Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2019 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
10 minutes ago, Sir Mim said:

Nothing fabulous about it.  I am getting sick to the back teeth of this blasted weather.  Roll on next week when we get some proper autumnal weather.

Agree,nothing wonderful at all about this weather for those looking for seasonal stuff.,next week is looking much better. Autumn will have arrived at last,long over due.

Edited by markyo
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
2 hours ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

Supposed to be on the verge of autumn, yet it feels as if we are in the middle of summer again.

Verge of autumn? Autumn started 3 weeks ago. It's very warm but the light levels and sun intensity give away the fact it's latter September.

This should be the last day of mid 20s temperatures we see for a while.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

I didn’t realise it was 25C being sat at a rooftop bar this afternoon, but it was. Largely because the sun wasn’t too strong and it was also blowing a hoolie. So different to 25C in summer. 

Its happened plenty of times before though. 

Posted
11 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Give it to the end of October!  Crazy climate these days

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

It's been an awesome period of weather. 10 straight days of 20°C+ and a lot of warm sunshine. Plenty of people enjoying a pint on the quay!

Posted
2 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

Hello Met Office contingency planners forecasts of a severely warm Autumn.

image.thumb.png.0e7b71a18d6200e9bf4a0585920ae80f.png

Severely warm? Since when have they said that? And let's be honest, the CFS?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
1 minute ago, Mapantz said:

It's been an awesome period of weather. 10 straight days of 20°C+ and a lot of warm sunshine. Plenty of people enjoying a pint on the quay!

Too hot - walked 2 miles last night and was sweating, need it much colder than that.

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Mapantz said:

Severely warm? Since when have they said that? And let's be honest, the CFS?

Well their 30 day forecasts as far back as August were suggesting an average september, so when their contingency planners forecast of a well above Autumn came out, that must suggest a severely warm October and November by definition to offset the september.

Posted
1 minute ago, feb1991blizzard said:

Well their 30 day forecasts as far back as August were suggesting an average september, so when their contingency planners forecast of a well above Autumn came out, that must suggest a severely warm October and November by definition to offset the september.

And that's exactly what it has been.

This implies a greater-than-usual incidence of warm southerly or south-westerly winds across the UK which, along with the warming of climate, contributes to an increase in the chances of above-average temperatures (see figure T2). Note that belowaverage temperatures remain possible, although this outcome is less likely. The relatively high probability of our warmest category does not imply extreme or unseasonal weather throughout the 3-month period.

I see nothing that implies severely warm?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
2 hours ago, CreweCold said:

Verge of autumn? Autumn started 3 weeks ago. It's very warm but the light levels and sun intensity give away the fact it's latter September.

It depends on whether you want to go by the meteorological version or the astronomical version, with the equinox taking place on Monday.
But either way, I am really looking forward to some proper autumnal weather. I like summery weather but I feel as if something more autumnal is way overdue by now.

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

And that's exactly what it has been.

I see nothing that implies severely warm?!

It must be by definition - if september is average then surely they are either forecasting a severly warm Oct and November or contradicting themselves, its like going for a below average CET if the first 10 days are likely to record a +ve anomaly of 3c, you would by definition need a severely cold last 2 thirds to offset it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
5 minutes ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

It depends on whether you want to go by the meteorological version or the astronomical version, with the equinox taking place on Monday.
But either way, I am really looking forward to some proper autumnal weather. I like summery weather but I feel as if something more autumnal is way overdue by now.

Way overdue? Really? September is practically a summer month as far as average temperatures are concerned so god knows why anyone would expect autumnal weather so soon. Do you expect warm spring sunshine as soon as March arrives? 

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

So much utter rubbish being spouted in this thread. We have an average high about 18C in September here, temps of 20-22 are nothing abnormal at any time during a September. Any more so than the high of 13 we had in the first week.

Edited by Thundershine
  • Like 4

Posted

Second 20c this month made 21.1c today with a chilly 7c min last night.

Warmest late September day since 2011.

What sort of winter was that a very icy one if I remember from freezing rain.

Posted

We've already gone past the expected sunshine this month with 9 days to go. The 1981-2010 average here is 145hrs and we're already on 154hrs.

The sunniest on record was 1986 with 202hrs, so we only need to average 5.33hrs per day to the end of the month to reach that.

Its also been very dry, with 7.8mm so far this month and 9.8mm in the last 5 weeks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
3 hours ago, Sir Mim said:

Nothing fabulous about it.  I am getting sick to the back teeth of this blasted weather.  Roll on next week when we get some proper autumnal weather.

I was beginning to think I was alone on feeling this way.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

No you’re not alone! I’m gagging for a decent autumn and winter. Of course the sun has been lovely but the ground is dry as a bone. Desperate to get my boots n waterproof coat on! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
41 minutes ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

I was beginning to think I was alone on feeling this way.

eh? I thought I was the only one that wants it warm and dry, and wants no rain, no cold and an Indian Summer for next 6 weeks or so

can already feel it warming up, so that's a good sign, no more awful 3 degrees at 7am tomorrow, more like 15 degrees

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

22c at 10 o’clock in the evening, feels like a hot July night... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

A glorious day, min temp last night 10.8C min so not as cold as the previous night.  Didn't get the promised 23-25C but around 19C like yesterday. Sunbathing in my garden but that is very sheltered as I suspect without it I'd have been cold.  Looking at the outlook, I suspect today is the last summery day for the next seven months - and I do detest the lousy British winter.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

The met office have issued an early warning for heavy rain on Tuesday in parts of the south

00:00 Tue 24 to 15:00 Tue 24

Heavy rain is likely to bring disruption to travel, particularly during Tuesday morning.

What to expect

• Bus and train services probably affected with journey times taking longer
  • Spray and flooding on roads probably making journey times longer
  • Flooding of a few homes and businesses is likely

Spells of rain and heavy showers are expected to affect southern parts of England and Wales during Tuesday. The heaviest rainfall is likely to be during the morning. Around 20 to 40 mm of rain is expected to fall quite widely, with the potential for up to 70 mm in a few locations. Much of the rain will fall in a relatively short space of time, typically less than 6 hours. The location of the very heaviest rainfall is currently still somewhat uncertain.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/warnings-and-advice/uk-warnings?WT.mc_id=Twitter_Weatherdesk_Enquiries#?date=2019-09-24&id=975225cb-8adc-4ff4-ae6f-59e14b85e109&details