Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 28th July 2019 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunderstorms and snow

I have just a heavy thundery shower over here in Warminster with out the thunder 

• Like 1

Posted

Had a couple low rumbles of thunder about half hour ago some torrential rain too then it seemed to become stationary just a couple miles north of me 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

Cracking storm and torrential rain near Daventry, the A5 is a river and our workshop has flooded!

Posted

Some amazing clouds north of me looked like cumulus congestus and some cuminloninbus to me. 

Pics taken about 20 mins ago and they deffo were still growing before clouds blocked them. 

Edit: 3rd picture of very dark clouds taken just now

IMG_20191001_144947.jpg

IMG_20191001_145249.jpg

IMG_20191001_152507.jpg

Edited by PurpleLED
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

Nothing here as usual. Perhaps in a couple of hours, but usually if it gets to the stage of pushing the risk forwards each hour it’s usually indicative for a bust for this area.

As I understand it there’s still some heavy rain to come - but I don’t think it will electrify in any organised fashion south of the M4.

Happy to be proved wrong but I’m done with getting excited about slights at the moment as the forecasts are too unpredictable.

Posted

OK was about to get a bit annoyed at the witney stormshield and call it a bust when suddenly thunder resumes in the distance and not long later a fairly loud few. 

Don't want to get my hopes up too much however. 

IMG_20191001_155111.jpg

IMG_20191001_155107.jpg

Edited by PurpleLED
  • Like 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, Robbie Garrett said:

Massive thunderous cell over London, with aircraft still flying through it. Literally.

Had it right overhead here in Surbiton, torrential downpours and thunder crackling through the sky every few minutes for about 10 minutes as the storm passed through. A rumble or two since then, with more as I type, but it's moved fairly rapidly to the east of us now. I felt sorry for those on the school run, really not good for them at all.

Edited by Reefseeker

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms
5 minutes ago, Reefseeker said:

Had it right overhead here in Surbiton, torrential downpours and thunder crackling through the sky every few minutes for about 10 minutes as the storm passed through. A rumble or two since then, with more as I type, but it's moved fairly rapidly to the east of us now. I felt sorry for those on the school run, really not good for them at all.

7 minutes ago, PurpleLED said:

I'd almost say this storm appears to have some rotation but I'm not too sure and can't take a time-lapse 

Yes I saw a bit of rotation, I wonder if Reefseeker saw the same?

Posted
6 minutes ago, Robbie Garrett said:

Yes I saw a bit of rotation, I wonder if Reefseeker saw the same?

I wish! The clouds as they built this afternoon have been ominous but I've been limited in what I can see as I am in my little office with a view of next door's window! I can only confirm those incredible dark cloud pictures posted earlier in the thread from elsewhere. This is the best storm in this location, short-lived as it is, in many, many a month.

EDIT: just went for a look out all of our windows. There are some seriously threatening clouds all around us but I couldn't see any rotation, probably too late but I'll keep an eye out if another one comes through.

Edited by Reefseeker

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Well I guess it's now a bust

Posted

Ok well it’s pivot(ing) or (ed)?

Either way a look at sat 24 shows storm motion (or the translation of the convergence zone) in a SWly direction. Which is very promising

Now the question is if they can keep their energy, and the forecasts suggest they can, but it’s still all to play for

Edited by Flash bang flash bang etc
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, strong winds

Now this is lovely! Had plenty of booms and pretty sure a few hours ago when a storm was to the north I had a positive strike, was nowhere near the cloud and it crackled like hell!

6C5403A2-94D5-4E31-87CD-0969C0B1264A.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted
17 minutes ago, Zak M said:

You hear that @Flash bang flash bang etc 

I heard one just now. Perfect thunder and on the periphery saw the flash. But it’s all dying off. We should have had this earlier.