Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2019 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted

I wonder what the average low for this month will be? At the rate we're going, surely something well above average right?

• Like 1

Posted

Absolutely vile weather again today, and at least another 7 to 10 days of it by the looks of it.

I thought i would have a look at the EC Winter update- it didn't cheer me up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

A couple of reasonable day's here in the NE compared with the persistent rain of last week looks like changing for the weekend as the showers turn back into a deluge 

Posted

I know weather apps aren’t the best but they’re normally a somewhat reliable indicator of what’s happening at the time.

its currently absolutely lashing down. I noticed them being extremely poor about a year ago. Wonder what happened.

EC862CBC-84CC-48E9-9BBF-8797080F5E7E.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
15 hours ago, Azazel said:

I know weather apps aren’t the best but they’re normally a somewhat reliable indicator of what’s happening at the time.

its currently absolutely lashing down. I noticed them being extremely poor about a year ago. Wonder what happened.

EC862CBC-84CC-48E9-9BBF-8797080F5E7E.png

I find the weather app on my phone to be fairly reliable, especially in the short term. Makes depressing viewing for the next week or so, if constant rain isn’t your thing.

71C99487-D2F6-4D7E-9867-242CD43D843F.png

• Like 1

Posted

Does anyone know what Saturday will be like? Specifically in the North West - Liverpool and Manchester areas.

I’ve seen people’s posts regarding the models in the main thread, as they are still uncertain on the low. Could make all the difference from a dry, cloudy day to a full washout. 

Edited by Josh Rubio

Posted
3 minutes ago, Josh Rubio said:

I’ve seen people’s posts regarding the models in the main thread, as they are still uncertain on the low. Could make all the difference from a dry, cloudy day to a full washout. 

You've answered your own question there - it's uncertain at the moment. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Managed to record no rain for the first day in quite a while* 

*It did rain a tiny bit but wasn't measurable

Edited by matt111

Posted

The last day or so was less wet in the London area, but I’m hoping for a period of dry weather soon. Getting fed up with this boring tedious run of rainy days. It really is the pits.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold

Really surprised not to see any warnings on the met office for the huge amount of rainfall expected this weekend in central southern England!

Edited by prolongedSnowLover
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All of it!

On the plus side, it’s done wonders to my newly seeded lawn - Another week or so of rain will be fine and I won’t need any more 

• Like 1

Posted
23 minutes ago, prolongedSnowLover said:

Really surprised not to see any warnings on the met office for the huge amount of rainfall expected this weekend in central southern England!

Probably because there's quite a bit of uncertainty over where the front will be during the weekend.. But I do agree a yellow would suffice.. ?️

Posted
3 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

The last day or so was less wet in the London area, but I’m hoping for a period of dry weather soon. Getting fed up with this boring tedious run of rainy days. It really is the pits.

It's been like that here since May. Horrendous summer and a dreadful early Autumn.

Posted
On ‎09‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 16:06, Beet said:

I wonder what the average low for this month will be? At the rate we're going, surely something well above average right?

The October CET anomaly is actually -0.5'C as of the 9th.

• Like 1

Posted

Essentially, it's currently around 15 degrees, grey, breezy and drizzling/raining on and off. Knock 4 degrees off that temperature and this will be 98 percent of the weather here until April.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!

The brutal parade of dreary days continuing for most of us. 

Would pay good money to have a few days of high pressure in charge. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms frost snow heatwaves
1 hour ago, Number 23 said:

The brutal parade of dreary days continuing for most of us. 

Would pay good money to have a few days of high pressure in charge

I'd say be careful what you wish for as there does now seem to be growing support for the possibility of an anticyclonic spell towards the end of Oct early Nov. That's all very well if it was for example high pressure building down from the north which would bring about something chilly at least.  However this doesn't seem likely as many models are suggesting more of a subtropical high influence which as we know all too well does not bode well for anyone with a preference for seasonal weather. Doubt many on here are seeking an extension to summer 2019 as winter beckons.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

Wet morning then dry at lunchtime but the thick cloud has returned so looks more on the way. As Saturday appears to be dry I'll have to do my washing so I can get it on the line before yet more $%^* rain arrives. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Well the one day dry spell here is well and truly over, that was one day in about 2 weeks. ?️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
On 09/10/2019 at 16:06, Beet said:

October isn't a particularly cold month in the UK though. It's probably on par with April in terms of average overall temperature. I've had 2 air frosts so far this month but sometimes I've had to wait until well into November before the first ones. So far this October hasn't been notably mild by any stretch nor unusually cold. It's been close to or slightly below the seasonal average.

• Like 1

Posted

I have kind of liked this Autumn so far from the high pressure and sunny days we had in mid September, and then the contrast to very unsettled conditions with showers and some heavy rain. It felt more like a classic Autumn progression than the 'lingering nothingness' we can seem to get.

Days like this weekend with its lingering front and dull weather with light/moderate rain are a bit tedious though. Sunshine amounts are a bit low at times and I think some areas further north have done worse with lingering fronts and persistent rain.