Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

The front finally reached the South Coast here in the Hastings area around 9.55pm and gave us about 15 minutes of fairly heavy rain and two flashes of lightning but that was all.

I dont know how to post a link but the RNLI Facebook page posted some quite impressive photo's of the flooding at Rye Harbour during yesterdays high tide, never seen it that high before.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all,

Up early again but fortunately shoulder not quite so "gippy", this Morning.

@Ed Stone. Thanks for your Medical Tip, Pete but you had me reaching for my Roget's Thesaurus. My "Mince Pies", aren't what they were and for a moment thought you were "drifting slowly" into a séance.

Malaria, now that's a thought!! Perhaps that would explain my manic behaviour, lately?? It's certainly been warm enough in our Bedroom, in the last couple of Summers, for Mosquitoes to come and live with us. So much so, I'm thinking of erecting a Mosquito Net, in time for next Summer. That should keep the pesky creatures off and the Missus!!  Sorry Sweetheart.

Looking forward to getting out and buying an Orthopaedic Pillow today. (that's ORTHOPAEDIC and not OROGRAPHIC, for those Members that also have eyesight problems!!). But quite fancy, a hilly contoured, Memory Foam "job." I'll have to get myself some Bitter Lemon on my travels, too .

BTW Pete, do you think your Tottenham Defenders were suffering from Malaria, last Night?? Perhaps they should have had a shot of Quinine, before they went out onto the pitch. 2-7, now that is a "Fantasy" Football scoreline and then some!! Did the Tottenham crowd chant, "Is there anybody there"?

On a Weather related note, much cooler in our Lounge this Morning.

Cooler air having "invaded" from the North after those "thundery downpours", had moved away. 

Sitting here with my non-Quinine drink then,  and about to watch a recording MeteoGroup's extended Forecast, Stav Danaos on duty again. Below is a BBC Video link to the Forecast, for those Members who'd rather not read my commentary:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/49872491

Stav, began his Forecast again by commenting on the amount of Rainfall we've experienced, in the last few Days. There were 74 Flood Warnings enforced, yesterday Morning but that number has now eased somewhat and the good news is that, the middle part of the Week will be dominated by a Ridge of High Pressure. This will bring with it, a lot of fine and settled Weather. Although, it will be a brief settled spell, as it's set to turn unsettled yet again, by the end of the Week.

Wednesday starts off pretty chilly, for our Region. Dry and bright, down here then but noticeably cooler than of late, with a Max. of 14c/15c, for the London area. Pretty chilly again overnight under clear skies, a Min. of around 6c, for London. Later on in the Week our "old friend",  Hurricane LORENZO, is weakening as it moves N.E.over the cooler waters, towards our Shores. MeteoGroup, now seem more certain about this feature's track. It's likely to reach the Western parts of Ireland, during Thursday. It still looks fine and dry for our Region on Thursday, though. Max.Temps. will start to rise but still on the cool side at first, with a Max. of 14c for London.

This Low, now looks as if it will sweep across the Country, during Friday. It will have the effect of forcing that much cooler air, away Northwards. The remnants of LORENZO will then weaken rapidly,as it sinks S.E., across England and Wales. As it does so, associated Rain and Wind will diminish, as this feature moves towards, our Region. As we will have imported some milder air by this time,Max.Temps back up to 17c/18c, for the London area.

Thereafter, the remnants of ex-LORENZO move away. But another fairly wet and windy spell looks likely, Saturday Night and on into Sunday.Then we'll experience a brief Ridge of High Pressure before yet more unsettled Weather tracks across the U.K., on Monday.

Low Pressure, then looks to "park" itself between Scotland and Iceland. 

Stav ended his Forecast by stating that with Low Pressure close by, it's likely to stay unsettled with further Rain and Wind at times. Our Region, should be least affected and although we're likely to see some Rain, we should also benefit from some lengthier drier interludes, at times.

That's my interpretation of MeteoGroup's extended Forecast for our Region, seen through the eyes of Stav Danaos.

A bit unsettled for our Region then but it could be a whole lot worse!!

Regards,

Tom. :hi: 

Edited by Blessed Weather
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Sunday looking very wet for our part of the world. Still very much needed in Suffolk, where we have had a long run of below average rainfall. The recent rain has hardly made a dent  - rivers and ditches still dry.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

It's woolly hat day! To celebrate Bubs and I both wore Black ones. Nice and toasty. I'm used to the weird looks I get each winter. None the less I came back sweating like a pig.

Spent all morning prompted by the cool temperatures sorting out some stuffs and moving my summer clothes so i can get the winter stuffs out. Happy days. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

First day it felt like proper autumn, despite the sunshine. There’s that ‘scent’ in the air this evening too, that hints at frost and cold. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Yep, lovely day today with a refreshing chill in the air. Wouldn't seem out of place in December! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Proper autumn morning today just 2.1c on the sandy soils of Esher common - probs some ground frost too if I was to venture out and look for it !

Posted

Dragon at Kew was looking very vibrant in the October sunshine !

Patch needed a bath after his day with Dolly Dog Daycare .! 

3812C286-A230-404A-B9FB-3DED82119EA6.jpeg

988C538C-10DB-485E-ACF8-BDA0EAF95661.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Fell to 1.1C here in the Hadleigh 'hole'. Weatherquest reporting that Santon Downham fell to -0.6C making last night the first air frost of the season in East Anglia. They also posted this interesting chart showing how the date of the first air frost in the East is slowly slipping back:

151973887_EAFirstAirfrostsgraph.thumb.jpg.8d374ee572e322d4197509768ae8c374.jpg

Source: Weatherquest Twitter @danholley_

• Like 7

Posted

Had a patchy frost on top of the roofs here earlier this morning not sure how low it got but close to 1 or 2 Celsius I'm sure but albeit probably briefly..

Edited by jordan smith

Posted

Nice steam fog effect coming of Black Pond Esher Common !

CC46FF13-1FA7-4435-A511-5E02AA3ACC57.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Today I decided to test drive my new coat as it wasn't even 2c. Some lovely person walked past me and said 'poor soul, no meat on her bones must feel the coat' My village is so lovely. At least I was warm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....
18 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

Lovely smog tinged vista of the City of London !

99858A6E-2C68-42EC-AD91-DC4B497DA02D.jpeg

Where was that taken Badgers ? 

Posted
3 minutes ago, Hurricane Debby said:

Where was that taken Badgers ? 

Epsom Downs ... always great views on the golf course x

• Like 1

Posted

Was a cold one first thing dipped to 4.9C coldest of season so far, so undoubtedly suburbs must have had a ground frost. It’s been a very cloudy day despite that a smidgen warmer than yesterday 14.1C.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....
6 hours ago, Badgers01 said:

Epsom Downs ... always great views on the golf course x

I had a feeling it was ! I used to live in Sutton and that was my favourite spot for weather watching and for the view of London. I used to love Esher as well, especially West End. So enjoy your pics 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Dreary day here, felt distinctly chilly and grey At least no wind, to speak of.

Posted

The wind is picking up a bit, here in Epsom. A few gusts are throwing the tree branches around. I'm still eyeing up the central heating but haven't cracked just yet. 

On the radio earlier, a listener said the way he decides whether to turn the heating on, is to put a tub of ice cream on the kitchen side. If it melts within 30 mins, it stays off, if it doesn't , it goes on. I fear that wouldn't work in my house as someone would just help themselves to it!!

(Fluffy socks are out, tho'!)

• Like 1