Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all,

Up early and downstairs on my own today. My Wife is having a well earned "lie-in", after her 12 Hour shift of yesterday. Poor thing came home "shot through". Not easy dealing with Dementia sufferers.

But we'll need to go out later, to buy a new  image.thumb.png.7a0b4f664e5edc2f2dd5babc945b217a.png Tommy Toilet Seat.

Our current one is broken (It wasn't me honest!!) and it's not much fun, sitting on a bare bowl!!

I blame the Wife's -  image.thumb.png.d17f0da5919ad86e455c316730e76e9e.pngTiffany Tiramisu.

I know, that looks nothing like a Tiramisu!! We both had another great "wedge" of it last Night and there's still some left. 

Anyway, enough of the Tomfoolery, let's get down to the "nitty-gritty."

Below, is a BBC link to MeteoGroup's extended Forecast with the lovely Louise Lear, of the nice, "hair colour":

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/49733640

No change from Yesterday's extended Forecast, in essence. Remaining dry and sunny for the rest of the Week but with some rather cool Nights, under an area of High Pressure. As the flow starts to come up from Iberia will start to import some warmth and humidity. As we enter the Weekend,  Louise suggested we need to keep a " close eye", on a Weather Front, just to the West of the U.K.

Meanwhile, I was keeping a "close eye", on the lovely Louise  (it's ok, the Wife's still in bed).  

A Max.Temp of 25c/26c still possible for the London area on Saturday, before the potential for some thundery downpours to affect our Region, overnight Saturday and into Sunday (that should be "music to the ears", of the "thunder starved" Brontophiles, in our Region!! 

Thereafter, probably becoming more unsettled as the Jet Stream strengthens and areas of Low Pressure, track across the Atlantic towards the U.K. 

Louise ended her Forecast by stating that the "detail is difficult to pinpoint, at the moment".

But certainly Low Pressure looks to become more influential, than it has done of late. So, turning more unsettled but still on the mild side.

Must go now as Nurse has reminded me, it's time for my Tablets and Injection plus Men in White Coats are banging on my Front Door (cunningly disguised as Toilet Seats and Tiramisu).

Regards,

Tom.   :hi:   

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
10 hours ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Freezing  

Yes, didn't it go off cold last night! I joined a few friends for a teatime pint in our local pub's beer garden and the minute the sun went down the temp started dropping fast. I'm glad I took a jacket. Overnight it looks like everywhere in the Region was down to single figures, reaching 3.7C imby and even Heathrow was down to 9.6C. It's starting to feel 'proper autumn' with these sunny days and cold nights. And as Tom says above, signs that next week we might see the other side of autumn with some wet and windy days.

• Like 4

Posted
3 hours ago, Blessed Weather said:

Yes, didn't it go off cold last night! I joined a few friends for a teatime pint in our local pub's beer garden and the minute the sun went down the temp started dropping fast. I'm glad I took a jacket. Overnight it looks like everywhere in the Region was down to single figures, reaching 3.7C imby and even Heathrow was down to 9.6C. It's starting to feel 'proper autumn' with these sunny days and cold nights. And as Tom says above, signs that next week we might see the other side of autumn with some wet and windy days.

Would like some decent foggy mornings too

is it just me, or is this the second year i have not seen a single crane fly about. Sign of a winter like 18/19 maybe ?‍♂️

• Like 2

Posted

Lovely clear blue skies and sunshine made for a very warm walk on Esher Common at lunch time. This is in contrast to yesterday on campus in Uxbridge where a rather keen wind was keeping the 'feels like' temperature down for Freshers Week despite the sun. As others have noted, evening temperatures are now feeling very seasonal under clear skies, leading to a turning up of the heating dial last night when a blanket wasn't quite enough in front of the TV. 

IMG_20190918_141352.jpg

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 6

Posted

It did feel fresh this morning falling to 8.2C not the coolest it’s been this autumn but it’s just nice to see single figures now, the mild nights in teens set to return with narrowing diurnal range. Boo! 

I do notice now it’s very evident summer is behind us maximum seen before 3PM in which was 20.2C under cloudless skies it would have been warmer a month ago. The mornings & evenings remind us.

• Like 3

Posted

Morning all,

Up very early again and downstairs on my own , where there is a distinct chill in the air, in the Lounge.

You'll no doubt be pleased to hear that a new Toilet Seat was procured yesterday and is now awaiting instalment, by my Brother-In-Law. Mine and my Wife's health problems, making it too difficult to achieve that, ourselves. Also the last of the Tiramisu was devoured last Night,  it's flavour having improved after a couple of Days, being in our Fridge.

Now sitting here with an early morning cuppa and just about to watch a recording of MeteoGroup's extended Forecast, this Morning's Forecast presented by the equally lovely Susan Powell, her hair colour also very nice and much more my Wife's tint. I wonder if Susan is having trouble with grey roots herself, yet? :shok: Susan does look very "fetching" in her purple jumper. See below, a BBC link to Ms Powell's Forecast:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/49748840

A couple of dry and sunny Days to come with Temps. on the rise again, as an area of High Pressure edges just to the East of the U.K and we start to import some warmth and humidity, from the Continent. 

Still looking "unseasonably warm" for the time of Year on Saturday, with a likely Max.Temp. of 25c/26c for the London area.

A thundery breakdown, still looking likely then overnight Saturday into Sunday, as a Cold Front engages that humid, Southerly sourced air mass. This "thundery rain"  will move through during Sunday but in it's wake, it's still likely to feel quite humid.

During the early part of next Week we are likely to feel the effects of the remnants,  of ex-Hurricane HUMBERTO.

Thereafter, Susan ended her Forecast by stating that next Week is likely to be more unsettled than of late, with some showery rain likely for our Region, more especially at the start of the Week and although Max.Temps. will be down on those that we'll experience over the Weekend, we'll still likely see a very acceptable Max.Temp. of around 18c/19c, for the London area, throughout next Week.

That's a shortened interpretation of MeteoGroup's extended Forecast, for our Region, seen through the lovely eyes of Susan Powell.

Regards,

Tom.    :hi:

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

Earlier on in the morning, I saw the moon which I photographed and downloaded.  The moon on the photo is very blurred and it is behind the tree's branches.

This afternoon there are cumulus fractus clouds against a background of light blue sky.  The temperature is 16.5% along with 63% humidity.  The pressure is at 1031.3mb, Steady.

The mornings and evenings are getting cooler and this morning was especially cool. It was lovely not to have cope with hot sticky humid weather.

Thursday 19th September 2019.JPG

• Like 2

Posted

Morning all,

Up early again to have Breakfast with my Wife, before she started her early Morning shift, in Chislehurst. On the chilly side in our Lounge this Morning.

No offence meant to Chris Fawkes but no "hair colour" interest for my Wife this Morning, so she got on with making our Breakfast. Below, is the BBC Video to the extended MeteoGroup Forecast with Chris Fawkes:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/49763590

Nothing has changed much in the Forecast for the next few Days, dry and sunny with increasing warmth/humidity for our Region, with Max.Temps peaking on Saturday, in the mid-20's C, for the London area. 

Chris, then stated there is still some uncertainty regarding how much rain we'll see moving across the country but ultimately a Cold Front will displace that warm/humid air with some rain (how much, open to question), one assumes it could still be thundery in nature, for our Region on Sunday. A cooling trend, Temperature wise with a Max, of 22c suggested for the London area.

As that Cold Front clears through by Monday, a Ridge of High Pressure should ensure a spell of dry and sunny Weather for our Region but cooler and fresher, with Max. Temps. down to 20c for the London area. By Tuesday, Low Pressure is firmly in charge of our Weather. A spell of wind and rain likely for our Region but how much, still "open to doubt".

Chris ended his Forecast by stating that next Week will be cooler and more unsettled than of late but the Weather for our Region doesn't look too bad with the Weather looking to settle down again, as we end the Week and with Max. Temps a reasonable 18c, for the London area.

Elisabeth had a image.png.93798929ddd2dc37edd530fde72800c8.png graphic for Tuesday (interest for the Brontophiles in the area).

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:   

Edited by Paul
  • Like 3

Posted

My Wife left for work, happy in the knowledge that my Brother-in-Law had successfully installed our new Toilet Seat, a "faux" marble job.

But my Brother-in-Law got a little too "handy", when he had his hands inside my Wife's drawers!! :shok:

Our Bedroom Chest of Drawers "Charlie", collapsed a few Weeks ago, trapping some of my Wife's clothes, inside.

My Brother-in-Law kindly fixed "Charlie", as well. So, Colette left for work this Morning, a happy bunny.

But I'm not sure my Sister will be impressed with the knowledge that her Husband has been fiddling inside her Sister-in-Law's drawers. I wasn't that impressed either :nonono:, I had to watch while my Brother-in-Law, fiddled!! :shok:

Hopefully by next Week, we'll no longer need to use our Bedroom fans, at Night. The Atlantic should finally make a definitive breakthrough, eventually leaving some cooler Nights in it's wake at last.

Regards,

Tom. :hi:     

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
3 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

There has no doubt been hotter weeks this season however I would go as far as to say the weather this week has been the best of the year !

Yes, at least its remotely comfortable, although still a bit too hot yesterday while waiting for a bus (too long as usual - first group useless - London transport is miles better than up here), loads of frozen chicken nearly defrosted while i was in Oldham, had to go over the other side of the road in the shade and try and run back across when bus finally turned up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Disappointing today so far....big band of cloud has spilled in off the sea and ruined things across a good chunk of our region. Hopefully it clears off north later and I get a few hours of sunshine to enjoy this afternoon!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
2 hours ago, TomSE12 said:

Chris, then stated there is still some uncertainty regarding how much rain we'll see moving across the country

From heavy possibly thundery stuff to this...if there is uncertainty then you can guarantee what part of the country will miss out.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

Disappointing today so far....big band of cloud has spilled in off the sea and ruined things across a good chunk of our region. Hopefully it clears off north later and I get a few hours of sunshine to enjoy this afternoon!

Its moving away North!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
44 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

16 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Its moving away North!

The culprit shows up nicely on the satellite - a great big high pressure right over the top of the UK and northern Europe, but with an annoying finger of cloud poking into the middle of it. But as you say Steve, it's moving north so should clear the Region later on.

Satellite 10.40 92867707_Satellite20Sept10_40.thumb.jpg.f56a5f6e79f399574d9238763284e6cf.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

I am waiting for the possible arrival of rain and hopefully it will be more than just light drizzle.  There is a blue, sunny sky which has a small scattering of cirrus clouds.

The temperature at 11:26 am is 16.6°C and the humidity is at 65%. The barometer pressure is at 1026.6, steady.

I have noticed that when the humidity is at 70+, there is more chance of rain in Thurrock along with a lowering of the barometer pressure.

Cirrus sky.png

Edited by Katrine Basso
add photo
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Could do with rain next week - our village pond has dried-out!:wallbash:

Edited by chrisbell-nottheweatherman
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunder

So astronomical summer ends tomorrow..... and then astronomical autumn begins Sunday.... the meteorological forecast ties in perfectly!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
9 hours ago, MissGrace said:

I have not visited this site for a while, but unfortunately I am still reading the same old 'Benny Hill' '1970s' claptrap on here by some members. Maybe that is why there is a lack of women posting and getting involved on this site! Outdated, sexist and oh so boring. 

Really?...can't ever remember you adding anything to the site other than this post moaning, if one or two posts/posters annoy you simply don't read them, why would that put you off this site?...it's not as if they're every other post.

Anyway back to the weather and another glorious morning and 18.1c of great British centigrade.

Edited by Froze were the Days
  • Like 2

Posted
13 hours ago, MissGrace said:

I have not visited this site for a while, but unfortunately I am still reading the same old 'Benny Hill' '1970s' claptrap on here by some members. Maybe that is why there is a lack of women posting and getting involved on this site! Outdated, sexist and oh so boring. 

What I like about netweather is that all are welcome.     It's open to people of a certain era who still like a bit of "in-your-end-oh" - outdated and boring as it might be for some.   Also it's open to people who are all too easily offended....boring and predictable as that might be to some too.   It takes all sorts to make up the society - live, let live, contribute and moan if you like.  But stay around and encourage your work-mates to join in too.  That's what keeps things vibrant and truly diverse.

• Like 5