Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
HighPressure

First Love's - Do we ever get over them?

I mean the 1st real one.

Do you still think of yours? Did you ever try and rekindle that first relationship, and did it work?

Do you know where your first love is, do you follow from a distance or do you look up and wonder where he/she is and how they are doing?

Do you look back and cringe or do you look back with fondness or maybe even both.

Do you still hold a candle for them?

I still think of mine, but never tried to get the relationship to work again, as we were totally different characters after a few different issues in the relationship, took us both a while to work that out!

I know where she is, and occasionally make contact, but that's the full extent of it, trying to both make new lives.

I look back with both fondness and some cringiness, but think that's perfectly normal. No candles involved lol

is there a difference between your first love and your true love?

i spent nearly 4 years with my first love..we lived together etc and talked about getting engaged..i was 20 and she was 18 when we met..she was from Liverpool me from Essex..where is she now ? i have no idea..last saw her was in February 1993..by which time i had met and was going out with my true love who i went on to marry and have 3 wonderful children with.

On 16/08/2019 at 15:54, cheeky_monkey said:

is there a difference between your first love and your true love?

I think so, although they can be the same.

I was 16, she was 15, we lived out of each others pockets for 3 years, we went through everything together, shared a lot of experiences, love and pain. At such a young age, I don't think either had a clue what we doing. She got fed up of me, and I devastated, she came back a year or so later and I was with someone else so wasn't interested at that stage. Not seen her since the early nineties, but did find some very old film of her and me together last month and it bought it all back.

Been married for 30 years, so I guess that is the true love to which you refer, but in truth I never stopped loving my first love either, she still has a peace of my heart, as I am sure I do of hers.

I think we have very strong emotions in our teens, which might be why our experiences then have such a huge impact on us?                

I still think of him occasionally and wonder what he's up to like you would anybody who you used to know. I know he's married and happy so that's cool. Feels like many lifetimes ago.

Never tried to rekindle, wanted out of it a long time before I ended it.

So yeah, I was over it a very long time ago. Sadly I still occasionally suffer the mental effects of how things ended, but hey ho.

I'm glad we didn't stay together, we were very different people and I would have been desperately unhappy.

My first love was over 20 years ago.  Do  ithink of her?  very occasionally   do i wonder what would have been?.  Hell no.  At that time i like most was a different person  it would never have worked   i look back with fondness  but its a lifetime ago  thankfully i now have found my true love   one that is bases on love mutual understanding and lots of laughs   something i would never have got from anyone else.  

I've never had one! 😂

But time heals all wounds as they say plus things rarely go well at the 2nd attempt.

23 hours ago, Ross90 said:

I've never had one! 😂

But time heals all wounds as they say plus things rarely go well at the 2nd attempt.

They say statistically that a rekindled romance has no better or worse chance of succeeding to a new one. Not sure time is a healer but its certainly a duller. 

I do sometimes think about my first victim... Sorry I mean 'my first love'... We split up in the late 1980s... In fact she became a lesbian after going out with me! :blink2:
I do have my suspicions as to where that relationship went wrong. Lol :oldlaugh:
Anyway, I bumped into her back in September 2006(?), and she had lost the urge to kill me, which is/was a bonus! Lol
She seemed to be doing very well for herself, and doing what she wanted, and I hope and wish her all the very best for the future. :oldsmile:

But I do think that when we're young, we have difficulty trying to distinguish between 'First Love' and 'Lust at first sight'.

love or infatuation?... i had many crushes on girls since at least the age of 9... love?... probably the lady im with now, i dont think i was mature enough (emotionally) when i was younger.