IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 28th July 2019 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

And by the way, I’m only halfway through my stay

Edited by zmstorm
  • Like 3

Posted

Heads up for anyone travelling to Newcastle via Ponteland Road through Cowgate and surrounding area-just had an absolute torrential downpour, so there's a LOT of surface water on the road right now so driving is very tricky.  Be careful

Edited by ajt75
  • Like 1

Posted

I'm so bored. The last 14 months bar the plume event last week have been monumentally dull down here. I'm not even joking, I cant remember even seeing a towering cumulus. It's just constant dynamic rainfall or a one-off elevated plume.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

A yellow warning for heavy rain and thunderstorms has been updated to remove some southern areas

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
1 hour ago, WeatherWatchmanG said:

Really hope the weather calms down in two weeks let it rain itself silly and then dry and warn air mid month into September.

I’d rather it the other way around lol. Nice during summer then unsettled in autumn (then again we are long overdue a settled September!).

Off to northern Spain for a week so hoping for some storms at least in the Pyrenees. Without all the low cloud in between!

• Like 1

Posted

Bradford has some decent looking cu at the moment, and there are two very nice looking cells between Bradford and Doncaster. Theres no sign of lightning yet, but they certainly look primed to kick off soon. Is anyone on them? 

Screenshot 2019-07-31 at 12.29.34.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Wow that's something else Gary..

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.
12 minutes ago, Gary0679 said:

A bit late to the party but here are some clips from inside "that beauty" from yesterday...

https://en-gb.facebook.com/BrymorIceCream/videos/2357641991189877/

https://en-gb.facebook.com/thenorthernecho/videos/2389414311102395/

Wowza.. And thats the UK!.. Seems our storms are getting stronger when they do finally hit.

• Like 2

Posted
21 minutes ago, Gary0679 said:

A bit late to the party but here are some clips from inside "that beauty" from yesterday...

https://en-gb.facebook.com/BrymorIceCream/videos/2357641991189877/

https://en-gb.facebook.com/thenorthernecho/videos/2389414311102395/

Cheers Gary. Even more impressive on the inside than the radar.

• Like 1

Posted

Really torrential showers east Manchester/Denton/mottram/Glossop rivers down roads, drains over flowing.... almost as bad as Saturday in places... had a lot of heavy rain overnight and torrential showers yesterday.... all in all can’t wait for this rain to stop....

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy!

Afternoon,  very heavy rain showers around Cleethorpes at the minute plus just heard a long rumble of thunder out in the Humber.

Cheers, Glenn

• Like 2

Gone very dark here as a heavy shower approaches. There were sferics associated with it further north so I hope we get an isolated rumble as it passes over. One can hope!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

There is an intense hail core just developed to my north,going out to witness it from a good viewpoint,back in a bit.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

There is an intense hail core just developed to my north,going out to witness it from a good viewpoint,back in a bit.

Just noticed this on the radar. If it keeps together over the next 10-15 mins I should get a good view of it approaching myself 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
7 hours ago, Azazel said:

I'm so bored. The last 14 months bar the plume event last week have been monumentally dull down here. I'm not even joking, I cant remember even seeing a towering cumulus. It's just constant dynamic rainfall or a one-off elevated plume.

We’ve fallen once again into the rut where the CS gets a look in on almost every convective event but something happens last minute and it either moves away or just doesn’t occur (which has been the case twice now this summer - plume energy overhead ‘sucked’ away by a larger storm over the sea or the continent).

Meanwhile any chances offered for northern areas seem to be on the money nearly every time. It’s not even dramatically hot up there either, so I really don’t know what’s going on other than extreme bad luck - which I’m quite tired of now.

Yes we had ‘an event’ the other week, but to miss out on so many other chances and end up in this tiresome and frustrating lull in spite of record temperatures locally is just a little too much to bother wasting any more time trying to follow.

Wake me up when there’s some real potential on the cards, and agencies are able to forecast it more accurately.

Edited by Flash bang flash bang etc
  • Like 2

Posted
14 minutes ago, Onding said:

Cell will miss here to the east by the looks of it. Nice view though ?

890CB72D-A4D6-4A44-9886-E8CEE44437AA.jpeg

Well you got a better shot than me,all i saw was leaden/dark sky's,the cell died out as it approached from the NW then another one has just developed further NE,hoping on that Lancashire cell now but i don't think it will steer this way.

Edited by Allseasons-si

Posted

Just out of interest,Sunday night/early Monday morning as it stands looks like the next p*******l,ssssssshh!!!

Posted

The new A555 bypass is closed for yet another day near to Stockport, Cheshire and Derbyshire railway lines being impacted by local floods and at least half a meter of standing water in parts around Hazel Grove. Down in the village here there's reports of groundwater seeping out from underneath the roads as there's just nowhere for it to go.

0_SY_MEN_310719mostynJPG.thumb.jpg.e70e0cf81801ba99fd52806351d410a1.jpg

• Like 5