Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2019 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and hot.

This wet weather is getting beyond the joke now. Seems to rain every day to some extent. 

And mostly every weekend is a washout 

• Like 2

Posted
36 minutes ago, V for Very Cold said:

I feel we're on the edge of something momentous ......just not sure what yet! 

Monumental flooding if this rain keeps up.

Posted
4 minutes ago, Sceptical said:

Monumental flooding if this rain keeps up.

You know, im not even thinking much about winter.I just wanted a stable spell of high pressure during Autumn bringing frost fog etc, im still waiting nearly 10 weeks later.

Disgusting weather just give us a break already.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Amazing regional differences across the UK and Ireland - weather has been glorious here for the last couple of weeks. (West of Scotland - one or two days with rain but nothing major)

Lovely Autumn day here but looks like mid Winter up on the mountains just to my North. 

2329A3D7-4E07-448D-8EE4-293F8E506655.thumb.jpeg.161123f75f022a564cd99cbecd78176c.jpegDAE7688F-494A-4588-8001-FA21614E617D.thumb.jpeg.9a7436a7d7c1c08afc56c99906051c5f.jpeg27DCF288-212E-405D-9101-7748E5250E3B.thumb.jpeg.c07d7b04789b61a43ecb8bc9eae87593.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
31 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

You know, im not even thinking much about winter.I just wanted a stable spell of high pressure during Autumn bringing frost fog etc, im still waiting nearly 10 weeks later.

Disgusting weather just give us a break already.

We had a similar experience back in December 2015. Days of torrential rain caused chaos. I remember getting up at 3am to bail out flood water around my underground fuel tank, this process continued until a mate that owns a construction company arrived with a digger and dug a relief trench.

I suspect the occurrences of UK floods, and their severity, will only increase going forward.

Edited by Sceptical
  • Like 1

Posted
57 minutes ago, knocker said:

But in theory this thread is not about hunting wall to wall snow or arctic plunges in November, or any other time come to that, but simply discussion of the model output, irrespective of people's inclinations.

Quite, but when you have human intervention , ie emotion, you will always see expressions of emotion / frustration/elation ...

One of the reasons i liked the hunt for cold thread previously..

I hoped the mods would restore this but maybe there were problems with it im not sure.

Atleast i have the moan thread i suppose .

Edited by Blessed Weather
Comment within quote box removed.
  • Like 6

Posted
1 hour ago, Catacol said:

I must be the only one then that looks at these chart and walks off satisfied. Anyone hunting wall to wall snow in November needs to read their history.

The pressure differential between Greenland and Scandy on those charts is pretty good for vortex disruption when combined with the Aleutian low in the North Pacific. November is nothing but a setup month - no low ground product in terms of snow is realistic. In addition the pattern is effectively blocked, and people need to realise that a block creates a more meridional flow that promotes warm flows from the south as well as cold flows from the north. The fact that the Scandy anomaly helps pull warm air up over the UK is part of life in this part of the world at this time of the year. The pattern is not one of raging zonality, the strat/trop disconnect remains in place at least for now, and vortex stress looks likely.

Winter doesn’t start for 3 more weeks, and realistically doesn’t really kick in until mid December which is 5 more weeks. If you need to cheer yourself up in the search for snow try reading up about the Feb 18 reversal that led to that beastly spell. The Atlantic preconditions are not dissimilar and while every patten is unique we are certainly in with a chance of a cold outbreak this season. Just don’t expect it in November and don’t expect it to last all winter. 1963 was unique and a year I don’t think we will see repeated for as long as the world continues to warm.

Its not just the hunt for snow its the hunt for something a bit more in the way of dry weather people are getting sick of the flooding across the country that has already took a life and wrecked homes with these endless lows planting themselves over the uk and dropping deluge amounts of rain.

It would be nice to have the uk blocked for a change along with what you mentioned above thats all.

skynews-fishlake-flood-yorkshire_4833995.jpg

_109626181_mediaitem109626180.jpg

Edited by booferking
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Anyone else just fed up now of having a trough plonked over or very close to the UK for about 2 months now? It’s just relentless. The global patterns change, we get the rubbish as usual. Meh.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and hot, sunny summers!

I've had to retreat into the moans thread rather than seriously analyse the shambolic blob of HP to our east....

It's okay though guys, I've fixed it! 

snowgasm.png

• Like 7

Posted
36 minutes ago, weatherguy said:

I've had to retreat into the moans thread rather than seriously analyse the shambolic blob of HP to our east....

It's okay though guys, I've fixed it! 

snowgasm.png

You forgot to add cant see the uk/Ire cause there engulfed in -24 850s for days on end..

wea.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
2 minutes ago, Sceptical said:

Now that's a chart for coldies.

canada-scotland-siberia-all-screwed.jpeg.jpg

Not sure what it means - apart from 3 huge storms somewhere North of the equator??

Posted

Another 5.0mm to add to the totals today, taking us up to 81.4mm for the month and 353.2mm for the Autumn.

Locally the wettest Autumn was 1880 with 359.4mm at a nearby station so its looking likely it's going to be the wettest since at least 1847.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

The Azores high, the Siberian high, the polar vortex, we now have a new quasi permanent feature in meteorological descriptions, THE UK LOW!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
2 hours ago, feb1991blizzard said:

Not sure what it means - apart from 3 huge storms somewhere North of the equator??

It is from the movie The Day After Tomorrow 

• Like 3

Posted
9 hours ago, reef said:

Another 5.0mm to add to the totals today, taking us up to 81.4mm for the month and 353.2mm for the Autumn.

Locally the wettest Autumn was 1880 with 359.4mm at a nearby station so its looking likely it's going to be the wettest since at least 1847.

And I thought my "measly" 231mm for this autumn was alot! Well it is still I know.

Edited by jordan smith

Posted
12 hours ago, booferking said:

You forgot to add cant see the uk/Ire cause there engulfed in -24 850s for days on end..

wea.jpg

Think we will see something close to this chart,sometime this winter,ok ,the early signs are extremely promising.watch this space ...