Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2019 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

Driving to a meeting yesterday and saw literally thousands of geese flying south ...in hundreds of different formations...i never seen so many birds in the sky at one time..usually they fly south in small groups over a period of days..yesterday seemed like they all decided to head south all at the same time

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
38 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

Tide beginning to turn in our favour now.

image.thumb.png.db9ea11a715dc852f2fda8173da9fba6.png

Doctoring ensemble graphs is just going to confuse new and some existing members.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
14 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Doctoring ensemble graphs is just going to confuse new and some existing members.

Very Sorry.

Posted
34 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

Driving to a meeting yesterday and saw literally thousands of geese flying south ...in hundreds of different formations...i never seen so many birds in the sky at one time..usually they fly south in small groups over a period of days..yesterday seemed like they all decided to head south all at the same time

Day after tomorrow

Posted
56 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

Trying to fly south before the next  Air Traffic controllers strike grounds all flights!

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Some interesting stationary waves at around 3:05 - is that what you meant?  I have often been intrigued by those, how the clouds seem to be moving and yet staying still at the same time.  They were quite common when I was living up in Tyne and Wear, but less common down here in Devon.

Edited by Thundery wintry showers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

@Weather-history I am loving those time-lapse videos.

Not sure if the videos display the same cloud formation as what I seen below but could well be.

I had an interesting sky on Saturday - cloud formation was confirmed as Asperitas clouds.

Described as rippling ocean waves in the sky - especially if you look at the pictures upside down! 

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/learn-about/weather/types-of-weather/clouds/other-clouds/asperitas

9C7A12BA-D222-4EFF-AB3C-C1FA8A36AB94.thumb.jpeg.29e452c903221b0a02e8a575f14f77b0.jpeg7BD8CACD-5B4D-4026-9E91-3E8731725762.thumb.jpeg.86341b9947e92ce724763aa6b5ab777e.jpeg

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

I have to commend this month. On Sunday my usual walk for coffee and the paper was met with a chill and Autumn colours on trees. This morning was the first time this season that I awoke to mist and my breath condensing outside along with the proper chill (and this is near central Leeds).

Autumn is well and truly here (some of the GFS charts for end of month might get me out of bed early enough for an actually cold dawn walk).

Posted

We've had condensing breath 3 or 4 day mornings now and we're not out early. It's been very chilly in the Vale of York for 6 of the last 7 nights.

https://www.ogimet.com/cgi-bin/gsynres?lang=en&ind=03265&ano=2019&mes=9&day=19&hora=16&min=0&ndays=30

I found this which seems nearly appropriate to the current weather and season. It seems media are bandying misinformation about again. I always wondered what an Indian Summer was. Did people know you can't have one without a frost first ... and that you arguably can't have one outside North America if it includes native Americans turning up and blowing smoke at you from their fires and peace pipes !?

https://www.weather.gov/dtx/indiansummer

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
4 hours ago, summer blizzard said:

I have to commend this month. On Sunday my usual walk for coffee and the paper was met with a chill and Autumn colours on trees. This morning was the first time this season that I awoke to mist and my breath condensing outside along with the proper chill (and this is near central Leeds).

Autumn is well and truly here (some of the GFS charts for end of month might get me out of bed early enough for an actually cold dawn walk).

Doesn’t feel like autumn today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
18 minutes ago, cheese said:

next week should even less so, could be 12 degrees higher at say 7am, than last few days

Posted
44 minutes ago, cheese said:

The early morning did, granted the afternoon was too warm.

Like a spring day actually.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
30 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

these last few days here anyway, very much like late Feb, cold mornings, warm sunny days

Late February? Can't remember it feeling as warm as it did this afternoon in late February. March it has like in 2012.

Edited by Frost HoIIow
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

1 hour ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Late February? Can't remember it feeling as warm as it did this afternoon in late February. March it has like in 2012.

yes, some places reached 20 degrees, was sunny too, perhaps not oop norf though

gfs-2019022612-0-6.pnggfs-2019022112-0-6.png

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

Sunny day after a cold night (6.9C).  Felt very warm under the sun but air temp only 19C. Needed the heating on for an hour this morning when I got up.  Suppose it'll be the same tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

It’s been a week of autumn in the morning and summer in the afternoon here, quickly becoming autumn again in the evening. Can’t conplain. The colours are also beginning to show their hand.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
15 hours ago, Frost HoIIow said:

It did indoors.

• Like 1