Supacell

Storms and Convective discussion - 28th July 2019 onwards

15 minutes ago, John90 said:

It depends where you are on a storm. It's rare you'll get tornadoes on the leading edge of a gust front but if this was the back end of the storm and it looked right on radar, I'd be very interested in that lowering on the right hand side. 

Ah it did look like something was starting to form but I’m not an expert so wasn’t sure. Wonder if anyone has the radar for the time I posted to see if it actually was a tornado trying to form! 

Of course these storms would be around us ahh. Hoping this evening gives us some 

Something interesting developing here 

4 minutes ago, SarahWxm said:

Ah it did look like something was starting to form but I’m not an expert so wasn’t sure. Wonder if anyone has the radar for the time I posted to see if it actually was a tornado trying to form! 

It's mostly likely scud cloud which is non rotating condensation that forms as the gust front pushes warm air above it. It can look spectacular and quote dynamic. Either way it looks like theres some great storm structure today. 

I am hoping that those cells in Lincolnshire develop further.

18 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Hail in Ripon

Impressive on radar at the time. 

IMG_20190730_153649.jpg

Definitely see cells on radar taking left turns and right turns. I'm sure some cells will be rotating amongst all that lot.

6 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Something interesting developing here 

Have you got transport?

if so,i would head up to Fromby by looking at the latest radar,a storm to your NE moving westwards.

Posted (edited)

Small but perfectly formed storm just passed over Bradford. Several forked lightning, some decent thunder, and even a vaguely wall cloudish feature.

Consider me sated 🙂

IMG_0721.JPG

Edited by Stormchick

Best one I could get from the Live Leeds Bradford webcam on YouTube. Pity all the strike was not all visible

CropperCapture[4].jpg

Posted (edited)

Things are looking good up north. My only hope for here is that the storms push back southeast on the western flank of the low as it heads east tonight. However, with reducing CAPE into tonight I think it is fair to say the action is too far north now for me to chase. The centre of the low is producing heavy rain but nothing thundery. Here we are having occasional moderate bursts but sunny spells too.

Convective weather close today with the MDT area. 

Edit: And just as I post, some activity in the south. Maybe... just maybe 🙂

Edited by Supacell

I think the storm shield has come from Lincoln this week just to my luck. Wonder what this evening will bring but most of the heavy storms seems to be east of us 

3 minutes ago, Supacell said:

Things are looking good up north. My only hope for here is that the storms push back southeast on the western flank of the low as it heads east tonight. However, with reducing CAPE into tonight I think it is fair to say the action is too far north now for me to chase. The centre of the low is producing heavy rain but nothing thundery. Here we are having occasional moderate bursts but sunny spells too.

Convective weather close today with the MDT area. 

Edit: And just as I post, some activity in the south. Maybe... just maybe 🙂

I nearly jumped off my seat when i saw sferics in the south🙏

Posted (edited)

Had a Thunderstorm over Dublin about 13:30. I missed it but my daughter was the lucky one again, she couldn't see any CG nor did it show up on blitzortung.org so most likely IC.

Another has developed to my west as I type, it will miss me ha. The day is young.

Edit: blitzortung.org now showing strikes to my west....thunder is deep rumbling.

Edited by Raindrops

In a void of nothingness shower/storm wise here. 

Just now, CreweCold said:

Don't give up yet, ,I wasn't expecting any of this in my area today. This low pressure is a slow mover there is plenty of hope.

Just now, Raindrops said:

Don't give up yet, ,I wasn't expecting any of this in my area today. This low pressure is a slow mover there is plenty of hope.

2 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Raindrops has a point, I wasn't expecting anything and some heavy showers are coming right my way.

Posted (edited)

Sferics west of Swindon,can anyone confirm?

Edited by Allseasons-si

6 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Well we've just had nothing but rain here, not expecting anything else, be a huge surprise if it did happen.

Just heavy showers here in Padstow, got soaked as I headed for the Pasty shop.

I'm afraid someone sneakily packed the storm shield  as is evident that it's doing its work down here and you lot up norf are reaping the rewards.

Low pressure pretty much centred where I am now, some torrential showers already, and looks like heavier to come.