Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 28th July 2019 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Still just cloudy with occasional drizzle here. Nothing came near after all before. Doesn’t feel very good now outside. 

Edited by Chris.R

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Looks to me like the low hasn't quite behaved as modelled. Low centre seems to be slightly S of where it was modelled yesterday.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

There will be some localised flooding with what is coming down at the moment, don't need storms for that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
11 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

Sferics west of Swindon,can anyone confirm?

I seriously doubt there’s anything to get excited about . We ought to hibernate until next season and conserve energy

Posted

BBC Weather suggesting some bright colours in Silverdale from 7pm onwards tonight, hopefully that gives a chance for another band of storms and there's still some activity yet to come

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Glasnevin Latitude: 53°22′49″ N Longitude: 6°15′51″ W Elevation above sea level: 40 m = 131 ft
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, NLC
  • Location: Glasnevin Latitude: 53°22′49″ N Longitude: 6°15′51″ W Elevation above sea level: 40 m = 131 ft

Such a pity the structures are not photogenic due to low lvl cloud hanging around. I can make out an Anvil from the last storm. I can see two more Cells(showers), one heading to my west again the other seems to be on a direct hit, but lets not speak to soon.

As for North UK even South Scotland I wonder if the storms will hold out till sunset or longer, you guys could get some shots :).

For now my daughter and I are in competition to see who can grab the first lightning shot haha, she has the better view .

Edited by Raindrops

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Seen a few cc lightning strikes overhead and loud thunder

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

That’s looking like it’s developing into a bow echo type system now in the north. I completely underestimated potential for today. I’d love to be chasing that right now. Meanwhile, some beefy showers are now coming round towards Cambs and Lincs in the wrap around. Hoping they can build slightly more and tap into some of the diurnal heating we’ve just been having. 

No shortage of heavy showers by the looks of it either through this evening for us. There’s still time for the odd flash! 

Edited by East_England_Stormchaser91
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms
3 minutes ago, TJS1998Tom said:

BBC Weather suggesting some bright colours in Silverdale from 7pm onwards tonight, hopefully that gives a chance for another band of storms and there's still some activity yet to come

Wouldn't get too animated by the BBC's forecasts, had warning's out since 11 o'clock this morning but they just kept pushing them back and reducing the time frame, so had nothing but rain here, but then again you may get lucky.

Posted

@mountain shadow

Looks like it's already starting with showers building up ;) 

Edited by Raindrops

Posted
3 minutes ago, Raindrops said:

@mountain shadow

Looks like it's already starting with showers building up ;) 

I have my eye on the large blob rain over NW England which I think is swirling its way here later.

• Like 1

Posted

Just got in from shopping.....had .torrential rain here and a good few rumbles of thunder.  Raining for well over an hour. Easing now but plenty more dark cloud around. 

Saw some lovely cloud formations as I left home earlier.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Humid & stormy

Pretty much dry here on coast just very windy boring weather, a storm would be nice but don't know about chances here evening ?

Edited by JK1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Just had some intense rain here although short lived,the clouds where very low and swirling about

DSC02549.thumb.JPG.706c541550dd43dd33024c3c66502be5.JPGDSC02550.thumb.JPG.e4a3b8536c789b064f88b5c7f149fc76.JPG

the back end of the cell to my SW

DSC02551.thumb.JPG.0d2cd4c25c5b2c23fdb9c351d86de541.JPG

and now we have clear sky's to aid heating and this building nicely to my SE.

DSC02552.thumb.JPG.673c3f79fe3a7e3d5b9f60928172aae8.JPG

Edited by Allseasons-si
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
1 minute ago, alijoy60 said:

Just got in from shopping.....had .torrential rain here and a good few rumbles of thunder.  Raining for well over an hour. Easing now but plenty more dark cloud around. 

Saw some lovely cloud formations as I left home earlier.

Meanwhile here it’s just cool cloudy and drizzly. Everything is avoiding me. 

Posted
23 minutes ago, DIS1970 said:

There will be some localised flooding with what is coming down at the moment, don't need storms for that.

Yep right by the pivot  constant rain 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

Just have some intense rain here although short lived,the clouds where very low and swirling about

DSC02549.thumb.JPG.706c541550dd43dd33024c3c66502be5.JPGDSC02550.thumb.JPG.e4a3b8536c789b064f88b5c7f149fc76.JPG

the back end of the cell to my SW

DSC02551.thumb.JPG.0d2cd4c25c5b2c23fdb9c351d86de541.JPG

and now we have clear sky's to aid heating and this building nicely to my SE.

DSC02552.thumb.JPG.673c3f79fe3a7e3d5b9f60928172aae8.JPG

T'is a scuddy day, been watching them like a hawk.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
8 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Meanwhile here it’s just cool cloudy and drizzly. Everything is avoiding me. 

Same mate. Cheshire/Merseyside/Manchester is one big storm void right now

Edited by CreweCold
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
3 minutes ago, TJS1998Tom said:

Looks like a lot of the storms on the radar atm seems to be easing down a bit compared to earlier

Until later

i hope.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Allseasons-si said:

Until later

i hope.

Fingers crossed lol, that main one over Northern England is still going pretty well

Posted
4 minutes ago, TJS1998Tom said:

Looks like a lot of the storms on the radar atm seems to be easing down a bit compared to earlier

Yep more or less game over now for us, all the convective thundery stuff is to our north now and the lightning maps sums up perfectly the complete struggle of showers trying to hit us. 

Even the band over us now is having a hard time of fully hitting us, best we can hope for is torrential rain but even that is a struggle. 

Posted
28 minutes ago, DIS1970 said:

Wouldn't get too animated by the BBC's forecasts, had warning's out since 11 o'clock this morning but they just kept pushing them back and reducing the time frame, so had nothing but rain here, but then again you may get lucky.

I noticed that. They said storms today for a week till about 8pm. Yesterday said storms from 1pm. Then today from 12pm Symbols changed from 6pm to 9pm am hour ago! To cover themselves.  Meanwhile the north getting hammered.

Edited by biddie
  • Like 1