Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 28th July 2019 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

Correct me if I'm wrong but we're past peak heating now and these kind of storms tend to weaken after. Different to the plume type storms of the week past. I'm never normally bothered by your typical low pressure autuminal type storms. Those storms in the north were impressive though. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Thinking of throwing in the towel now. Doesn’t feel right anymore. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow
7 minutes ago, biddie said:

I noticed that. They said storms today for a week till about 8pm. Yesterday said storms from 1pm. Then today from 3pm Symbols changed from 6pm to 9pm am hour ago! To cover themselves.  Meanwhile the north getting hammered

Remember those symbols are model driven. On a day like today showers will show up in slightly different places for each model run and change the symbols depending. It's best not to focus on the symbols and just read the text forecast. 

Edited by John90
  • Like 2

Posted

Huge over-shoot of cloud from the N.England storm,must have been 30 miles away from me when this was taken.

20190730_151605.thumb.jpg.96b948b0595e86c2acdcdaf19fc09136.jpg

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

In the middle of what i can only call a torrential downpour here, but still no thundery activity.

Posted
52 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Meanwhile here it’s just cool cloudy and drizzly. Everything is avoiding me. 

Chris as I drove  around 1.45 pm from dry but cloud building Ainsdale to Birkdale, (and then on to Kew) there was evidence they had just had a very heavy downpour. 

Couple of miles can make all the difference.

Posted

Today gave more rain than last Tuesday night main event of the year.

Did at least have a thundery shower today 8 rumbles heard mostly to the south once left 2 overheardish north,heavy to very heavy showers otherwise but nothing lasting  overlylong.

Lots of low cloud about.

Edited by Snowyowl9
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Glasnevin Latitude: 53°22′49″ N Longitude: 6°15′51″ W Elevation above sea level: 40 m = 131 ft
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, NLC
  • Location: Glasnevin Latitude: 53°22′49″ N Longitude: 6°15′51″ W Elevation above sea level: 40 m = 131 ft

Things have calmed down here now. Was not the best but was unexpected.

See what tomorrow brings.

Posted
6 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Constant thunder west of Darlington rain holding off for now

Crazy, sounds huge. I think the rain will miss us though

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

North Yorkshire must be flooded out..

Screenshot_20190730-174857.thumb.jpg.2562c6ac9e4ed04db33d378cd09cb86d.jpg

Very heavy rain moving into my location now.

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Nothing here all day aside from light rain at 3pm. It must truly be one of the least stormy places in the UK without question. 

Posted
3 hours ago, mountain shadow said:

Anyone inside this beauty?

image.thumb.png.bf753dcc224e9d0e6a08729c870c7767.png

I was driving down the A1 at the time, that had crossed my soon to be path and had a very large distinctive lowering and signs of rotation. I've just logged on and looking at radar as of 2pm there appears to be a hook on that cell that corresponds to the time I observed it. However I did not actually observe any form of funnel, but it sure looked like it had the potential to drop one!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, electric storms

Interesting day here in stockton on tees, seen the towers heard a few rumbles but it has somehow skirted us all day. 

DSC_0288.JPG

• Like 4

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Heard a strange rumbling noise again today between one and two and believe it was thunder. None since then but it's nice to know weak thundery showers can get through the shield.

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Heard a strange rumbling noise again today between one and two and believe it was thunder. None since then but it's nice to know weak thundery showers can get through the shield.

We too had a few rumbles earlier, all the best action further North by the looks of things 

Posted

Torrential rain here at my location for the past 30 min, The lane past my house is like a river and all gutters on house overflowing, Sheep don't give two hoots..

IMG_20190730_184119.thumb.jpg.3dcd3384d86f953c5f038679f5857681.jpg

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 4

Posted

Reports of flooding around these parts  quite severe rainfall   which has caused Dudley bowling alley roof to collapse   people evacuated   no thunder just  constant rain 

Edited by weirpig
  • Like 2

Posted

Bbc have tsken the P. After saying it would Thunder from 12pm to 7pm, hour by hour they keep removing the storm symbol and putting in on later.  It went to 8pm then 9pm. Now changed to 10pm. This was for Hertfordshire. A storm phobics nightmare ! Its the North that copped it!

Edited by biddie