Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

New weather station. What's best?

Posted

I've had many weather stations before and have never found the temperature sensor to be too accurate as most require it to be in direct sunlight with a 'mini'  screen around it.

I'm thinking of getting a new one, don't want to pay anymore than £150 but also want a UV sensor and for it to connect to the wifi. 

Anyone have any idea on what is the best one to get and if possible the cheapest place to get it from! 

I will be grateful for any advice! 

Thanks!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Sorry ARW, but if as you say, you have had many stations previously, then you should also know that you pay for what you get.  Sub £150 is never going to get you an accurate temp reading in the manner you are implying you want it to.   Like most of us you have to do the best you can with what you can afford.   Now, times your budget by 6 and you can probably get a VP2 with Fars unit.

I've got £200 hundred pounds and would like my new station to be as good as a VP2...  but it aint gonna happen! 

Posted

What I meant was that I wanted a station for around that price and one that was the best station in that price range.

I've seen a few on Amazon and they have amazing reviews but not sure whether to trust it or not ?‍♂️ 

I would love a £600 one but I just do not have the funds atm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

ARW, take a look at the new Ecowitt Range then.  I am about to move from a Davis to one of theirs for a fraction of the cost.  If you send Lucy in support an email she gets back really quickly with price including shipping to uk.  Worth a look...   http://www.ecowitt.com

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I agree with woody. You'll be hard pushed to find anything as good as Ecowitt's product range for the price point. I run one alongside my Davis station and results are pretty darn good.

Posted

I have several sensors located in a Stevenson screen which are all within 0.5 of each other and its always lower than even the vantage pro 2's around here its more about the level of UV protection rather than price in my opinion.