Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2019 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
52 minutes ago, markyo said:

Totally agree...we are in Autumn though,can't see this year a warm October far from it.

To be fair, you've posted a similar thing at the beginning of the past few months, and it has turned out the opposite.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

It's going to be the mildest winter on record.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
14 minutes ago, Thundershine said:

It's going to be the mildest winter on record.

maybe not, but certainly above average temps, wetter than average, maybe a few all time 'date' records going, like last Feb, when some places reached 20 degrees, was a good thing though as it was dry

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Kinlochewe in the Northwest Highlands has recorded the highest temperature in the UK today with 25.3c

Tulloch Bridge recorded the UKs lowest temperature with -0.1C

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Summer Sun said:

Kinlochewe in the Northwest Highlands has recorded the highest temperature in the UK today with 25.3c

Tulloch Bridge recorded the UKs lowest temperature with -0.1C

more of a setup associated with May, getting warmer though, no more 0 nights

Posted
Just now, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

more of a setup associated with May, getting warmer though, no more 0 nights

Glorious today warm but no daft humidity don't get much better than today for the time of year

Posted
7 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Glorious today warm but no daft humidity don't get much better than today for the time of year

it's okay but freezing cold at 7am or so, from Sunday it should feel a lot warmer, maybe no need for jacket etc

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, prolongedSnowLover said:

Come to daddy!

4844AA43-25E9-4823-969B-390AF8D55C68.png

no thanks! certainly not in Windsor! if I lived oop norf at 300m plus, then yes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
1 hour ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

it's okay but freezing cold at 7am or so, from Sunday it should feel a lot warmer, maybe no need for jacket etc

Similar diurnal ranges to May, just without the sun strength and later sunrises.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

Cloudless sky all day after a chilly night.  Managed to catch some rays in the back garden however if I didn't have the shelter of a high wood panel fence it'd have been a little chilly.

Edited by Wildswimmer Pete
missed out a word

Posted
51 minutes ago, Wildswimmer Pete said:

Cloudless sky all day after a chilly night.  Managed to catch some rays in the back garden however if I didn't have the shelter of a high wood panel fence it'd have been a little chilly.

There’s a definite feeling of autumn in the air, compared to 3-4 weeks ago, when the sun still felt summery. 

Don’t get me wrong, the sunshine was warm this week, but the chilly nights and mornings, have now become a regular feature, and humid nights of July and August are now behind us until next May, apart from tomorrow’s one day hot day, where the night temp might go back up.

The days have started to become cooler, despite the warmth from the sun, it’s now feeling cold in shaded spots and the sun is much weaker, also feels cool when cloud is covering the sun.

Summer 2019 is definitely behind us now.

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, Mapantz said:

To be fair, you've posted a similar thing at the beginning of the past few months, and it has turned out the opposite.

You don't seem to produce any forecasts? On another site are they? Some find it all so easy to knock others....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
2 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

You don't seem to produce any forecasts? On another site are they? Some find it all so easy to knock others....

Now now, I wouldn’t call markyo’s post a forecast..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
11 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Saying 'I can't see <insert weather type here> in October' is hardly a forecast, is it?

Just to add; I use WXSIM which uses my own weather data to produce forecasts several times a day, out to 9 days. So, technically, I do produce forecasts, albeit for my locale. 

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 2

Posted

Yellow warnings for heavy rain issued

18:00 Today to 21:00Tomorrow

Heavy showers and thunderstorms are expected on Saturday evening, perhaps merging into longer spells of rain on Sunday.

What to expect

• Flooding of a few homes and businesses is likely
  • Bus and train services probably affected with journey times taking longer
  • Spray and flooding on roads probably making journey times longer
  • Interruption to power supplies due to lightning is possible

Heavy showers and thunderstorms are expected to move north to affect Northern Ireland later on Saturday and into Saturday night. While many places are likely to stay dry, there is a risk of 30-40 mm in a few hours which may lead to localised flooding and travel disruption. Strong, gusty winds are also likely at first. During Sunday, the showers are likely to merge into a longer period of rain. This perhaps heaviest over the south and west of Northern Ireland, with the potential for a further 30-40 mm in 3-6 hours in a few places.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/warnings-and-advice/uk-warnings#?date=2019-09-22&id=b1cad828-415c-4f2d-b515-bdd2c2ee1848&details

00:15 Tomorrow to 20:00 Tomorrow

Although some places will stay dry, heavy rain may cause some localised flooding and travel disruption.

What to expect

• Flooding of a few homes and businesses is likely
  • Bus and train services probably affected with journey times taking longer
  • Spray and flooding on roads probably making journey times longer
  • Some interruption to power supplies may occur due to lightning

Scattered thundery showers will move north across parts of England and Wales at times overnight, whilst areas of heavy rain will probably move northwards during Sunday. Although some places may stay dry, 30-40 mm could fall in 3-6 hours in a few spots. The rain will clear away northeastwards during the afternoon, but will be followed by heavy showers or thunderstorms in southwest England and perhaps Wales, which could give a further 20-30 mm in 1-2 hours.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/warnings-and-advice/uk-warnings#?date=2019-09-22&id=2b62e831-8fb6-42a0-8cad-3965b6d1ed4a&details

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
13 hours ago, Wildswimmer Pete said:

Hope you can enjoy a few more rays before the onset of what must be a difficult 2 seasons for you. i know the feeling very well,it is very hard to handle some days. For me though with reverse SAD it is the best time of year,but that doesn't detract from how bad it is for yourself in any way,hope you can enjoy what's left of any heat.

• Like 1

Posted
16 hours ago, Mapantz said:

We shall see won't we....good job i posted in a thread entitled moans,ramps and chats,heaven forbid i would post on the actual Forecast thread,that would never do would it!

• Like 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I would be shocked if you didn't. After all, it is your permanent residence. 

I agree,i enjoy a good moan about the weather.....you may have noticed

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Supposed to be on the verge of autumn, yet it feels as if we are in the middle of summer again.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 1

Hi everyone, long time watcher but first time poster. I love the weather and enjoy the discussions on here. I usually do not have any information to add on here and I do not know much about weather forecasting. 

Just interested, what are the main forecasts predicting for the upcoming winter?

I have friends that work at a science institution that I can't name (it is not the metoffice or bbc or any other weather group). But they have a world leading, very highly qualified team, that use latest technology and techniques to predict the weather which they need to be able to do to a very high accuracy.

They have been correct for the last few summer and winters and have a solid track record. 

They are going for a colder than average winter this year for the UK. 

Not sure how cold or snowy they are forecasting and  what signals they are picking up on and I will revert back when I get more information. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - cold, summer - not hot
4 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

A fabulous end to summer before the equinox on Monday

Another day of unbroken sunshine no breeze and into the high teens

☀️

Nothing fabulous about it.  I am getting sick to the back teeth of this blasted weather.  Roll on next week when we get some proper autumnal weather.

• Like 2