Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2019 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).
7 hours ago, Weather-history said:

This poor weather has been only the last few days. It hasn't been too bad for most of the time.

This was the 21st

For me it's disgusting in the way the month with so much promise completely defiled itself in the last 10 days.

Posted

An unbelievable inch of rain has fallen here now, after 120mm in the last week. Must be some serious flooding around, don't think the media were exaggerating when they said there is a real threat to life. 

• Like 1

Posted
18 hours ago, Aleman said:

Not sure if it's on topic for this thread but I thought it would be of general interest.  It's still September so just - WOW!  As of 9pm yesterday Browning had 48 inches and still snowing. Some interesting pics. Seasonal snow records broken and seasonal temperature records expected to go after.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7521531/Historic-winter-storm-dumps-40-INCHES-snow-Montana.html

And I'm moaning due to a couple of cool days and a fair bit of rain! (We're up to around 75mm in the last week now, though I gather that is not much compared to some.)

Incredible, record cold and snow. Haven't seen anything on our TV, wonder why.

Tired of the prolonged cold and wet here, fields are flooding and it's just downright unpleasant unless your behind glass!

Need a long dry period now though can't see it happening.

Temp struggling to hit 9c!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

20 degrees in London today. 9 degrees sounds lovely!!

September was a mild and humid month. We need a pattern change to usher in some cooler temps here.

Edited by Stabilo19
  • Like 3

Posted

June, July, August and September were all abysmal here. 4 truly awful months of unrelenting rain. I've never seen so much rain in my life! Tomorrow's sunshine and dry weather is desperately needed.

• Like 1

Posted
20 minutes ago, Stabilo19 said:

20 degrees in London today. 9 degrees sounds lovely!!

September was a mild and humid month. We need a pattern change to usher in some cooler temps here.

It wasn’t humid. It was a dry and sunny month first half with a cool dry sunny period, warm days and some cooler ones. The wet spell was the last week.

I don’t mind a cold sunny day now, but don’t want 9-15c or wet and windy rubbish. I’ll take a 19-20c day over that anytime.

• Like 1

Posted
36 minutes ago, Airedalejoe said:

Incredible, record cold and snow. Haven't seen anything on our TV, wonder why.

Tired of the prolonged cold and wet here, fields are flooding and it's just downright unpleasant unless your behind glass!

Need a long dry period now though can't see it happening.

Temp struggling to hit 9c!!

I agree, the wet spell has now become very tiresome and tedious. Weeks of warm sunny weather beats this hands down.

I understand the need for water after a dry period, but this is too much to the other extreme.

Posted

Snow and sleet showers have been showing on radar for the tops of the Grampians and HIghlands over the last hour. I wonder if there might be a little snow on the North York Moors tonight.

Edited by Aleman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms
1 hour ago, Aleman said:

Snow and sleet showers have been showing on radar for the tops of the Grampians and HIghlands over the last hour. I wonder if there might be a little snow on the North York Moors tonight.

Upper 850's look too high unfortunately for snow even at the highest point (454m). They need to be around -4c for snow falling above 400m from a convective flow but they look to be around -2/3c at best.

I was doing some maintenance on my weather station which is at 398m on the top of the North York Moors this afternoon and the wind was perishing, the temperature was 7c with 25mph mean NE wind making it feel close to freezing.

I saw snow on the Moors at the end of October last year so probably a few weeks to go before we see any of the white stuff this far south.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

Strange to think 8 years ago today we saw the hottest October day on record.

We got to 24.7c out at Heybrook Bay where I was living at the time. My Facebook memories say Gravesend was up at 29.5c

It was a beautiful day, latest BBQ I've ever had in the year was on that day.

Posted

At 6:44 in this video, that will be my face after this crud finally clears up:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Stunning Autumn weather here the last couple of days - same again tomorrow.

12c today with sunshine galore - chilly night ahead. (0c in many rural areas - about 5c here.)

58CDDE43-D490-48FA-AA7E-30659A45BA89.thumb.png.06ced47c8b1941f4827bbe0658e745bc.png

Lovely post sunset currently - perfect start to October! 

6C6D3A2F-8BAD-4E2C-B4B3-3DF7B4316B64.thumb.jpeg.6da8887406976e56f3381c69019801b4.jpeg

Have a good night everyone! 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Another glorious Autumn day here - wish this weather would last for a few weeks! 

50F25D00-7776-4570-AB5E-534100892867.thumb.jpeg.5e66d3f3a881033f54c971ea5de2b565.jpeg87259946-68A9-47E7-837A-4D1ED3E3F2A8.thumb.jpeg.0c5acc5f8dc674de8a45a1d8438f314f.jpegD8E4BE37-B5C6-4369-A92B-F52C31C0D2BB.thumb.jpeg.05c5ddc0a3e64411ea9b4e76e8b733a8.jpeg

Have a good day everyone!

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

What a fantastic Autumns day,lovely and fresh,not cold though by any means. Blue sky,mellow light,the countryside just looks so much better.  That coupled with the trending towards a proper seasonal Autumn for once,what could be better.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
8 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

Isn't it nice to see some sunshine ☀️

Bit cold though 

Aye, still looking for and wanting warmth on the models certainly for all of Oct, and some of Nov, living here is crap! If I lived 300m+ in Scotland, then I'd be looking for and wanting cold

Always wondered when the earliest date is when proper snow becomes possible? would say for this location around 15th Nov, wet snow Oct holiday week, further north and higher up of course date gets earlier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
10 hours ago, Wynter said:

What a beautiful Autumnal morning. First really chilly morning so far. Bring on the cold! :cold-emoji:

but what are the chances of say, 3 months today being warmer? very high I'd say, an Atlantic gale, rain and cloudy skies at 9 degrees

Posted
2 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

but what are the chances of say, 3 months today being warmer? very high I'd say, an Atlantic gale, rain and cloudy skies at 9 degrees

What's that got to do with my post?

• Like 4

Posted

Taking @Tamara‘s advice regarding preferences over in the MOD thread...with a name like Mr Frost I am going for the following this Winter:

This December will be a repeat of 2010.

AA702230-A1C9-441E-A472-0721CBA9BBA2.thumb.png.622aaf9a79ae3cfc6e59fa28c6ca990d.png

January will be a repeat of 1963.

246AEEA8-CF97-4FEF-B79F-F464B47908CA.thumb.png.097298ada2c1f59f5bd3023fafd798cf.png

And of course February a repeat of 1947.

26A88DE2-CFA5-4B51-AF7D-36F8F8F22B42.thumb.png.67d5037bcfc0764d48a853078ebf33ab.png

The last few days have been fantastic here! Endless sunshine, slight frost this morning and chilly during the day. (The compete opposite of the latest ECM from 144 hours to 240 hours!)

anim_inf2.gif

Have a good night! 

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Think I’ll get the grass cut tomorrow before the dreaded rain returns. Today was gorgeous.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

A chilly 10 degrees at midday in north London. Quite a contrast to recent weather!

Posted
18 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Aye, still looking for and wanting warmth on the models certainly for all of Oct, and some of Nov, living here is crap! If I lived 300m+ in Scotland, then I'd be looking for and wanting cold

Always wondered when the earliest date is when proper snow becomes possible? would say for this location around 15th Nov, wet snow Oct holiday week, further north and higher up of course date gets earlier

Saw 6 inches of snow in Hatfield, Hertordshire at the end of October 2008, so snow is certainly possible up here in October.