Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2019 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 hour ago, Summer Sun said:

The next area of heavy rain and strong winds is nearing Ireland and will move towards England and Wales later today reaching eastern areas by the early hours of tomorrow

download.png

luckily Cheshire Gap streamer missing here, still few showers but horrid day around Stockport area

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

7th consecutive day of rain here. It has absolutely tipped it down over the last 2 hours. 107.8mm has now fallen in those 7 days. One of the wettest weeks I have ever recorded!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

Hi folks i know this is not the winter thread but here is gavsweathervids first seasonal model round up for winter 2019 2020 and for those of who wants a cold winter it does not make a plesent viewing.  I'm not too worried yet though it is still September after all. Here is the link for those of you want to take a look. https://youtu.be/XfBuZvxIr14

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

This set up is perfect for a great Autumn,some interesting weather at last. Proper seasonal fronts crossing quickly,hands down far more to look forward to than the tedium and boring summer fair. Plus a good nights sleep as well!

• Like 4

Posted
50 minutes ago, markyo said:

This set up is perfect for a great Autumn,some interesting weather at last. Proper seasonal fronts crossing quickly,hands down far more to look forward to than the tedium and boring summer fair. Plus a good nights sleep as well!

Surely you cant be serious? The weather this week has been abysmal. 84mm of rain in 8 days and not a single day with any dry, usable weather. There hasn't hardly been any sunshine either. I'm no fan of summer extending well into Autumn but this weather hasn't been of use to anyone.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.
1 hour ago, markyo said:

I agree! Fantastic going forward!

• Like 3

Posted
16 minutes ago, reef said:

Surely you cant be serious? The weather this week has been abysmal. 84mm of rain in 8 days and not a single day with any dry, usable weather. There hasn't hardly been any sunshine either. I'm no fan of summer extending well into Autumn but this weather hasn't been of use to anyone.

Surely its seasonal weather though? Agree those wanting to do outside jobs may disagree but i much prefer this than being stuck inside due to record heat temps we had in summer. Abysmal,no,seasonal yes. Oh and the council woke me up at 6:15am this morning cutting the grass(on a flipping sunday!) so no use to anyone?

• Like 5

Posted
4 minutes ago, markyo said:

Surely its seasonal weather though? Agree those wanting to do outside jobs may disagree but i much prefer this than being stuck inside due to record heat temps we had in summer. Abysmal,no,seasonal yes. Oh and the council woke me up at 6:15am this morning cutting the grass(on a flipping sunday!) so no use to anyone?

I understand the transition from summer to autumn being welcome by some, but to say this past week is what most will be looking forward to is absolute nonsense.

And another thing, can people stop whining about record breaking heat, we haven’t had hot summer weather since the late August bank holiday.

The warm sunny days in early to mid September were accompanied by chilly mornings and evenings, and on some days you could feel the hint of autumn in the air, as the hot and humid air from summer was replaced by a dry cool sunny warmth, you normally get in September or before June.

Ok, so last Saturday was the hottest day in September, but it’s hardly newsworthy, because it only lasted for one day, and the number of very hot days this year could be counted on two hands. 

Lets be a little more rational about it.

Glad I spend last week in Malaga where summer was still very much summer, and I’m not complaining about being back Autumn is here, but I would rather have the clear crisp days over wet and windy. 

• Like 4

Posted
44 minutes ago, reef said:

Everyone has their own preferences, personally I think this weather has been usable mainly for nature I respect some don't like it but I mean after endless high pressure for weeks on end its good to see some interesting weather for once. Anyway moving on i've had 79mm of rain since last Sunday with more for Monday night/Tuesday wouldn't be suprised to see 100mm by the time it's cleared away. ☔

Edited by jordan smith
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

All I can say is that, for many living down here, where it's been a dry few months (especially those who live off the land) the current rainfall is most welcome...For those staying where water has been plentiful, however, yet more rain is far less desirable...? ?‍♂️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

The weather has certainly been more eventful and I do like the torrential downpours that have frequented this week. They’ve been truly tropical in intensity sometimes.

However, any outdoor exercise has come to an abrupt end, the local paths and woods are now all muddy, and just day to day activities require coat, umbrella, less nice clothing etc. 

So overall I’m sure we can agree that most will find this spell of weather rather annoying, even if it is the time of year to expect it. I’m looking forward to midweek when we have a dry interlude, and perhaps the first crisp feeling day.

Posted
30 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

but to say this past week is what most will be looking forward to is absolute nonsense.

Where did i say most? interesting. Just my view that was all. And if whining about sleepless nights offends you then i apologies. Again just my opinion. 

• Like 3

Posted
25 minutes ago, jordan smith said:

Everyone has their own preferences, personally I think this weather has been usable mainly for nature I respect some don't like it but I mean after endless high pressure for weeks on end its good to see some interesting weather for once. Anyway moving on i've had 79mm of rain since last Sunday with more for Monday night/Tuesday wouldn't be suprised to see 100mm by the time it's cleared away. ☔

Well said,fully agree. We have some interest back in the weather at last!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

Thoroughly nasty cold and wet night with same pertaining now.  overnight min. 11.3C, currently 15.9C. Given the weather I won't be going to my leisure centre on my e-bike for swimming, looks like I have to go by taxi.

Posted
25 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

All I can say is that, for many living down here, where it's been a dry few months (especially those who live off the land) the current rainfall is most welcome...For those staying where water has been plentiful, however, yet more rain is far less desirable...? ?‍♂️

Less desirable for most if your in the constant wet zone I agree 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

The rain is stuck across northern England at the moment and very slow moving yet the met office have updated the warning the removed the eastern extent of it?!

download.thumb.png.46067da655bf67efb8b208608d53f302.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

September now a ridiculously wet month here, well over 50% more than average rainfall in addition to the very wet summer months. Can't see this year ending with anything other than substantially above average rain totals unless Oct-Dec are unusually dry.

Edited by Thundershine

Posted

Autumn' coming at us fast now. Conkers all over the roads, crunching over a carpet of crab apples on the village roads, best hawthorn crop for years, sloes & damsons in abundance, a smell of woodsmoke in the air

Can't wait for the cold snap this week, couls ee 0c !!

• Like 5