Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion - Into Autumn 2019.

Posted
31 minutes ago, JON SNOW said:

Just catching up... I didn't see the Gfs 12z operational earlier but again as I've been saying recently regarding recurring themes, it's showing wintry / arctic potential around mid month, especially for the north with widespread frosts and a chance of snow..yes..October snow / snaw... for our Scottish friends!!!!!!!❄❄❄

12_336_preciptype.thumb.png.f1cc3a64edf2c0db7b74cafb0ac39874.png12_348_ukthickness850.thumb.png.3c91a9f27579032a9018ec1e3a47698e.png12_348_uk2mtmpmin.thumb.png.230a06767eb5c6ea39ecc5435b241cce.png12_360_preciptype.thumb.png.6dc9f378c4365f520ed4ebd3ca47125e.png12_360_uk2mtmp.thumb.png.6dc916646e72f55955879ab47eaaa7bf.png12_372_ukthickness850.thumb.png.52044c2104ae4b3fafadb6182bd97031.png

Hopefully charts like this show up through November December onwards!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
9 minutes ago, jordan smith said:

Hopefully charts like this show up through November December onwards!

Hope charts a lot better than that show up in December, some of the charts have been excellent for September (although still awaiting one to verify) but won't be getting excited about -5c uppers in December, will be looking for -8c and preferably -10c then unless a battleground shows up.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

Hope charts a lot better than that show up in December, some of the charts have been excellent for September (although still awaiting one to verify) but won't be getting excited about -5c uppers in December, will be looking for -8c and preferably -10c then unless a battleground shows up.

You know what I meant.. The sort of pattern that the charts have been showing recently would be potentially very wintry in December January onwards the uppers would generally be a fair bit cooler than what is being shown atm even if the same synoptics happened in mid winter. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW AND FREEZING TEMPS

Still some nice looking charts appearing. Here the GFS 18z around day 9 . Hopefully there still be there in 6 weeks time , just with colder uppers . 

0A0D0EFB-1E94-433D-844E-0DBDBCF17E8F.png

• Like 6

Posted

I've lost track of decent looking synoptic charts in the Autumn months,over the years with HLB and lows tracking much further South than normal,but always too early in the season then Once December onwards comes,it all disappears,till Spring,when the weather decides to goback to HLB again,normally when it's too late,bar the odd occasion like 2018 and ,2010.

You could almost put money on it happening most years!

Edited by SLEETY
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Lets hope the control is in control

gensnh-0-1-240.thumb.png.25bc22cdfbf0e6e5f8605735b2f05239.png

the ens suit,flat lining around the 0 isotherm at this local

graphe3_1000_262_30___.thumb.png.f20915cb3b7e34803635f4f5bc027ea2.png

i feel something is a foot,hopefully a foot of snow soon

Edited by Allseasons-si
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
2 hours ago, SLEETY said:

I've lost track of decent looking synoptic charts in the Autumn months,over the years with HLB and lows tracking much further South than normal,but always too early in the season then Once December onwards comes,it all disappears,till Spring,when the weather decides to goback to HLB again,normally when it's too late,bar the odd occasion like 2018 and ,2010.

You could almost put money on it happening most years!

One thing that the past few years of 'dud' winters have had in common is a blocked autumn beforehand. Looking at the modelling, this year looks to be no different to the past few in this regard.

I'm surprised that after the past few years, people aren't realising that stratospheric winds can pick up substantially in the space of a few days- as they did late November/early December a few years back. 2016 I think it was. The connect with the trop occurred and we got to see none of the cold that was mooted. 

I'm generally happy to follow the guidance of the seasonal models for now in terms of further down the line, regardless of what we're seeing churned out in the shorter range NWP at present.

• Like 5

Posted

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php?mode=2&ech=204

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php?mode=2&ech=6

looking  at the charts  and looking in the alantic its looking very wet   soon  to deep into fantasy  world  , next worry  with so much rain flooding will  be the next worry

• Like 2