Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 28th July 2019 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Still early yet. I expect lightning to start kicking off in the next hour or 2. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Oh yeah! Right back to the radio I go. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

Just spotted this beastie the other side of the Clwydian Range heading northwards towards Prestatyn area. :oldgood:

625C8F94-C19C-4307-8C44-93D265EB51CC.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
2 minutes ago, Dangerous55019 said:

Just spotted this beastie the other side of the Clwydian Range heading northwards towards Prestatyn area. :oldgood:

625C8F94-C19C-4307-8C44-93D265EB51CC.jpeg

I can see that from my window. In fact there's a whole line of cumuloform clouds developing along the range. 

• Like 1

Posted

Heard quite a few strikes on the radio from that cell to my East now. Still very sunny here. 22.1°C. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Northern England/North Wales look to be in the prime spot for whatever occurs. Not optimistic for my location, cooling off now - 18.2c, no sun just total cloud cover, bands of showers look the more likely today.

Posted

Lightning 9 miles to my north-west. 

• Like 1

Posted

First light shower just started. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Thought this might happen, storm threat almost taken away here now by both BBC and the MetOffice, so another chicken-up by that pair, so it is best to just to look out the window and keep tabs on radars, etc.

Posted

Sun back out now

Posted

BBC app just removed all 16 hours of thunder symbols for me. Not that it matters 

• Like 1

Posted
41 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Still early yet. I expect lightning to start kicking off in the next hour or 2. 

Told you haha

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder

I think the lightning will increase dramatically in the next few hours   - lightningmaps.org is showing this increased activity

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DIS1970 said:

Thought this might happen, storm threat almost taken away here now by both BBC and the MetOffice, so another chicken-up by that pair, so it is best to just to look out the window and keep tabs on radars, etc.

There is still a storm warning in place for Wolverhampton. it's just the case of luck really. It's hit or miss. 

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, sjamess90 said:

There is still a storm warning in place for Wolverhampton. it's just the case of luck really. It's hit or miss. 

The warning was out up until midnight, now it is from 2pm until 4pm so that is quite a dramatic reduction in the timescale.

Edited by DIS1970

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

looking at the radar, the Wirral is yet again acting as a storm killer. Ive seen two cells which were developing quite strongly, die completely as soon as they hit the peninsula.

It is, unfortunately an all too frequent occurrence if you like storms. 

I'm on the verge of giving up for storms this year, as I know exactly what will happen today, given my locations history. 

As I've said in the past, conditions have to be *extremely* unstable to deliver any thundery activity here, and this time appears to be no different from most others. 

(if you think that's overly pessimistic, come here and you'll see exactly what I mean  )

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
21 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

BBC app just removed all 16 hours of thunder symbols for me. Not that it matters 

They shows lightning symbols for everything, even when there's none forecast.

• Like 2

Posted

Lightning and thunder overhead  \o/

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

Listening to Gold Manchester on 1458kHZ and there are a lot of sferics! Every few seconds in fact! ?️:oldsmile:

A47910AF-3B54-4B5F-B374-EFBF9AFAEADD.png

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Dangerous55019 said:

Listening to Gold Manchester on 1458kHZ and there are a lot of sferics! Every few seconds in fact! ?️:oldsmile:

A47910AF-3B54-4B5F-B374-EFBF9AFAEADD.png

Yes  quite a show for the North of England at the moment 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair Weather, Snow, Thunderstorms

Lots of very heavy showers this morning but nothing thundery in the south (so far). I’m guessing due to the amount of cloud cover not allowing for ground heating, as opposed to much of the north where it’s been warm and sunny this morning and now storms are developing. Certainly a messy picture on radar! Good luck everyone.