Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

Fantastic weather here today for the Hastings Seafood and Wine festival but the traffic was so bad I went to Bexhill instead.

Wall to wall sunshine, a light breeze and 22.7c. 10/10

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Beautiful day, and an amazing sunset

IMG_20190914_193005.jpg

IMG_20190914_193245.jpg

IMG_20190914_193126.jpg

IMG_20190914_193153.jpg

IMG_20190914_192956_1.jpg

IMG_20190914_193109.jpg

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all,

Up early again with a cuppa and a recording of MeteGroup's extended Forecast, this Morning with Lucy Martin.

See BBC video link below:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/49694713

We're still looking at 25C/26C possible, for the London area today. Quite a muggy Night for our area to come, with an overnight Min. of around 15C, for the London area.

A weakening Cold Front, pushes that humid air away S.E, into the Continent. A cooler, fresher feel in the early part of the new working Week.

Thereafter, High Pressure still looks to dominate and is it edges further East, we will start to import some warmth from the Continent, again.  Just a hint that Low Pressure could start to move in, the second half of next Weekend. So, possibly becoming a little more unsettled than it has been of late but Max. Temps. still holding up in the low 20'sC, for our Region.

Still plenty of dry, sunny and warm Weather to come in the extended outlook then for our Region, as we head into the 2nd half of September.

Regards,

Tom.   :hi:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

Sunny but cool morning with dew on cars and vans windows.  The time is 8:30 am and the temperature is 15.1°C, with humidity of 68%. The barometer pressure is at 1024.7 and it is falling steadily.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Such great weather at the moment although today already feels more humid which is abut of a shame as yesterday’s dry air was like being in Southern California in winter !! 

Super visibility from Richmond Park yesterday...

you up can just make out St Paul’s on the last pic ! 

4E8B4E45-47FC-4B09-9671-2962553B360F.jpeg

DFAF1338-6CFC-4E4F-8F50-8152FB8EACF0.jpeg

23F6583F-48BE-4702-A174-355489868E5F.jpeg

BF136CD3-C0FB-46A3-9E05-497EEA26F33D.jpeg

Edited by Badgers01
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Lovely day to add to the many of recent times, and looking at the models many more to come (no surprise really) - 25c out there at the moment!

• Like 3

Posted

Nice day today. Our wedding anniversary. I thought it was 47 years but told by the management it is 46. Well whatever. Never was any good at sums  

Recall we had similar weather on the day followed by a marvellous thunder and lightning storm afterwards.

• Like 3

Posted

Had a lovely walk down to Lee Green this Morning, with my Wife.

It felt really good to be alive, for later on tonight exactly 4 Years ago, I started to experience the first signs of a Brain Haemorrhage. I was separated from my Wife, at the time and was living with my children, in Chislehurst. My younger Sister had come to live with us and I had given up my Bedroom, to my Sister and her young Daughter. I was sleeping on a mattress at the time, in the Lounge. I became very ill and thought I was suffering from food poisoning. My Daughter's boyfriend, heard me shout out for him and he managed to get me back on my mattress. When he woke up in the Morning, he found me unconscious and called for an Ambulance, straightaway. 

I spent a couple of hours in the P.R.U. Hospital in Bromley, before being rushed to King's College Hospital, at Denmark Hill, for emergency Brain Surgery. It was at King's that I "died" twice, once in front of my Wife, Colette. I caught Meningitis twice and Encephalitis, once. I had so much Vancomycin Antibiotic, that for a while I became resistant to it.

I was transferred from King's to a Rehabilitation Ward in Lewisham Hospital, a few days before Xmas 2015.  I stayed at Lewisham until being transferred to Orpington Hospital, at the end of January 2016. I was finally well enough to leave Hospital on 7th February, 2016. My long term memory was badly affected, I'd even forgotten that I was a Member, of NW. Fortunately, both my long term and short term memories, have pretty much returned to normal, now.

I cannot praise our much maligned NHS Staff, enough. Without their expertise and latterly the love, care and attention to detail of my Wife Colette, I would not have made the recovery, I have. I still have balance "issues" and Trigeminal Neuralgia, as a result of scar tissue from my Brain operation. I can no longer work now because of these ongoing, health problems.

I can thank myself very lucky to be alive and nearly paid the ultimate price, for failing to take my medication for Hypertension. I now take my 3 B.P. tablets on a daily basis, without fail.

It will feel very strange later on tonight and I still get "flashbacks", to that awful night, in September 2015.

As American Author Mark Twain, once said allegedly, "Rumours of my death, have been greatly exaggerated." :oldgrin:

Thankfully!! 

Yours, still around,

Tom.    :hi:

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 4

Posted

In your situation Tom you must take each day as it comes and just enjoy the weather (what ever it brings) and our glorious countryside with it...here's for many more years!

P.S. No doubt the NHS in general did a fine job with regards to your brain haemorrhage but not so with my mother who passed away in 2015 due to poor aftercare, in fact the first time she had been in hospital in some 18 years - but that's the NHS for you good tales and less good ones. Going off topic a bit here, reached 25.1c here today.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
1 hour ago, Snow Queen one said:

Tom I am so glad that your story has a happy ending and enjoy very much reading your posts on here.  Keep up the good work.  All the best

SQ1

Absolutely.  His tale is also a lesson for those of us who take presciption medication to diligently take it as directed!

• Like 2

Posted

Perfect temps today, lovely walking about. So nice, I just stayed outside all day - ending up at Hughenden Manor's 40's weekend (in case you wondered where that Spitfire was going!)

Low of 6.8.c at about 5am this morning, didn't feel that cold, had the thermometer carked it or was it really that low??

• Like 1

Posted

My Wife Colette has made a wonderful Italian meal tonight, in honour of my "survival".

image.thumb.png.1e65b39cb21f9623f6f7a70a19af7020.png Bistecca alla Pizzaiola (Steak cooked in the style of a Pizza maker).

She also made 2 Tiramisu.

image.thumb.png.5332c2a87c7a23a3943ff6b6172c0962.png A Raspberry/Almond Tiramisu.

image.thumb.png.7fd9c3a7452dd69bf48f0d0bf716249c.png And a normal Chocolate/Coffee Tiramisu.

It's the first time that my Wife has made a Tiramisu, in 4 Years. A few days after her last one, I experienced that Brain Haemorrhage. Colette claims it was her Tiramisu, that caused it!! :nonono:Silly, superstitious Lady but I think she's trying to "kill" me again!! 

This was like my Birthday meal from last Sunday, spoilt all over again. 

And the Weather has been very Mediterranean here in S.E.London, today. Will it be the last time we hit 25+c in our Region. Not necessarily, if memory serves I can remember a few Octobers' when it touched 80f, in "old money".

Regards,

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

Cloudless skies throughout the day ( and the weekend ), a very light breeze and 24c locally, it's been a stunning early autumn weekend here in Hastings/St Leonards on Sea.

• Like 2

Posted

Stop teasin' us Tom!...looks like you've got a great cook there (most important part of choosing a wife) - never rule the magic 80f being broken again even at the beginning of October the way our climate is going, 1st October 2011 we had 29c/84f.

• Like 1

Posted

Up extremely early again, after a pretty uncomfortable night in our Bedroom (aka the "Black hole of Kolkata").

Our oven was on for most of the Afternoon and a column of hot air rose and settled in our Bedroom, overnight. The downside of my Wife's delicious cooking.

Can't believe I had to resort to applying cold, wet flannels to my face again, despite having our 2 Bedroom fans on!!

4 hours ago, Froze were the Days said:

Stop teasin' us Tom!...looks like you've got a great cook there (most important part of choosing a wife) - never rule the magic 80f being broken again even at the beginning of October the way our climate is going, 1st October 2011 we had 29c/84f.

Hi Tim,

Yes, my Wife is a very good cook (although she will never admit it) and last night's meal was as good as I had for my 64th Birthday meal in an Italian Restaurant, last Sunday.

Sat with my usual early Morning cuppa now, and a recording of MeteoGroup's, extended Forecast, again with Lucy Martin. See BBC video link below:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/49709801

Still looking like High Pressure will dominate through this Week, the Weather remaining dry with plenty of sunshine but with Nights on the cool side with clear skies, under that area of High Pressure.  Next Weekend could see Max.Temps of around 23c/24c, for the London area.

Those Max. Temps., are perfectly acceptable for the 3rd Week, in September.

In my book, the 80f's belong in the height of Summer and not an Autumnal Month. Imo, I don't think "heat lovers" can complain, they've had a good run of high Temps., in the last couple of Summers.

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

• Like 3

Posted
11 hours ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

Absolutely.  His tale is also a lesson for those of us who take presciption medication to diligently take it as directed!

Hi Chris, 

Yes, totally agree with you. It's a very long story as to why I stopped taking my B.P. medication and Phobia related.

I remember having a conversation with a Cabbie, a year or so ago, who'd also stopped taking his tablets. I warned him of the perils that befell me, after doing the same.

My Wife reminded me of the strange tricks my Brain was playing on me, when I came out of my Hospital induced Coma.

I was placed in a Coma, to give my Brain a chance to recover from the trauma, it had suffered. Evidently the bleed had caused my Brain to swell and be pushed down, into my neck cavity.

When Colette came to visit me at King's College Hospital, evidently I would behave very strangely.

On hearing the telephone ring on the Nurse's Station, I would place a piece of blanket to my ear and state the following, "Sunderland's, Tom speaking." Sunderland were the Credit Bookmaker I worked for in Croydon, Surrey, before my illness.

Colette also told me that I was convinced that Joe Bugner was in the bed, diagonally opposite me. Why Joe Bugner, I have no idea (I'm not a Boxing fan). Another time, I thought my Father was in the same bed, when he was safely tucked away, in the Residential Care Home in Chislehurst where my Wife was working.

I was also convinced that my children had been sent to a private School in North Yorkshire but they were 34 and 32, in  2015. I was very concerned for their safety, as I'd heard that there were Radio reports of severe flooding, in the North of England (which actually took place). But of course, they were safely at home, in N.W.Kent.

A strange organ the Brain, especially after suffering trauma!!

As Chris Bell advises, I now diligently take my B.P. Medication, 3 in the Morning and 1 in the Evening and write it down, in my Diary.

Very wise words, from Chris.

Regards,

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 2

Posted
15 hours ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

Couldn't agree more Chris.  

Drizzle here this morning off to centre Parcs in Thetford for the week.  Should be OK weather wise. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
9 hours ago, TomSE12 said:

Hi Chris, 

Yes, totally agree with you. It's a very long story as to why I stopped taking my B.P. medication and Phobia related.

I remember having a conversation with a Cabbie, a year or so ago, who'd also stopped taking his tablets. I warned him of the perils that befell me, after doing the same.

My Wife reminded me of the strange tricks my Brain was playing on me, when I came out of my Hospital induced Coma.

I was placed in a Coma, to give my Brain a chance to recover from the trauma, it had suffered. Evidently the bleed had caused my Brain to swell and be pushed down, into my neck cavity.

When Colette came to visit me at King's College Hospital, evidently I would behave very strangely.

On hearing the telephone ring on the Nurse's Station, I would place a piece of blanket to my ear and state the following, "Sunderland's, Tom speaking." Sunderland were the Credit Bookmaker I worked for in Croydon, Surrey, before my illness.

Colette also told me that I was convinced that Joe Bugner was in the bed, diagonally opposite me. Why Joe Bugner, I have no idea (I'm not a Boxing fan). Another time, I thought my Father was in the same bed, when he was safely tucked away, in the Residential Care Home in Chislehurst where my Wife was working.

I was also convinced that my children had been sent to a private School in North Yorkshire but they were 34 and 32, in  2015. I was very concerned for their safety, as I'd heard that there were Radio reports of severe flooding, in the North of England (which actually took place). But of course, they were safely at home, in N.W.Kent.

A strange organ the Brain, especially after suffering trauma!!

As Chris Bell advises, I now diligently take my B.P. Medication, 3 in the Morning and 1 in the Evening and write it down, in my Diary.

Very wise words, from Chris.

Regards,

It's definitely strange how perceptions can be so different due to damage.  My grandmother developed Alzheimer's in her eighties and tended to revert to her twenties and thirties in terms of what she thought was happening around her.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather

That rain band on the radar isn't producing. Here in Central London, under the darker blues, it's dry as a bone.

Posted

Up early to have Breakfast with my Wife before she set off for her 12 hour shift and to take my all important B.P. medication. Below is a BBC Video link to MeteoGroups' extended outlook, this Morning with Louise Lear.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/49722466

Even Colette took notice this Morning and commented on how she liked Ms Lear's hair colour. Colette is concerned that her grey roots, are showing through too much :nonono:and going golden/caramel, will cover them up. You've got to grab their attention somehow!! :oldgrin:

So, High Pressure continues to dominate for the next few Days, with long sunny spells and dry, perhaps with some mist/fog, on some rather cool Nights but as this High slips away eastwards, at the end of the Week, we should start to import some more warmth/humidity, from the South. Add to this a bit of moisture and we could see a thundery breakdown in the Weather, by the end of the Weekend. By lots of uncertainty, about the timing of this porential, thundery plume.

Thereafter, the Jet Stream begins to strengthen with attendant Low Pressure, moving towards the U.K. As this happens, Forecast Models are suggesting that the remnants of Hurricane HUMBERTO, could get swept up by the Jet Stream and carried towards the U.K. 

But Louise ended her Forecast by stating, " Models don't handle moisture from ex-Hurricanes/T.Storms, very well" but next Week still looks like being on the rather warm side and rather unsettled, for our Region.

That's my interpretation of MeteoGroup's extended Forecast, for our Region, seen through the eyes and nice hair, of Louise Lear!! :oldgrin: :cc_confused:

Regards,

Tom.    :hi:

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 2

Posted

If we were to see a thundery breakdown, even Brontophobic me would have to admit it's not before time, for the Brontophiles, amongst you out there.

In all the 50+ Years of being interested in Meteorology, I don't think I can remember a less thundery Summer, than the one we've just experienced. Unless I'm mistaken,  I can only remember a few rumbles. No French imports and nothing developing, "in situ".

It's taken a long time for the "penny to drop" but as the last 2 Summers have proved, heat doesn't necessarily equate to thunder!! Without the triggering dynamics, thunder simply won't develop. 

The last 2 Summers has seen Pressure remain relatively high, to our S and S.W., with any thundery plumes pushed further into Continental Europe. Even the North of England/S.E. Scotland, has "out-thundered" S.E.London, this Summer. Very unusual!!

Being a Chionophile, I know how frustrating it can be when Cold/Snow, don't materialise.

I've probably jinxed myself now and well see one of the most thundery Autumns, on record. 

If those Channel Temps. remain high, watch out for a trough of Low Pressure just to our W.S.W and with a decent enough Sea Track, over those still warm Channel waters, those Members who are thunder lovers and reside close to the South Coast, could be in luck over the next couple of Months!! We've seen some very heavy, squally and thundery showers, pecking away at our Southern Coastal Region, during the Autumnal Months over the past few Years.

This is in no way a Forecast, more just a hunch but something to keep an eye on, at least. Anyway, this Autumn can hardly be any less thundery, than this year's preceding Summer. Can it?? 

Regards,

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Just breezed in to say yesterday morning was cloudy,warm and very muggy, with a spot of rain. Almost 17c at 8:30am here. By 4pm it was still cloudy and down to 15c.

This morning was sunny and cool, and I was very cosy in my black teddy jacket. I think I need to buy one in a longer style. They aren't wrong when they say it's like a hug wearing one. 

Such a different day out there today.

Posted

played golf yesterday at Woldingham, in the valley. Grey and overcast throughout the whole game. But warm and extremley muggy. a couple of times the rain/mist fell for all of about a minute and to that it wasnt heavy. Helped me somehow register my best round in ages playing off of 22. Shot under a hunded for first time in about a decade.