Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2019 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

24.5°C here today. It has been awesome! The flowers have been going through a second phase of flowering, it felt like the back end of Spring. Most welcome!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Horrible evening here Light Drizzle street Lights are now on its that Gloomy

C.S

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Started off with mist this morning following an overnight low of 7.0°C.. it quickly cleared around 8:30am when I got up to let the rabbit out! Sunny skies all day with cirrus / high cloud at times... a very respectable 25.5°C

Clear skies tonight and down to 16.1°C however looking like a cloudy day tomorrow with cloud moving in overnight, although not particularly cool, forecast looking like the 20 degree mark. After that, looks like our spell of fine, sunny and warm weather will continue throughout the week, and perhaps even warmer again next weekend if ECM is on the money.

Up to yesterday (14th)... the rolling mean for September here was 14.7°C. Could have been a bit higher but we have had some cooler nights.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

enjoying the best weather all year...sun blessed skies temps around 20-22c and cool nights this weekend just gone..forecast for this to continue for the next 10 days...this is why Sept is my fav month of the year in Canada

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms frost snow heatwaves

At long last there seems to be a growing consensus of a potentially dramatic pattern change in our weather from Saturday on. A resurgent Atlantic isn't something we've witnessed for a very long time.?️⛈️☔:yahoo:

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

I've quite enjoyed the last few days of blue skies and warmth (well today was cloudy but still warm) but I don't really want it to last too much longer as I wouldn't mind a bit more action now. As long as any change doesn't end up being cool and cloudy with little happening. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

IMO, this spell makes up for the poor days throughout summer proper (notably June this year...) as with most nice spells in September. After this I wouldn’t mind a transition to stormy, wet and windy as that’s my favourite autumn weather, but of course we still have another month and a half for something warm again. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
1 hour ago, Newberryone said:

At long last there seems to be a growing consensus of a potentially dramatic pattern change in our weather from Saturday on

Well yes somewhat of a pattern change but dramatic?...not something we haven't experienced before this summer, and going by the ECM back to the Atlantic sometime next week though again looks like low pressure systems will be largely well to the north of the UK and probably a spell of breezy Tm/Pm air with the warmest conditions to the south (again something we've had before) so in general other than some brief pattern changes it's still similar to what we have experienced for the last month and a half.

Edited by Froze were the Days

Posted

Stunning Autumnal day: 5c and paddocks were full of mist at 6am, dry, sunny and clear for the rest of the day, followed by a drop-off this evening and another cold night (4-5c) .....Perfect.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

I love these cool mornings. Get up at 07h30 to take Mylo for a nice cool walk - I'm on sick leave for a week with a merdy virus so able to appreciate it all - then 34c for the afternoon and we hide inside and/or go to the stream (what's left of it as no rain here for weeks) or use the watering can!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms
12 minutes ago, Turnedoutniceagain said:

Stunning Autumnal day: 5c and paddocks were full of mist at 6am, dry, sunny and clear for the rest of the day, followed by a drop-off this evening and another cold night (4-5c) .....Perfect.

Your dog photo is ACE...

Posted

The weather has been glorious up here apart from Sunday but the warmth is getting more limited to a few of hours in the afternoon. It's getting dry again and that seems to be allowing bigger temperature swings. We're not even getting much dew in the morning. 4 of the last 5 nights have seen temperatures of 6.0C or under at Topcliffe. It's pretty chilly at dawn and dusk and cool in shadows or under the odd cloud through the day. The grass growth has slowed and it seems to have speeded up fruit ripening and seen off the bees, (plagues of ) wasps and bugs. I'm seeing trees yellowing and lots of leaves down early though a few trees look a bit diseased, esp the rusty horsechestnuts. I've seen a few dandelions sprout up, though!

https://www.ogimet.com/cgi-bin/gsynres?lang=en&ind=03265&ano=2019&mes=9&day=17&hora=9&min=0&ndays=30

Snows look to be coming in thick and early for Siberia, Alaska and northernmost Canada. (An early bit for Idaho and Wyoming Rocky Mountains, too.) Could the very warm sea temperatures in the North Pacific and Arctic on that side bury them in thick early snow this autumn?

https://climatereanalyzer.org/wx/DailySummary/#seaice-snowc-topo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms frost snow heatwaves
22 hours ago, Froze were the Days said:

Well yes somewhat of a pattern change but dramatic?...not something we haven't experienced before this summer, and going by the ECM back to the Atlantic sometime next week though again looks like low pressure systems will be largely well to the north of the UK and probably a spell of breezy Tm/Pm air with the warmest conditions to the south (again something we've had before) so in general other than some brief pattern changes it's still similar to what we have experienced for the last month and a half.

Having seen the latest output from the 12z Ecm I think my use of the word "dramatic" in the past 24 hours or so may just have been overstating it. Things not looking quite so turbulent now with as you say low pressure systems eventually being pushed further north owing yet again to a general pressure rise to our southwest. The same swathe of high pressure that nearly 9 times out of 10 seems to take up residence each and every winter leading to another season of our discontent. Sods law!!  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
4 hours ago, feb1991blizzard said:

image.thumb.png.eef0f5271f71563798df177516f7b905.png

The more you look at that chart, the more you marvel at it. UK perfectly placed for major CAA into troughing for once.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
7 hours ago, CreweCold said:

The more you look at that chart, the more you marvel at it. UK perfectly placed for major CAA into troughing for once.

Yes, not just cold but exceptionally snowy, very impressive the way only a wave 1 pattern was maintained and in just the right place for so long, can you guess where its from though?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

I'm ready

uksnowrisk.thumb.png.52a307c8242107751d033e8a3129a3bb.png

• Like 2