Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

UEA station on Wunderground reporting 2.3mm, but radar accumulation suggests more like 5mm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!
1 hour ago, Blessed Weather said:

Amazing sunset here in Hadleigh, Suffolk. Best I've seen for a long time. This photo taken in the High Street:

1196003363_Sunset22Sept.thumb.jpg.eb53816d3e7612300a6bc30dee7a1f66.jpg

This coming week looking good to finally provide some reasonable rainfall. Arpege going for between one and two inches across the Region:

Cumulative rainfall chart to Friday 27th Sept: 1068427850_ArpegeCumPrecip22-27Sept.thumb.png.c5d3dbb51ac0914e06ec809175bd674f.png

I visited Orford this weekend and on the drive back through Suffolk I saw that same sunset, not seen anything like it for many years, was absolutely stunning and a sunset rainbow to boot! The picture doesnt really do it justice.

20190922_185301.jpg

• Like 6

Posted

Grim day was warmest 10 in morning the rain bits and pieces of nothingness...always seems to be the way for us further south and east, notable how yellow the grass is... last year ‘drought’ had remedied itself by August it’s been a pretty steady going on drier side this year, would be a problem next summer if upcoming months aren’t fruitful.

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

It is still dark in Thurrock at 6:20 am.  The temperature is 16.0°C, with humidity at 75%.  The  barometer is at 1009.4 and it is rising.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

How are we all this bright, but turning cloudy later morning?

super.

Didn't feel that cold out this morning.  We have a burst water main in the area which has stopped me doing any cleaning.

Don't like having dodgy water.

Posted

Weather warnings out for tomorrow.

We'll see, have 70/30% split so far this year with their warnings, and that's being generous on the 30%

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

According to the Met Office there's a 70 to 80% chance of moderate rain to come to the Havering/Thurrock boroughs; but wunderground weather has a higher chance of showers/light rain/rain from 7pm.  Wunderground weather percentages range from 63% to 69%. BBC weather say that there is a 68%/69% chance of rain from 7pm to 8pm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Daily Express has been quiet, we usually get a SIBERIAN CHILLER TO BRING NEW ICEAGE TO BRRRRRRITAIN IN A MATTER OF WEEKS headlines by now. The are slacking, in other news what's James Madden's views on the up coming winter.

• Like 5

Posted
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

Daily Express has been quiet, we usually get a SIBERIAN CHILLER TO BRING NEW ICEAGE TO BRRRRRRITAIN IN A MATTER OF WEEKS headlines by now. The are slacking, in other news what's James Madden's views on the up coming winter.

I'd be careful lass. Not allowed to have a sense of humour.

The weather is swell.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Netweather are kindly giving me a cumulative total of 10-14mm for the week. Very generous, hope it's underestimated! Rainfall total for July, Aug and Sept is 42mm. June alone was 61mm! Trees have been losing leaves since mid August and mature shrubs are looking what can only be described as sick. 

• Like 2

Now that's the wettest looking radar I have seen in months! At last! 

Noticed a lot of rodies especially ones under trees are nearly dead round here. I've never ever seen rodies droop like that in my life apart from last year when a simialir thing happened. It just shows how dry the last 2 years have been.. 

I belive in nature balancing itself out but it just hasn't happened yet and will be very interesting to see how autumn and winter go.. 

The GFS in la la land is suggesting yet another warm up.... 

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Now that's the wettest looking radar I have seen in months! At last! 

Noticed a lot of rodies especially ones under trees are nearly dead round here. I've never ever seen rodies droop like that in my life apart from last year when a simialir thing happened. It just shows how dry the last 2 years have been.. 

I belive in nature balancing itself out but it just hasn't happened yet and will be very interesting to see how autumn and winter go.. 

The GFS in la la land is suggesting yet another warm up.... 

yep just seen the radar its going to get very wet soon could be a lot of water about

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

That's a welcome sight (for most of us). It's going to be hard to avoid a soaking at some stage this morning.

07.30: 385209741_Radar24Sept07_30.thumb.jpg.33dceed5ea876164975dbc1ebe35954d.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

It feels distinctly tropical out there right now, despite the torrential rain. I believe it’s because of the tropical Origins this system has?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather

Good inch of rain in that lot for us. It was a good dry summer, now as Surrey says, nature will do its best to balance things out.

Garden enjoying this as much as I am. Golfing friday, so this is welcome for those hardened fairways.

• Like 1

Posted

Yesterday's was rain, was very fine but persistent and came much earlier than forecasted. Today is where we are getting a good amount of rainfall. The roads, pavements and paths look like they have been washed.  The humidity is at 82% and the temperature is 17.1°C and the indoor temperature is at 21.2°C.  The barometer pressure has been falling and it is at 1001.3 hPa.

Edited by Katrine Basso
missing word
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Absolutely chucking it down. The garden needs it so I can't complain. I quite enjoy heavy rain.

• Like 2

Posted

well that was the heaviest rain i've walked in for a while. Dark too.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Just had a very intense burst of rain, vaguely convective too.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Yes proper rain event working it’s way through the south east at the moment - got the lights on at home it’s so dark still,  dog walk delayed !

Edited by Badgers01

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

That was probably the heaviest most prolonged rain I’ve had for at least 4 or 5 months, very welcomed, feels tropical at 17c humidity at 98%

• Like 2