Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2019 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
27 minutes ago, prolongedSnowLover said:

It can’t be that hard to be the coldest winter since 2012-13 given how rubbish the past 6 have been barring the beast from the east episode!

Exactly...they don't mention that the last six winters have generally been mild or very mild, only 2017/18 and 2014/15 nearer to normal

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters/Hot summers

Not sure where to put this? Seems as good as place as any, a really interesting article on NASA website about the solar minimum. Would be interested in people’s thoughts and@BLAST FROM THE PAST.

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/ames/solar-activity-forecast-for-next-decade-favorable-for-exploration

Edited by Bobafet
Helpful if a put link in!
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Ex-hurricane Dorian passing to the north of the UK today with a gusty wind for most in the north and west with top gusts currently around 60mph

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
1 minute ago, CreweCold said:

The September GLOSEA update is about as grim as you can get for winter. Think 88/89.

Lets hope by the time Gavin does his end of month round up, its on its own.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
Just now, feb1991blizzard said:

Lets hope by the time Gavin does his end of month round up, its on its own.

Let's hope so. It's probably the worst outlook I've ever seen it churn out in all honesty. Big HP anomaly anchored across Central Europe and low height anomaly locked in to our N.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Well next week things are set to turn much cooler across parts of Russia & into the far north of China too. Nothing exciting yet for them but the descent into Autumn becoming more entrenched over there. Temps struggling to get out of single figures by day with morning air frosts.

Screenshot_20190911-190914.thumb.png.bf1e409071dd64a4ec8617ceec5b238c.pngScreenshot_20190911-190935.thumb.png.a2d0458d0c968450ee578d8fea225b5e.pngScreenshot_20190911-191002.thumb.png.d9ed5b3974a9393071b63e51eddf36bc.png

Won't be long until Mohe in China will be like this. 

Maybe even heavy snow in October. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
20 hours ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Well next week things are set to turn much cooler across parts of Russia & into the far north of China too. Nothing exciting yet for them but the descent into Autumn becoming more entrenched over there. Temps struggling to get out of single figures by day with morning air frosts.

Screenshot_20190911-190914.thumb.png.bf1e409071dd64a4ec8617ceec5b238c.pngScreenshot_20190911-190935.thumb.png.a2d0458d0c968450ee578d8fea225b5e.pngScreenshot_20190911-191002.thumb.png.d9ed5b3974a9393071b63e51eddf36bc.png

or here..had a lot of snow last September..usually get our first proper dump of snow anytime in October..ice days can be common place after mid October

• Like 1

Posted

We seem to be stuck with periods with generally the same pattern prevailing.. with this in mind, my thoughts are the rest of September will see mostly dry pleasant conditions remaining in force over the south, with some temporary wetter cooler weather in the north at times, and some chilly nights at times.

Looking ahead to October, my thoughts are for a fairly weak jet but with some significant amplification, heights backing to the west, allowing trough to anchor down through the UK with heights staying quite high also to the NW, so a chilly quite wet month possible, interspersed with some drier cool weather and possibly an arctic shot at some stage. 

• Like 2

Posted
On 11/09/2019 at 19:20, Frost HoIIow said:

Not next week. Central Russia had a dump of snow and average daily temps under 0C over a wide area yesterday, with lows to about -7C in one or two localised spots. I'd love that for a only a week or two in January but not in mid-September for me!

Settled snow:

https://climatereanalyzer.org/wx/DailySummary/#seaice-snowc-topo

Average Temp:

https://climatereanalyzer.org/wx/DailySummary/#t2

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

I have to say what an absolutely beautiful Septembers day, today has been. To me, this is how September should be... Just need this mist and fog in a morning now and as far as I'm concerned... Perfection will have been achieved. :oldgood:

• Like 3

Posted

Posted

26c and summer like in the south this afternoon whilst here in NE England it's very much Autumn with persistent light rain and struggling to get into the mid teens

Posted

NE England may as well be a different climate zone to the south now, a high of 14c today, windy and cloudy again with a little rain thrown in for good measure!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

Here comes the fog. :oldsmile:

Its a right ole misty, murky day in this neck of the woods. In fact it’s the sort of still, grey mistiness that wouldn’t be out of place in October or November! Sooooo atmospheric. :oldsmile:

7B626A09-F591-4DB3-99BC-B38C6DDDD56E.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
7 minutes ago, Airedalejoe said:

NE England may as well be a different climate zone to the south now, a high of 14c today, windy and cloudy again with a little rain thrown in for good measure!

Cant disagree, after a gloriously sunny day reaching 26.8°C at: 15:16 it's still full on sun, nice..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

It's been stunning today here, but the car is covered in dew and moisture in the morning a sure sign Autumn is on the way here

Posted

We managed 20.3C earlier, but now the cold front has passed over it is 14.4C. Little rain on it though, barely wet the ground. Still only 7.8mm this month at the half way point.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

Cloudy here today, had the lights on since 2pm....

What's the week outlook set to be? I've been checking the model thread and all it seems to be is excitement over uppers. I'm not good at working surface temps from uppers and i'm curuous to what we're looking at up here! I'm working at LUFC next weekend.

Posted

Blue skies, sunny, a bit of wispy cloud coming and going this after, and temp reached 22c this after. Luverly. Hope it continues for next few weeks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
44 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Blue skies, sunny, a bit of wispy cloud coming and going this after, and temp reached 22c this after. Luverly. Hope it continues for next few weeks

Well wild life and nature won't be hoping for that! We need the rain and a proper Autumn.