Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Davis data Protocol?

Posted

1. I would be very interested to know the data protocol for data being output by an obsolete Davis Weather Wizard III. This is in connection with 2. below.

2. A friends son  is inheriting my old but working Weather Wizard III, but it needs a Davis data logger to send the data to a PC. Ebay prices are prohibitive for this project so am looking for somebody with a redundant logger for sale.

TIA

Les Edgecumbe

Devon, England.

20190830_193047.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Snow and photographically interesting weather

Does it use the same logger as the original Vantage Pro 2?   

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Snow and photographically interesting weather

If it uses the same data logger as the VP2, I have one you can have, when I replaced my 2002 VP2 with a new one in 2015, the old data logger was no longer compatible as the new VP2 had the latest V3.x firmware which wouldn't recognise the original unit.  It's currently "stored" in the old redundant VP2 console.  

I've just had a look on the Davis site and it appears the data logger for the Weather Wizzard III is considerably different to the VP2 unit.  It appears to be an external fairly large box which connects to a socket on the WW3 and then connects to that Davis A.T 9 pin adapter.    The VP2 one is a small 30mmx20mmx10mm approx unit with 20 pin socket on it which fits in the back of the VP2 console.

Posted

Hi Martin, Certainly had my ears pop up then! But as you describe it, it isn't compatible more's the shame. Thank you anyway.. I think the term 'hen's teeth' comes to mind. I shall keep looking though.

thanks for your kind response.

Les Edgecumbe

Newton Abbot.