Just now, Raindrops said:

That's a fake stream which is on repeat.

3 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Oh darn, sorry guys.

@Mapantz Thanks ;).

Edited by Raindrops

1 minute ago, Mapantz said:

Can't tell you how much that angers me when sites try to profit off a major disaster with clickbait and fakery 😡

Just now, Onding said:

Can't tell you how much that angers me when sites try to profit off a major disaster with clickbait and fakery 😡

Yes. It's bad. I saw the video was reported to YouTube multiple times, but it's still going.

3 minutes ago, Onding said:

2 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Yes. It's bad. I saw the video was reported to YouTube multiple times, but it's still going.

And me subbing to the channel *rolls eyes* unsub and reporting.

2 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I reported it too, and their associated twitter account but I doubt anything will be done. I have zero faith in social media policing, especially given the founder of Twitter got his own account hacked recently.

Off-topic, so I apologise.

2 minutes ago, Onding said:

I reported it too, and their associated twitter account but I doubt anything will be done. I have zero faith in social media policing, especially given the founder of Twitter got his own account hacked recently.

Off-topic, so I apologise.

Funny thing is I got it from Reed Timmers twitter account, guess I should've read the comments first 😕

22 minutes ago, AderynCoch said:

As steve murr has pointed out, they have the christmas tree up well early, maybe a possibility of this clip being from christmas 2016, typhoon nock-ten

A few signs that he has stopped strengthening as he hits the islands. Maybe even weakening a touch. 

Here is a legit account to follow with recent videos - Dorian really is a beast.

Hope all these people stay safe and harm free.

Edited by Mr Frost

Any Hurricane Dorian footage out there at this stage should perhaps be viewed as suspect unless verified, since 200mph winds and mobile phone masts - or telecommunications in general - dont get along. 

Probably tomorrow the genuine footage will come out - loads of the chaser crowd will be in Florida as per usual as well as The Weather Channel, Accuweather etc

10 minutes ago, snowrye said:

As steve murr has pointed out, they have the christmas tree up well early, maybe a possibility of this clip being from christmas 2016, typhoon nock-ten

Well spotted. There's also the scribbled-out name at the top. Why on earth someone from the Bahamas would be posting fake videos right now is beyond me.

The ones posted above are definitely legit. Even mentions the name Abaco. Harrowing stuff.

Edited by AderynCoch

The eye of #Dorian has made a second landfall at 2 pm EDT (1800 UTC) on Great Abaco Island near Marsh Harbour. Maximum sustained winds were 185 mph at the time. This is tied for the strongest Atlantic hurricane landfall on record with the 1935 Labor Day hurricane.

52 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I'm not a fan of comparing tornado wind speeds with hurricane ones. It's completely different. A tornado's maximum winds are in one spot for less than 30 seconds.

Try saying that to the Greensburg EF5 which took 20 minutes to cross a 20ft Highway 

8 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Try saying that to the Greensburg EF5 which took 20 minutes to cross a 20ft Highway 

I watched that on a storm chasers live feed, unbelievable power and destruction

52 minutes ago, pinball wizard said:

This storm ain't happening, its FAKE NEWS! 

Try telling that to those in the Bahamas.... or those having to forecast this storm.

Just because there is the odd fake youtube video is no reason to make a sweeping statement like this.

Edited by Quicksilver1989

Its seems that a landfall of sorts regards Florida have lowered somewhat as some models have it east then previous runs though of course it can change but I honestly don't think it'd going to happen

Latest EC is very concerning for North Carolina. Has the eye going right over the Outer Banks. I know it's 5 days away but there is still a very real possibility of a US landfall.

Edited by Nick L

5 minutes ago, Skullzrulerz said:

Its seems that a landfall of sorts regards Florida have lowered somewhat as some models have it east then previous runs though of course it can change but I honestly don't think it'd going to happen

The US in general looks very lucky, Dorian looks like passing close to many states in the east coast but no landfall.

21 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Wasn’t that monster at night too? Could not imagine how terrifying the roar must’ve sounded.