Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 28th July 2019 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

Well that was absolutely torrential, no thunder mixed in but probably the heaviest rain I have seen for some time. Still going strong but more normal now. Worst lasted about an hour

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
45 minutes ago, Zak M said:

@Flash bang flash bang etc There looks like there was a storm near you, could you see any lightning or hear any thunder?

No looks a lot closer on the map that it actually is. Also there’s a main road outside our flat and we’re kind of in a valley. All died off for now

Posted

Looks like some towers to me, (pic taken in Witney roughly Oxford direction) 

Not sure whether it has sufficient time but the sun is out as well so could have have some surface heating at play. 

Edit: pics were taken at 2x zoom, looked much bigger in person also have definitely grown since the pictures. 

IMG_20190924_141004.jpg

IMG_20190924_141007.jpg

Edited by PurpleLED

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Was in work earlier and around 11:30 ish there was a really bright flash of lightning and then a massive boom of thunder that shook the warehouse,it took everyone by surprise,heard a few more rumbles as the storm passed over,the rain has been relentless too and quiet heavy,i am looking out west now as there is some bright echo's just on the west.

Posted

About 25 minutes ago torrential rain and distant booming thunder didn't see any lightning then the same came out lasted five minutes then a few more this time lightining must been sparked by the sunshine. had a patch of 96mm an hour according to netweather app.

Posted
5 minutes ago, WeatherWatchmanG said:

About 25 minutes ago torrential rain and distant booming thunder didn't see any lightning then the same came out lasted five minutes then a few more this time lightining must been sparked by the sunshine. had a patch of 96mm an hour according to netweather app.

@WeatherWatchmanG,could you please put your location in your profile so we all know where you are reporting from,thanks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

I'm not happy at all. There was lightning when I was at school

Posted

*Sigh*

Going crazy as soon as it hits EA. Meanwhile we’re getting what is probably the last decent shower of the day.

TBH I would rather the sun just came out and stayed out.

Posted

Been watching sky news and BBC news watching them outside one gigantic downpour erupted over Westminster

Edited by NUT

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather
4 minutes ago, NUT said:

Been watching sky news and BBC news watching them outside one gigantic downpour erupted over Westminster

yep certainly stormy at westminster and in more ways than one

Posted

I can see the top of the cloud of the storm in London from here. It looks huge.

Posted

I assume nobody lives in Norfolk, or east London - judging by the reaction to those storms in here  

Edited by Flash bang flash bang etc
  • Like 1

Posted

Since it's sunset soon, I will be hoping for some distant light shows.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, stormy and I don't dislike rain only cold

Taken viewing over Braydon Water in Great Yarmouth. This wasn't me Credit: Simon Luckman.

A bit of a strange one from my perspective, nice cloudscapes. First rain came through and no thunder, an hour later some fairly frequent thunder from a cell north of me. Then the cell that went over us didn't thunder at all during the heavy rain. It passed and then I heard a couple of rumbles. Later when it got dark thinking that it was all over, heard another rumble and then hit by heavy rain. No lightning seen today. 

FB_IMG_1569355111067.jpg

FB_IMG_1569355119495.jpg

Edited by Greeny
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow
2 minutes ago, Greeny said:

Taken viewing over Braydon Water in Great Yarmouth. This wasn't me Credit: Simon Luckman.

A bit of a strange one from my perspective, nice cloudscapes. First rain came through and no thunder, an hour later some fairly frequent thunder from a cell north of me. Then the cell that went over us didn't thunder at all during the heavy rain. It passed and then I heard a couple of rumbles. Later when it got dark thinking that it was all over, heard another rumble and then hit by heavy rain. No lightning seen today. 

FB_IMG_1569355111067.jpg

FB_IMG_1569355119495.jpg

Great pics. Looks supercellular. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, stormy and I don't dislike rain only cold
2 minutes ago, John90 said:

Great pics. Looks supercellular. 

I purposely didn't say anything about it cause I wanted to get at least one natural opinion without prompt. I also agree. I have recorded the radar imagery for that period between 6.45 and 7pm which was when the pics had been taken. Simon has sent all his footage to Torro.

Posted
8 minutes ago, Greeny said:

FB_IMG_1569355111067.jpg

FB_IMG_1569355119495.jpg

Absolutely stunning pics especially the first one,looks meso cyclone to me,but i am no expert.

• Like 1

Posted
18 hours ago, Josh Rubio said:

Any chance of seeing or hearing anything thundery tonight? I see there’s a front approaching from the West.

Keep your eyes out for tomorrow mate. It looks like a decent day tomorrow with many models showing a sign of some thunderstorms in the Midlands and southern England.