Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Interestingly the UKMO (secondly only the Euro and mesoscale models in most seasons) stays much further south than the NHC and GFS, actually moves WSW before landfall at 954mb next Tuesday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

I quite like the GFS.....we are landing in Denver and tracking South less than a week from now...unfortunately the southern rivers and Florida are already affected by flooding or unseasonably high rivers, so it could be an interesting road trip!!

Posted
6 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

I wonder if this could track like Katrina... 

Katrina was cat 2 into Florida and more or less stalled before it turned north.

Rita would be a better analogue for this but it’s likely to be much too developed and not have the time over water.

Euro backs the UKMO, 964mb into Palm Beach.

Posted

Sustained winds exceeding 80mph reported in St Thomas. Dorian is going, going, gone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters/Hot summers

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/dorian-strengthens-it-threatens-puerto-rico-could-approach-florida-category-n1047206

saying it could be a category 3 when it hits Florida.

16099C83-B4CD-404D-9A70-5B258C13A045.png

Edited by Bobafet
Add image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!
1 hour ago, Paul Sherman said:

Now Officially of Hurricane Status if someone can change the thread title

It's done.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

The 12z ECM has landfall on Sunday evening around West Palm beach, gusting up to 140mph!  Plenty of time for change but this has potential to be a damaging storm.  As Steve said earlier, the next few days look ripe for strengthening!?

image.thumb.png.0f1175dc4f2813feda0c5acd51ad002d.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters/Hot summers

Some other images from the hurricane app I use “My Hurricane tracker pro” super app!

C0DEE454-F430-41C0-944F-6DE4FF81819D.png

E81D2071-0E05-4E31-B08A-00A818EBD80C.png

E7E47819-658E-4F49-8A09-46E295DAD04D.png

• Like 1

Posted

Dorian is through the Virgin Islands now and looks to have closed its eye.

Now 80mph, 997mb.

State Of Emergency now declared in Florida.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Ice Day said:

The 12z ECM has landfall on Sunday evening around West Palm beach, gusting up to 140mph!  Plenty of time for change but this has potential to be a damaging storm.  As Steve said earlier, the next few days look ripe for strengthening!?

image.thumb.png.0f1175dc4f2813feda0c5acd51ad002d.png

Crikey  wouldn't that be a low end cat 4?   A few days  ago  i didnt think this storm would make it to hurricane status   shows how good the conditions are for strengthening 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Hard to believe that something so beautiful, can be so damaging, I honestly think this will rapidly intensify

Posted
56 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Crikey  wouldn't that be a low end cat 4?   A few days  ago  i didnt think this storm would make it to hurricane status   shows how good the conditions are for strengthening 

Those are gusts, not sustained. 964mb would normally suggest something around the category 3 border.

56 minutes ago, snowrye said:

Hard to believe that something so beautiful, can be so damaging, I honestly think this will rapidly intensify

Dropping about 1mb an hour at the moment, recon have found 993mb.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

HWRF has it making landfall as nearly as Cat 5.  This model can overdo it at times but it is an option on the table which a few days ago really didn't seem likely.

http://imgur.com/BqkD5lG

Posted

I see most models today have shifted away from the entry to the Gulf of Mexico scenario.  This is because the high pressure to the north is not so strong. Also, they show her slowing down and the UKMO still places her east of Florida at 144 hours while yesterday she was over southern Florida at this range.