Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 28th July 2019 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

Someone was certainly enjoying the torrential Rain currently over Central areas, saw someone casually strolling through it and he looked soaked through, but looked like he didn't have a care in the world lol especially at this time of night. 

I am in some hope about later this afternoon as this front is clearing overnight, and may lead to sunny spells creating a unstable atmosphere, but not getting hope too high.

I can remember a couple of decent August storms, lets hope we can add a another .

Goodnight all.

Edited by Sparkiee storm
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Glasnevin Latitude: 53°22′49″ N Longitude: 6°15′51″ W Elevation above sea level: 40 m = 131 ft
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, NLC
  • Location: Glasnevin Latitude: 53°22′49″ N Longitude: 6°15′51″ W Elevation above sea level: 40 m = 131 ft

I had a storm feeling, so I got out of bed.

Within the past hour or more I've had heavy persistent rain, even my daughter was surprised, rather gusty but nothing dangerous to blow a branch of.

The rain and wind has calmed down for now, I shall stay awake for the second round heading from the South-east of Ireland.

Ps a Thunderstorm seems to of came alive in The Channel. 

Edited by Raindrops

Posted

SHANNON AIRPORT RAINFALL RADAR NOT OPERATIONAL

The Met Éireann rainfall radar at Shannon Airport is currently not operational due to a technical issue, hence the loss of rainfall radar coverage in the south-west of Ireland. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. It is under service and due to resume operation this week pending successful repair works.

We will update this post if any further information becomes available.

No further updates – 8th August

Published 05/08/2019

It's hard trying to figure out the core of the storms, everything is smudged -_- 

Posted

Rain and strong winds as Cold Front moves in, slower than I thought, lightning has subsided a lot over the south east of Ireland, seeing some activity in central Ireland. 

I might be to far north for any Storms *a gust slams window closed as I type* :unsure2:

Posted

I spoke too soon, just had lightning.

Posted

Well that rain was insane, defiantly flash flooding worth. Met Eireann said 25-40mm of rain..no no more like 60mm within 20mins.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

It’s really kicked off recently to my south. Getting closer quickly. Thought lightning was going to die out and it’s recently increased again. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

Just been out with the dog for his early morning walkies, and there is quite an impressive little storm going on around here! ?️:oldgrin:

67D3F60A-CBEC-41B5-943F-393F12A52D77.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

Now that was a good flash of forked lightning, and a DEEP rumble of thunder! :clapping:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Dying off again though. Hopefully it picks up again by the time it reaches here. 

• Like 1

Posted

Yes another lightning from it. Come on keep it together.  

Another one, come on 

Edited by Chris.R
  • Like 2

Posted

Thunder! 

• Like 1

Posted

A new cell to my south now producing lightning, getting closer. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Unfortunately it seems impossible to get overhead thunder these days. It either always goes east or dies off just before reaching our area! 

Posted

This is rather mint little storm. ?️

More or less right overhead for me! :oldgrin::clapping:

3069AF66-C532-4FAE-BE70-2A2C7639F284.png

8F1401ED-1648-48F7-9B46-89332C4EAC68.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

I just heard gunshot thunder in the distance. That will have woken someone up in Wales

Posted

Lightning not quite surviving all the way to me yet but more cells coming so let’s Msee. 

Posted
1 minute ago, Chris.R said:

Lightning not quite surviving all the way to me yet but more cells coming so let’s Msee. 

They're not even surviving up to me. I don't think it's possible unless a storm develops overhead which is very rare. 

Posted
19 minutes ago, SP1986 said:

I just heard gunshot thunder in the distance. That will have woken someone up in Wales

Yep! Woke me up with a start in Wrexham. Lots of thunder and lightning and torrential rain!

Posted

Closest thunder yet then, 3 miles to the south. 

Posted

The  feel of the air has changed. I think the cold front has now passed. Expect that’s it now until the possible surface based stuff later. 

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, SP1986 said:

Yes made me jump,I was sleeping window was shut and double glazing.

Louder than the last storm,this thunderstorm was pretty vicious.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
11 hours ago, TheToastPeople said:

Im still fondly reminiscing the one on the 24th July, was the best display in years! Then the one later the next morning was very loud and struck a house in Shortstown! 

Yes it was a great storm which back built. The one in the morning was very different.

I'm obsessed with storm clouds and noticed that it looked quite stormy and the sky the 'right colour' for thunder, so i got dressed at 6:30am and went out with my phone to film it. So i  was standing there looking and nothing, no lightning, no thunder, feel a bit of rain so headed back in.  

About 5 mins later i headed up stairs and thought i saw a flash and 'boom' then another flash. Dammed storm had been trolling me.Then there was the loud bang and then it went away like it had arrived.

Edited by Dami