Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 28th July 2019 onwards

Posted

Tornado watch issued in the SE by TORRO. Interestingly they don't actually update their website anymore, but rather their Facebook page.

• Like 1

Posted

The wind and rain suddenly picked up, then the biggest flash of lightning, and an impressive rumble of thunder (just a few minutes ago) where I am. 

Edited by Superstormuk

If you get caught under that squall in London it means business... The rain had pea size Hail init and the lightning is intense!! Hands down most intense squall I've been in and it was at night in October... Damn! 

Car and house alarms going off now although I'm pretty sure that lightning strike has cut the power to someone's house or some.. It was instant flash then bang.. 

• Like 1

Posted

A beast of a storm ongoing over bognor af the moment loving it blue lightning too

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

No electrical activity here, but the squall produced some intense rainfall for a short time (Torrential-extreme on my scale), and strong convective wind gusts.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms/Rain

Nothing here. Phone woke me around 1 saying strikes were close, but heard nothing. Rain however was intense but not for long. 

Posted

Decent rumble that set off car alarms, now that's a decent rumble at 11:15 last night. Distance measurement suggests between 6 & 8 miles from us. Will check radar in a while to try and pin it down. 

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Didn’t hear thunder but was woken up around 11:30 by torrential rain and squally winds 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Wasn't expecting to be in a thunderstorm today and this rain and hail is crazy but just had the loudest shotgun thunder from the closest lightning strike that hit just behind my house, never had it hit on my doorstep before 

Posted

Just had few rumbles of thunder in Kingsbridge. Very sharp burst of rain and wind picked up bit as well, but all over very quickly.

I see TORRO has updated its warning for southern areas today, could be a little surprise or two!

Posted

Distant thunder in Bexhill!! 14th storm this year!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

What a fun week this has been so far, especially yesterday and last night. Started with some real heavy downpours during yesterday Morning with some awesome cloud structures and rotation, looked as though a small funnel was trying to develop but never quite got there. The Afternoon became quiet for a time but still with some great looking cumulus which I could tell even at that point there was really strong shear, it wasn't long before the next wave of showers came in. This wave started around 5pm. I was watching this shower developing and getting stronger and stronger to my South approaching directly overhead. From where I was looking it went visible to no visibility as I could rain had turned torrential getting very close. This shower I got a couple of photos and footage of because it was such a beautiful shower despite no lightning at this point. The winds became very strong and was blowing from directions and I experienced some of the heaviest rain I've seen, including an incredible Rainbow right in front of my eyes. Im pretty confident it was a micro burst.

After this it went quite for a few hours before yet another line of showers which some turned in storms edging closer and closer, North West of the island had a fair few decent strikes but was out of my view. It looked this lot wasn't gonna quite do it for my part, was about to go to bed until I heard a big crack of Thunder, went to look and seen another 3 close strikes 2 CG 1 CC with loud Thunder.

EDIT: Crazy crazy showers here right we just had a proper decent little storm, 5/6 flashed with lots of loud rumbles! Just had some mad Hail too

These photos and videos are from the Evening shower. ( Excuse the talking) 

72697698_1412664592205288_5279112979764215808_n.jpg

73268922_2457874437831488_4058834847378964480_n.jpg

• Like 6

Posted

It just absolutely tipped it down, with small hail thrown in at one stage; I’d say it briefly touched upon Incredible on my scale, but was torrential for the most part.