Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

5 hours behind so battered for another 24 hours.

Edited by Had Worse

Posted

A more notable shift east in Dorians track from the 18z icon. 

I guess the early stall of the storm today has saved Florida. Poor Bahamas though...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Glasnevin Latitude: 53°22′49″ N Longitude: 6°15′51″ W Elevation above sea level: 40 m = 131 ft
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, NLC
  • Location: Glasnevin Latitude: 53°22′49″ N Longitude: 6°15′51″ W Elevation above sea level: 40 m = 131 ft
Just now, karyo said:

A more notable shift east in Dorians track from the 18z icon. 

I guess the early stall of the storm today has saved Florida. Poor Bahamas though...

I can't even imagine what those people have and still are going through right now.

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Raindrops said:

I can't even imagine what those people have and still are going through right now.

Indeed! It almost feels unfair that they had to deal with the stalling storm on their own while neighbouring nations escape. 

• Like 1

Posted

Hurricane Dorian NHC

5:00 PM EDT Mon Sep 2
Moving: Stationary
Min pressure: 940 mb
Max sustained: 145 mph

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

Fort Lauderdale now starting to feel Dorians presence nearing...

https://www.earthcam.com/usa/florida/lauderdalebythesea/?cam=windjammer_irma

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!
50 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Great link - cheers Matt! 

From an extreme weather enthusiast point of view...would love to be on that Coast right now!

I would not be doing this though...

Lots of lightning to the South.

29FEA861-2693-435D-A7EF-052AA750E030.thumb.png.f5623719aa8536b4a2efa5a2352a64b3.png

I was in Miami on holiday back in 2006 when Tropical Storm Ernesto arrived - was pretty intense.

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

From an extreme weather enthusiast point of view...would love to be that coast right now!

One problem....you might be arrested as this was stated in the media, but I get you, Reed Timmer point of view .

Ps check his twitter.

Edited by Raindrops
  • Like 1

Posted

Or this 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, matty40s said:

I'm speechless 

Posted

No change, I do wish they would include the diameter of the system, that would be great.

NHC

6:00 PM EDT Mon Sep 2
Min pressure: 940 mb
Max sustained: 145 mph

Edited by Raindrops

Posted
56 minutes ago, matty40s said:

The sea is now moving further inland, I know this is not yet the full storm surge, but the winds are pushing it.

7 hours ago, Htid said:

I've been looking at this one the last couple of mins. 

Latest live from WPTV in West Palm Beach County

Shame about all the adverts - Denys breakfast for $5.99 looks decent though - especially after a hurricane!

Edited by Guest

Posted
3 minutes ago, nwextremeweather said:

Latest live from WPTV in West Palm Beach County

Is it just me or do they look like brothers and sister in the photo shot...anyways thank you...I'm watching this one https://abcnews.go.com/Live

Posted

Ok just read 5 dead in Bahamas, I know this is not the full report and more reports will come in, I would like to see less reports as such but.....mother nature you know, I didn't  see any reports on here of the 7 year old boy who lost his life. These are sad moments . 

• Like 1

Posted

Min pressure: 941 mb

Posted
6 minutes ago, Fiona Robertson said:

The Fort Lauderdale link given is archive footage of Hurricane Irma, not live. Live cam is here  https://www.earthcam.com/usa/florida/lauderdalebythesea/?cam=windjammer

One must ask how do you know this? Nevermind I see it...so sneaky, thank you.

When they say live why can't they not just be live but must lie to us, unfreakinbelievable grrrrr

Edited by Raindrops

Posted
2 minutes ago, Raindrops said:

One must ask how do you know this? Nevermind I see it...so sneaky, thank you.

Well, the first subtle clue was that it was labelled as archive footage, the second was that it was 1 hour long rather than an indefinite live stream, third was that the box selected at the bottom said "Hurricane Irma archive", which led me to hazard a guess that it was Hurricane Irma archive footage, fourthly the wind was blowing directly on shore which is the wrong direction for the current position of Dorian and fifthly, I'm familiar with those webcams cos I spend every hurricane season watching them (can never find 'em until someone links 'em though, cos I'm a technonumpty).

• Like 4

Posted
53 minutes ago, Fiona Robertson said:

Well, the first subtle clue was that it was labelled as archive footage, the second was that it was 1 hour long rather than an indefinite live stream, third was that the box selected at the bottom said "Hurricane Irma archive", which led me to hazard a guess that it was Hurricane Irma archive footage, fourthly the wind was blowing directly on shore which is the wrong direction for the current position of Dorian and fifthly, I'm familiar with those webcams cos I spend every hurricane season watching them (can never find 'em until someone links 'em though, cos I'm a technonumpty).

Ok rub it in why don't you. lol. As if I'm not burning enough from fake YouTube vids to now fake live streams. Darn what has happened to the world of real news, have ppl reached so low to make a profit from those in destress..it's sick, thank you Fiona :).

Edited by Raindrops
  • Like 1

Posted

Anyways

9:00 PM EDT Mon Sep 2
Min pressure: 942 mb
Max sustained: 140 mph

Posted

Jeez I actually hate the world right now screwing with this, I'm logging of.