Sign in to follow this  
Snipper

Should I become vegan (vegetarian) to save the planet?

Why not become a vegan to help save the planet, it might offset all that meat those who tell us how to live our lives consume, and all them big 6 litre cars they have to take them to the airport to get their chartered flights - But its OK cause the little people are saving plastic bags and eating carrots.

'MUG' is the term that comes to mind.

2 hours ago, HighPressure said:

Why not become a vegan to help save the planet, it might offset all that meat those who tell us how to live our lives consume, and all them big 6 litre cars they have to take them to the airport to get their chartered flights - But its OK cause the little people are saving plastic bags and eating carrots.

'MUG' is the term that comes to mind.

Errr your post doesn't really make any sense. Do you know any vegans or are just having a knee-jerk reaction to a Daily Express article?

The whole point of being vegan is not to eat meat or dairy. I don't know any who go to airports on 6 litre vehicles and I'm not sure why plastic bags are relevant here (especially given how easy reducing plastic bag use is). I don't think the argument over meat eating is simple but at least argue with something that makes sense....

'INCOHERENT' is the term that comes to mind.

45 minutes ago, Quicksilver1989 said:

Errr your post doesn't really make any sense. Do you know any vegans or are just having a knee-jerk reaction to a Daily Express article?

The whole point of being vegan is not to eat meat or dairy. I don't know any who go to airports on 6 litre vehicles and I'm not sure why plastic bags are relevant here (especially given how easy reducing plastic bag use is). I don't think the argument over meat eating is simple but at least argue with something that makes sense....

I think High Pressure meant that those who are telling us what to do drive 6 litre cars and take chartered flights.

Ken Livingstone was the worst example, 'i hate cars', yet big merc drove him everywhere.

7 hours ago, Norrance said:

I think High Pressure meant that those who are telling us what to do drive 6 litre cars and take chartered flights.

OK perhaps I misunderstood . Maybe some celebrities do that whilst telling us to do something about climate change are guilty of it (and undermine their own message) . 

At the end of the day though celebrities make up a tiny portion of the general population, so that shouldn't undermine others advocating it. 

When you get the likes of the Brazilian PM  rejecting aid from the G7  of around 20million   then you realise that going vegan or otherwise will not make a jot of difference    The mind boggles  

Posted (edited)

He knows it's ridiculous to invite in EU water bombing planes when the majority of the fires are controlled burning of crop residue and weedy regrowth on previously cleared land.
Most of the TV reports show exactly that with very little 'rain forest' being burnt.
And NASA data shows the same.
Whenever a green/environment story goes mainstream (like every day now) there's always a lot of fabrication, fake news and spin.

spacer.png

Edited by 4wd

Today's vegan propaganda says you should feed your pets on ground up bugs you guessed it made by a big factory somewhere.
The world will be a much better place when real food and farm animals are banned and you are all reliant on proteinsludge.inc and megabug.corp.
What could possibly go wrong.
May as well dive right in and start phosphate recycling from dissolved bodies, you know it makes sense.

Back to near average temps tomorrow, so the mid week roast(beef) dinner is ON! Sorry😂

Why were cows made to be so tasty?

23 hours ago, Quicksilver1989 said:

Just to come back on this, as others have pointed out my point is not to knock the idea of any individual choosing to be a vegan or vegetarian. My comments were aimed at the thread title "to save the planet" 

No one turning Vegan or Vegetarian is going to save the planet, just like I can't by not using plastic bags. The power lays with those in governments around the world, and they are most often the people making a carbon footprint the size of a small country.

Apologies if you mistook my little dig at those who tell us what to do while they chomp entire herds. I would have posted much the same had this thread of been about not using plastic bags to save the planet.#

If you want to go vegie then do it, but don't make out its going to give us redemption.        

7 minutes ago, HighPressure said:

Just to come back on this, as others have pointed out my point is not to knock the idea of any individual choosing to be a vegan or vegetarian. My comments were aimed at the thread title "to save the planet" 

No one turning Vegan or Vegetarian is going to save the planet, just like I can't by not using plastic bags. The power lays with those in governments around the world, and they are most often the people making a carbon footprint the size of a small country.

Apologies if you mistook my little dig at those who tell us what to do while they chomp entire herds. I would have posted much the same had this thread of been about not using plastic bags to save the planet.#

If you want to go vegie then do it, but don't make out its going to give us redemption.        

Yes I did misunderstand the context of the post so apologies... and there are celebs who don't set the best example in spite of their words.

Posted (edited)

Anyone know how is Greta Thunberg getting back from America?

Floating in a barrel with the aid of the North Atlantic Drift?

Edited by Snipper

19 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Anyone know how is Greta Thunberg getting back from America?

Floating in a barrel with the aid of the North Atlantic Drift?

Lol  apparently she hasn't made her mind up yet     a number of options are in the pipeline   snorkeling  and surfing are two options   however people in her arntarage including the sailor  are flying back  

8 hours ago, weirpig said:

Lol  apparently she hasn't made her mind up yet     a number of options are in the pipeline   snorkeling  and surfing are two options   however people in her arntarage including the sailor  are flying back  

If yes so hypocritical.