Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
TomSE12

ASHES SERIES COMPETITION

Posted (edited)

image.png.4eac7d5c53fb1864cc16b96d98d138c0.png     Versus   image.png.2e53f799ddb32deacfc0e6199c536c11.png

With the euphoria still ringing around the Country after England's World Cup win (although Ireland's Bowlers caused the England Batsman some embarrassment, yesterday), thought I'd "host" another Cricket Competition.

England will have to have their Batting boots on by the time they face the Aussies at Edgbaston, next Wednesday.

Below, are the dates of the 5 Match Series:

First Test (1–5 August) Edgbaston, Birmingham.

Second Test (14–18 August) Lord's, London.

Third Test (22–26 August) Headingley, Leeds.

Fourth Test (4–8 September) Old Trafford, Manchester.

Fifth Test (12–16 September) The Oval, London.

You will be asked to predict the Result in various Categories.

CATEGORY 1: Outright Series Winner. See Odds below:

ASHES SERIES WINNER

DRAW

6/4🇦🇺AUSTRALIA                13/2           ENGLAND🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿5/6  

Allocated "virtual" Stakes for this Category - £20. 

Please Copy/Paste your prediction into the Box, provided below:

ASHES SERIES RESULT:

CATEGORY 2: Correct Series Score. See Odds below:

CORRECT SCORE IN SERIES

ENGLAND    (3-1)    6/1

ENGLAND    (3-2)  13/2

DRAW          (2-2)    7/1

ENGLAND   (4-1)    8/1

AUSTRALIA  (3-2)  9/1

10/1 BAR THESE

OTHERS ON REQUEST.

Allocated "virtual" Stakes for this Category - £5.

Please Copy/Paste your prediction into the Box, provided below:

ASHES SERIES CORRECT SCORE: 

I will post up the Betting Odds for Category 3 Top Batsman in Series (Most Runs) for BOTH Teams

and Category 4 Top Bowler in Series (Most Wickets) for BOTH Teams, later in the Morning.

Also details for the rest of the Competition.

Regards

Tom.     :hi:  🏏

Edited by TomSE12

Listed below, are the Odds for Categories 3 (TOP BATSMAN) and 4 (TOP BOWLER), for BOTH Teams in the Series.

CATEGORY 3: Top Batsman in Series.

🇦🇺  AUSTRALIA                         🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 ENGLAND

TOP BATSMAN IN SERIES              TOP BATSMAN IN SERIES

(MOST RUNS)                                    (MOST RUNS)

Steve SMITH      2/1                          Joe ROOT           5/2

David WARNER      3/1            Jonny BAIRSTOW           4/1

Usman KHAWAJA      9/2                     Rory BURNS           5/1

Marcus HARRIS      6/1                        Jason ROY           5/1

Cameron BANCROFT      9/1                       Joe DENLY           8/1

10/1 BAR THESE.                             10/1 BAR THESE.

OTHERS ON REQUEST.                 OTHERS ON REQUEST.  

CATEGORY 4: Top Bowler in Series.  

🇦🇺 AUSTRALIA                        🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 ENGLAND      

TOP BOWLER IN SERIES               TOP BOWLER IN SERIES

(MOST WICKETS)                           (MOST WICKETS)

Mitchell STARC       2/1            James ANDERSON        5/2

Pat CUMMINS       5/2                    Stuart BROAD        3/1

Josh HAZLEWOOD      7/2                   Jofra ARCHER        7/2

Peter SIDDLE       4/1                       Mark WOOD        4/1

Nathan LYON       5/1                  Chris WOAKES        5/1

James PATTINSON       7/1                       Ben STOKES       7/1

20/1 BAR THESE.                        16/1 BAR THESE.

OTHERS ON REQUEST.              OTHERS ON REQUEST.

Allocated "virtual" Stakes for the above Categories - £5. 

Please Copy/Paste your prediction into the Boxes, provided below:

CATEGORY 3

TOP BATSMAN (AUSTRALIA):                            TOP BATSMAN (ENGLAND): 

CATEGORY 4

TOP BOWLER (AUSTRALIA):                               TOP BOWLER (ENGLAND):

Your Predictions for Categories 1,2,3 and 4, MUST be posted on this Thread, by 10 AM Thursday 1st August. One hour before the scheduled start of the 1st Ashes Test Match, at Edgbaston.

The rest of the Competition will require you to predict Match Results and Top Batsman/Top Bowler for BOTH Teams, in each of the 5 Test Matches. You will find the dates of these 5 Matches, in the previous Post.

Regards,

Tom.    :hi: 🏏

Posted (edited)

As there has been no response to this Competition Thread, have decided not to "host" a Competition on the Ashes Series. I really thought that England's World Cup win would generate some interest but despite this Thread being open since July 25th, there has been no Entries. Disappointing, as it's this Country's National Summer sport. But "hey ho", the masses have spoken and without any Entries, obviously there's no Competition. It seems to be the same with Football Competitions, I've attempted to "host". Three or so Entries, two of which are myself and my Son (who I invite to enter, as my Guest.)

Taking all that into consideration, I will in future only be "hosting", Horse-Racing, Golf and 1 or 2 other Sports "Fantasy" Competitions (such as the Darts Premier League.) I have built up an entry of a half dozen or so much valued regulars, who enter Horse-Racing and Golf Competitions, on a regular basis. It used to state in the description of the Sports Zone, "Regular Competitions are held". Well, not "blowing my own trumpet" but it only seems to be Yours Truly, doing the "holding". I really don't have the time or energy to keep sending out "courtesy" invitational PM's to Members (which in the main, are unanswered.), asking them to enter. I've enjoyed bringing my 25+ years experience in the Bookmaking Industry to the Sports Zone, which has very much helped me in formulating these Competitions.

Anyway, "Rant" over, along with any Ashes Series Competition.

Regards,

Tom.    :hi:

Edited by TomSE12