Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

We've had one heavy shower here so far while I was out, and there's a line of storms heading this way as I type (we've heard the thunder associated with them already).  UEA weather station reporting 5.5mm since midbnight but I suspect that will be increasing over the next 30 minutes or so.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

The rain returned but it was heavier this time.  I tried to photograph the rain falling in my back garden but all I could photo was the results of the rain.

24 September 2019 1713.jpg

Edited by Katrine Basso
change photo
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Bit wet today. 

The balance out has started. As it always does. 

6 months of this grot ahead now, apart from the one day snow event if we’re lucky. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather

Yes Ben, think you mean sleet event.

Tom, I for one enjoy reading your posts, not sure what occured days ago but don't let these posters ruin it for you or for us. 

Please keep up your posts.

Edited by all weather
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
1 hour ago, all weather said:

Yes Ben, think you mean sleet event.

Tom, I for one enjoy reading your posts, not sure what occured days ago but don't let these posters ruin it for you or for us. 

Please keep up your posts.

Thanks for those very kind words All Weather but I've made up my mind about not posting any longer.

As I stated, I've been a Member since 2005 and to my mind have made a lot of Weather contributions, to this Thread, the number of Posts I've registered suggests that. Latterly, posting up my interpretation of MeteoGroup's extended Forecasts, for our Region.

I still suffer from fatigue, after my Brain Haemorrhage/Stroke and posting in detail, can be quite tiring for me. When I came out of Hospital in February 2016, after being hospitalised for 4 and a half Months, I'd even forgotten that I was a long-standing Member of NW.  I had to teach myself how to use a Computer again but thankfully this self-professed "Technophobe" has regained most of his IT skills!!

But no more posting on the S.E.Thread, now.

I'm afraid to say that over the past few Years, there "reeks" a sense of double standards, about some of the material in Posts, allowed in this Thread.

Regards,

Tom.   :hi:

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 7

Posted
7 minutes ago, Jimmyh said:

I got one am utterly dismayed that once again a regular enthusiastic poster has been forced to remove himself from the forum. I for on absolutely loved @TomSE12 total light hearted jovial witterings that always brought a smile to my face in the mornings be it in the winter summer spring or autumn. There is something wrong here when people are corrected of the swerve so slightly off topic and dont stay on weather only ramblings. I did see a post a few days back having a go at Tom. I thought it was total imbyism. 

That's the problem we have lost so many good active genuine posters because of this and I am cross. I adore the weather and u can see my liked values and post as much as I can but occasionally we need to stay the other side of the fence. At no point has anything Tom has said could be considered abusive, just happy witterings of a man happy to be alive.

And I remember Tom's snow cup it was so much fun. Remember that people fun.......

Thanks for those very kind words, Jimmyh. I'd completely forgotten about the "Snow Depth Cup". Now that was something I did put a lot of effort into, when I was TOMSE20 and lived in Anerley, S.E.London.

I had Members names on sheets of A4, spread across my Lounge floor and it was surprising that my Brain didn't "blow up", then!! 

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

We'll certainly miss your input,Tom...I still remember your posts from December 2010, when we were both domiciled in Anerly(sp?) and when blizzards were a'raging. How time flies?:santa-emoji:

Edited by Ed Stone
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I'm taking no sides here, but no one is being forced to do anything. If something/someone has done something, please use the report button. I say this, because I sense that something has happened, but I haven't seen anything. Due to the fact that moderators are not here 24/7, things do go unnoticed occasionally. The only way for us to deal with something we've missed, is if it is reported.

I think we should move on from it, now. If there's any issues, please contact a moderator, either by PM or you can privately create a thread here: 

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/forum/171-contact-the-forum-team-private-forum/

No one else but yourself and moderators can see posts/threads there.

Hope this helps?!

• Like 5

Posted
12 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

We'll certainly miss your input,Tom...I still remember your posts from December 2010, when we were both domiciled in Anerly(sp?)and when blizzards were a'raging. How time flies?:santa-emoji:

Thanks for those very kind words, Pete.

I'm off to spend more time with Sebastian and the Horse Racing Competitions.  :oldgrin:

Harry Kane's Champion's League "Fantasy" goals will be in the capable hands,

of Callum (KIRKCALDY WEATHER), from now on. :oldgood:

Regards,

Tom.   :hi:

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Really wet day here in Surrey several times stuck under slow moving red blobs on radar ... recorded 55mm here not sure how accurate but impressive in less than 12 hours ... surface water all around the roads slow to drain away .

• Like 2

Posted

looking  at radar could be a wet night

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunder

This is a very sad evening to see @TomSE12 leaving. I thoroughly enjoy reading his posts in the morning, SE historical weather and the detailed discussions with Mr Currie. To think that someone with such humour, knowledge, compassion for everyone else and and thoroughly brilliant writing style is being forced of this forum is perhaps a sad reflection of the wider world we now live in.  This forum will be a duller and much less well informed place with Tom’s leaving. Such a shame!

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Soaking here tonight. Puddles everywhere and fields and vegetation bogged through. 

Hopefully a dry period happens before the winter rains set in. 

Edited by Ben Lewis
  • Like 1

Posted

An exceptionally wet day in ‘middle’ London over 40mm and easily wettest day of year here. More falling now... 

@TomSE12 to hell with with them people! Keep on posting we’ve lost too many, we need you! 

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

@TomSE12 please do not go, I love your posts, and this thread will be a lot less happy, if you decide to stop. Please reconsider, if somebody has upset you, block them and report them, don't give them the satisfaction, on a weather note, wet

• Like 4

Posted

Lots of lightning and thunder, and heavy rain today.

Weather reports are always welcome. Stuff about the wife's cooking less so.

I am sorry that I have upset you Tom, but this is a weather forum. I have had to learn to abide by the new rules, like everyone else.

Edited by Crepuscular Ray
  • Like 3

Posted
5 hours ago, Mapantz said:

I'm taking no sides here, but no one is being forced to do anything. If something/someone has done something, please use the report button. I say this, because I sense that something has happened, but I haven't seen anything. Due to the fact that moderators are not here 24/7, things do go unnoticed occasionally. The only way for us to deal with something we've missed, is if it is reported.

I think we should move on from it, now. If there's any issues, please contact a moderator, either by PM or you can privately create a thread here: 

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/forum/171-contact-the-forum-team-private-forum/

No one else but yourself and moderators can see posts/threads there.

Hope this helps?!

I haven’t a clue what set all the problems off. Thought there was a much more relaxed attitude on say this type of thread than the Models etc.

Always been general banter going on.

If someone like Tom wants to write at length so be it. At least he used paragraphs so you could easily skip anything that was not of immediate interest. 

Hopefully Tom after a while will feel able to recommence his input. 

• Like 4

Posted
44 minutes ago, Crepuscular Ray said:

Lots of lightning and thunder, and heavy rain today.

Weather reports are always welcome. I am sorry that I have upset you Tom, but this is a weather forum. I have had to learn to abide by the new rules, like everyone else. Six paragraphs on the wife's cooking are irrelevant.

The rules are more relaxed in regional threads well that’s been the impression, it seems SE thread has always received more scrutiny, perhaps because the people are more interesting. There’s opportunity to discuss wider daily going ons alongside weather. I feel you are being a bit of a misery guts... forcing people away like so many have, self expression is important and human, more difficult to see on virtual space we’re more than blank profiles, none of this rigid nonsense do you want it to be ‘dead’ and soulless in here? People who moderate need to do a better job and focus on what actually needs dealing with.. and Tom is certainly not someone you need looking at.

as for lots of thunder and lightening not sure what part of town you were in!! Although it did give as much as we had seen all year, which does not say a lot. Quite a good weather day shame there’s been so little. In dry slot right now but more heavy PPN gathering to SW/W.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!
5 hours ago, Daniel* said:

it seems SE thread has always received more scrutiny, perhaps because the people are more interesting.

Really? I think you mean more drama queens/kings by the looks of things in here. 

All the regional threads have interesting people - hence why I enjoy browsing through each one of them every time I visit this forum. (Every season of the year) This thread probably more often than most (out-with Scotland thread) as I have family who live in the South East and I visit them at least four times a year. 

The regional threads are all about what it says on the tin...chat about your local weather and it's effect on your daily life here in the regional forums.

I respect Tom and have enjoyed his posts for years regarding all things weather related - think the issue for some ladies and maybe some men could be his musings about Rachel Riley’s long legs, almost daily chat about how attractive female weather presenters are looking or as the member above mentioned...his wife’s cooking. (I had no issue with any of this but in this day and age I can see why some would maybe prefer weather related posts only plus there are specific threads for non weather chat)

Personally I come on this forum to read about the weather...that could be daily reports, outlooks, how it’s affecting everyone’s daily life with regards to the garden, travel, employment and I love looking at the pictures of anything weather related from all the UK and Ireland. 

Let’s be honest here - Tom is going nowhere. He loves the weather and won’t find a better place than this forum to talk about it. (I’m sure he has been active recently )

I look forward to reading all your future weather posts Tom and wish you the best of health. 

Getting back to the weather...so glad to see many reports of rain in here! My aunts garden down there has been like a desert for months. More rain today and without even looking I’m sure it will be at least 20c as always! Also very jealous of the hot Summers you all get! 

Have a good day everyone and I look forward to reading all your weather reports/looking at pictures this Autumn and Winter! 

All the best

David 

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 8