Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
3 minutes ago, Raindrops said:

Jeez I actually hate the world right now screwing with this, I'm logging of.

Don't go!!!! Must admit I watched that fake YT thing for about 3 hours before I cottoned on. Why peeps do that is beyond me.

Posted

Pretty much still stationary apart from the odd wobble, but down to 130mph so slowly weakening.

LOCATION...26.9N 78.5W
ABOUT 30 MI...55 KM NNE OF FREEPORT GRAND BAHAMA ISLAND
ABOUT 100 MI...160 KM E OF WEST PALM BEACH FLORIDA
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...130 MPH...215 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...STATIONARY
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...946 MB...27.94 INCHES

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!
Grand Bahama Island still experiencing wind gusts to 155mph! Can’t even begin to imagine what it must be like to be hammered by these ferocious winds for such a long time - duration has been unbelievable and it must be hell on Earth for the people living there.

Juno Beach, Florida webcam link below. Sustained wind of 47mph and a gust to 58mph reported recently. (As per National Hurricane Centre)

https://www.surfline.com/surf-report/juno-pier/5842041f4e65fad6a7708b78

Edited by Mr Frost

Posted

As described on the bbc website, Dorian is spinning so hard without moving anywhere that it’s slowly collapsing in on itself and gradually weakening. The models show a small re strengthening as it finally heads nw but doubtful it can get back to cat 4. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow
6 hours ago, Fiona Robertson said:

The Fort Lauderdale link given is archive footage of Hurricane Irma, not live. Live cam is here  https://www.earthcam.com/usa/florida/lauderdalebythesea/?cam=windjammer

Sorry, can't see the little writing on my mobile, just the icon, cant believe I fell for that!!

Posted

More or less all the models overestimated the westerly track of the hurricane. The ECM was the first to stall it east of Florida (until then most were taking it over the peninsula and some even into the GOM). The slight corrections to the east have continued in the overnight models. Nova Scotia and Newfoundland are still highly likely to get hit by Dorian around the weekend.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather
9 hours ago, Fiona Robertson said:

Don't go!!!! Must admit I watched that fake YT thing for about 3 hours before I cottoned on. Why peeps do that is beyond me.

It's just for views, they will pick something that is currently trending and they will do something stupid along the lines of it.

Anyway, after watching those videos of Dorian devastating the Bahamas, it looks absolutely ridiculous. The wind too and the whistling is just unreal.

Posted

According to the latest update, it is now moving at 1mph. Not much but at least a sign that it is starting to move again. Hopefully the speed will accelerate and the storm will move off the Bahamas.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....
29 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Has anyone heard from or about Josh Morgemann yet ?? Or is he still on the missing list 

Still no news ☹️

Posted

heard some semi reassuring news on twitter in the fact he has not got a Satelite Phone and they are the only things working at present, Jim Edds checked in as he HAS got a Satelite phone, so maybe its still a comms issue

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together
34 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

heard some semi reassuring news on twitter in the fact he has not got a Satelite Phone and they are the only things working at present, Jim Edds checked in as he HAS got a Satelite phone, so maybe its still a comms issue

Hmm although I heard that was unconfirmed on twitter also... fingers and toes crossed. Comms will though be a mess for sure and I doubt anyone will hear anything for a while anyhow yet... ? 

Posted
3 hours ago, Paul Sherman said:

Has anyone heard from or about Josh Morgemann yet ?? Or is he still on the missing list 

I don't know how reliable this is but I am feeling v worried anyway: 

Posted

Was Josh filming for the second series of Hurricane Man? it could be he moved locations upon realizing the destructive force of Dorian and him + team may have moved towards a more sheltered (using the term generously) side of the island.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder
25 minutes ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

Was Josh filming for the second series of Hurricane Man? it could be he moved locations upon realizing the destructive force of Dorian and him + team may have moved towards a more sheltered (using the term generously) side of the island.

Has anyone seen an image of the school he was sheltering at post-hurricane? If not, it's likely there is no Internet coverage there, but if so it may give an idea of how well it stood up to the storm at least 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Dorian seems to be looking very healthy on the radar now - wind field expanding, gaining new energy over warm water and could it be heading for a Cat 3 again soon? 

F759D1D6-D36B-4490-9477-141D144885ED.thumb.png.d9f0b2ab38e3a980bb5f0aeb23053fb8.png