Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model output discussion - hot spell beckons but then what?

Paul
Message added by Paul

This thread = Models, models and more models
Please remember that this thread is for discussing the model output only. If you want to chat about the summer weather more generally, please use the Summer chat and moans thread.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold
3 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Something to keep an eye on for Thursday.. UKV suggest showers/thunderstorms moving in to the Southeast. If that comes to fruition and comes in slightly earlier, it may affect max temps.

373462960_viewimage(3).thumb.png.1be55dabbc6a319733a5b06d93776a3f.png 1481499860_viewimage(4).thumb.png.d95a296fb81d49425e9fd7e9dcce127c.png

so cloudy for most Thursday.? For heaven sake ☹

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)
7 minutes ago, Mattwolves said:

According to the op it stays very warm... 

I concur, even into next week..it surpasses my wildest dreams, no cool green snot within sight!!!!!

120_thickuk.thumb.png.8ff46ed9424b2be27caaa3dbe10a45df.png144_thickuk.thumb.png.2385ddb86d6a09ce693cef27e99f15cd.png144_mslp850.thumb.png.138e3b005b8e44dac466c8ed70d448d8.png168_thickuk.thumb.png.7810037d0d53f3bb85926f0c07877b75.png168_mslp850.thumb.png.9c9a3c3359ab303e72fed8f43d35915a.png192_thickuk.thumb.png.fe158d7cc673c0aaa4df43b848633198.png192_mslp850.thumb.png.8707b00b3df86a51a21d4eda4fd2208a.png216_thickuk.thumb.png.3a6051fac8ae6ad3a0e7f907291d72d8.png216_mslp850.thumb.png.a6057b7cebe8af1f3f6b2fe79e3b316c.png

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
Just now, Sweatyman said:

Calm down!

It's only a couple of charts with more possibilities. It doesn't mean that it will happen.

• Like 6

Posted
Just now, Sweatyman said:

I doubt anything will happen until very late in the day, if not overnight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

So after this week, what are the thoughts going forward? The 850`s settling down to what early 20 degC and pleasant for most?

I fly to Cordoba tomorrow and never experienced 40+ degs but in the scheme of things, bit like a chilli, once you get to super hots, they all hurt the same.

ECM0-168.gif

Edited by Stuie W
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
3 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

Not sure where it’s getting those storms from , it has them coming out of northern France . Meteo France have it dry , for that region.

It’s more of a dry line in the afternoon which blows up over eastern England late. Rather than imports per say.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snowy Winters, Hot Thundery Summers
3 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Calm down!

It's only a couple of charts with more possibilities. It doesn't mean that it will happen.

Additionally the charts show total cloud cover and not effective cloud cover, if that is hazy sunshine however then it wouldn't impact temperatures much... hence why the temperatures are still into the 30s quite widely.

Edited by Quicksilver1989
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any kind of extremes. But the more snow the better.
7 minutes ago, kold weather said:

It cools down quite considerable amount to average for the weekend (indeed its a AWFUL weekend for E.A, with 1 inch of rain and temperatures of about 16-19C) but once that eases off and we get back into the weak ridging, things warm up nicely again to between 24-28c, so more than good enough and probably wouldn't be going anywhere fast either.

Decent area of 32C+ on the ECM this run for Thursday, even if the peak heat is a little more stunted.

Yeh I'm a little out with the timing, it's warming up a tad next week..

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, knocker said:

Could you post your very warm charts as this is what I have

sat.thumb.png.8ba96dfbba8f3f2ce09febce4bf40ea6.pngsun.thumb.png.d335a9ac5a0831716ac1a5d82b9eb220.png

I was just going off the uppers from the Ecm op. I stand corrected... Perhaps 20-23 in favoured spots

• Like 3

Posted

Midday Thursday....interesting Skew T chart...could produce storms that restrict temps 

1A0C469C-7442-4F43-9D0F-085DF6B1F4F3.jpeg

Posted
2 minutes ago, Mattwolves said:

I was just going off the uppers from the Ecm op. I stand corrected... Perhaps 20-23 in favoured spots

Probably mid 20's c..warm enough for most and certainly above average..more warm or very warm weather next week too, and humid with a further risk of thunder and showers with sunny spells.

• Like 3

Posted
5 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Probably mid 20's c..warm enough for most and certainly above average..more warm or very warm weather next week too, and humid with a further risk of thunder and showers with sunny spells.

1900052645_maxsat.thumb.png.d02611fae069b371007c4f6b471379a1.pngsun.thumb.png.425978a75c8a61d40fbc5115e8850f78.png

Why I'm bothering with this I've no idea

Edited by knocker
  • Like 5

Posted
7 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

That's what I was thinking Karl... 25c to me comes under very warm and 27+ as hot... Perhaps some of us have different definitions of hot. Out of the showers and in the sunny spells I would have thought it would feel... Well..... Almost spring like....

Edited by Mattwolves
  • Like 3

Posted
Just now, knocker said:

1900052645_maxsat.thumb.png.d02611fae069b371007c4f6b471379a1.png1650734673_maxsun.thumb.png.90735c96ee5412b6c506ac8cc24ef7ea.png

Why I'm bothering with this I've no idea

Yes it shows around 20c knocker! But correct me if I'm wrong, we could add several degrees to those numbers in any sunnier breaks... Obviously with a good deal of cloud and showers... High teens.. 

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Man With Beard said:

I think the white is the sunny stuff here, not the other way round

With the front being modelled further west, I doubt cloud cover will be an issue in the east.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Mattwolves said:

Yes it shows around 20c knocker! But correct me if I'm wrong, we could add several degrees to those numbers in any sunnier breaks... Obviously with a good deal of cloud and showers... High teens.. 

For a start my original comment was a general comment for the whole of the UK and secondly I was merely  quoting what the ecm is indicating.not what may be the case in certain circumstances

Posted
4 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Paul, will there be a  thread for thunderstorm potential, really hoping the warm temps will trigger some classics!!

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/92028-storms-and-convective-discussion-25th-june-2019-onwards/page/47/?tab=comments#comment-4062243

• Like 1

Posted

It's a decent mean.. Things improving next week... And it remains warm, signs of a gradual cooling by the later frames though, but still pleasent. 

EDM1-144.gif

EDM1-168.gif

EDM1-192.gif

EDM1-216.gif

EDM1-240.gif

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Mattwolves said:

That's what I was thinking Karl... 25c to me comes under very warm and 27+ as hot... Perhaps some of us have different definitions of hot. Out of the showers and in the sunny spells I would have thought it would feel... Well..... Almost spring like....

Baffles me are some people seem to assume that this tiny island of ours should expect temps of 30° every summer and heavy snowfall every winter. Reality is as you say 25° is very warm and  27+ is hot for our neck of planetary woods.

• Like 4

Posted

Indeed, decent Ecm 12z ensemble mean, fantastic mean for most of this week!!!!!!!!!!!..at day 10 it looks like a north / south split with lower heights to the NW and the azores ridge nosing in close to the south...enjoy this week though..it's a classic!!!!!

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Like 3

Posted
Just now, Jon Snow said:

Indeed, decent mean, fantastic mean for most of this week!!!!!!!!!!!..at day 10 it looks like a north / south split with lower heights to the NW and the azores ridge nosing in close to the south...enjoy this week though..it's a classic!!!!!

Agreed Karl, perhaps tentative signs of that cooler air spreading SE. But like you say a NW/SE split looks a good call moving forward.... We await plumegate 3...

• Like 3