Had a short holiday to the Lake District the last few days and had 1 clear sunny day but the others were like biblical deluges...so that's where all our rain has gone! Lake Windermere looking north to Ambleside with Helvellyn in the back ground.

DSCF3716.JPG

Nice glad I didn’t rain all the time ! Literally on the M6 now heading to Keswick for a 2 day short staycation ... not raining but quite overcast just going over Shap !

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

A lovely afternoon here reaching 17C in the warm sunshine. Some lovely cloudscapes too. Did anyone else notice that the high cloud was drifting in from the west whilst the lower cumulus were scudding in from a SE'ly direction. Tomorrow morning looks soggy, particularly in the north of the Region with maybe getting on towards an inch of rain, whilst the southern half fares better with negligible amounts.

213724013_Cloud05Oct.thumb.jpg.ee38d9973b924651662e20813e91ed5b.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
3 hours ago, Badgers01 said:

Nice glad I didn’t rain all the time ! Literally on the M6 now heading to Keswick for a 2 day short staycation ... not raining but quite overcast just going over Shap !

Sorry off topic here...enjoy, great part of the country but by God they half charge up there, Cafe's etc. (and it is out of season). Stayed at Windermere but visited Keswick also on one of the rainy days (went to the pencil museum) :)

A couple of ground frosts once the rain cleared - something I haven't experienced for years during October (well not down here).

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

My first attempt at posting a photo here so apologies if it doesn't work 

IMG_20191001_134057.jpg

• Like 7

Just been out for a morning coffee.. WOW there has been a lot of rain some roads I had to drive through the middle because there is so much surface water flooding...

Norwich coast is going to be bad today still some uncertainty over where this rainfall will stall but it is slowing down now.. 

Also note some high res models wrap some very heavy rain back in around more western areas too .

Posted

The radar screen grabs at 04.55 and 06.55 show how the rain band has been pepping up in the last couple of hours. As Surrey mentions above, the band stalls and swivels during the day, so looking very wet for some parts as shown in the Arpege rainfall sequence to 22.00 today:

Radar 04.55 601591108_Radar06Oct04_55.thumb.jpg.5bec9bb993c41b7aa11eb61cfbdca352.jpg 06.55 950751808_Radar06Oct06_55.thumb.jpg.613e2f56236620bc3e89c45f67bd29e5.jpg

Arpege sequence: anim_tbp9.gif

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

The radar screen grabs at 04.55 and 06.55 show how the rain band has been pepping up in the last couple of hours. As Surrey mentions above, the band stalls and swivels during the day, so looking very wet for some parts as shown in the Arpege rainfall sequence to 22.00 today:

Radar 04.55 601591108_Radar06Oct04_55.thumb.jpg.5bec9bb993c41b7aa11eb61cfbdca352.jpg 06.55 950751808_Radar06Oct06_55.thumb.jpg.613e2f56236620bc3e89c45f67bd29e5.jpg

Arpege sequence: anim_tbp9.gif

Some models are keeping the big totals out over sea thankfully... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Seasonal

Tipping it down in Acle. Street lights still on. Now for the dog walk ....

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Like a different day here now.. Clear blue skies and not a breath of wind... 

Bring it on! Just seen my rain gauge (wheelbarrow) is half full of water. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

26mm of rain in two hours here, and it's still raining anything between 10mm/hr and occasionally up to 30mm/hr. Will be interesting to see where this stalls before it pivots, I'm right on the border of what's modeled.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

I don't know how much rain has fell over night but I could hear the rain lashing against the windows. Once I get my rain gauge I will be able to accurately measure how much rain is fallen.

It has not long stopped raining but I don't think the rain is finished yet.  The humidity is at 82% and the temperature is at 14.5ºC.  The barometric pressure has been falling steadily and is at 1006.7 hPa

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

That was a wet night, started raining quite heavily around 11pm. Then a shorter period of very heavy rain this morning. Loads of water on the roads. Sunny now, though a gusty wind has suddenly picked up.

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Up to 39mm now since midnight (which is an unusually high total in this part of the world). Still raining but eased right off.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

The rainfall has been relentless since 03:00 and it's now like a monsoon......... going to be major flooding problems around these areas later. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

I see talk of east anglia becoming a dust bowl with the river cam drying up where maybe a tad premature!! 

We definitely seem to be in a wet period now the rivers are responding quicker and quicker with a shorter basin time lag - if this carries on end of October could be looking quite floody in the south east ! 

Currently in Keswick where it was reassuringly wet overnight but now quite dry and blustery 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow
5 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

We definitely seem to be in a wet period now the rivers are responding quicker and quicker with a shorter basin time lag - if this carries on end of October could be looking quite floody in the south east

The rivers are no longer dredged as they used to be, most of the time it only happens post flooding events. The Somerset levels being the most recent example of lack of maintenance causing major problems.

This Summer, boaters on the upper reaches of the navigable Trent have been experiencing issues with lack of depth and sand bars mid channel, some parts of the Soar have been the same, and the Lee and Stort navigation has been closed more than once as slightly low water levels grounded boats mid channel.

• Like 2

Posted

The cold front has just cleared here (at 11.00), with the wind switching from SE'ly to W'ly and giving a max gust of 28mph as it went through. An impressive 29mm of rain in my gauge, well over an inch.

The Arpege wind chart for 11.00 was pretty much spot on:

1719375640_ArpegeWind06Oct11_00.thumb.png.7fc0ff3cf7a0afdfd2896eacd84a3c73.png

• Like 2

Posted

55.2mm here now. The wettest single rain event in a very long time 

• Like 3