Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2019 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Although it’s been undeniably very hot at times the summer as a whole has been quite unsettled down in Surrey lots of showers, windy spells and often just changeable weather. The switch to autumn has been quite pronounced here much cooler sun weakening and so much lower in the sky !! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006
16 hours ago, Froze were the Days said:

Really!?! - in London?...maybe in June but thereafter very debatable...

It was mixed really, when it was good it was a little too hot and when it was bad it rained quite a bit. Not many sunny and settled 25c days which are the best in my opinion. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Thankfully nothing remotely like a Indian summer showing on any model at the moment,good pleasant autumn fair only,not bad at all! That coupled with the shorter days and change in light levels is very promising for a proper autumn this year.

Edited by markyo
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
3 hours ago, Radiating Dendrite said:

It was mixed really, when it was good it was a little too hot and when it was bad it rained quite a bit. Not many sunny and settled 25c days which are the best in my opinion. 

Strange really as here to the east of London on the coast we've had plenty of 24c+ sunny days over August...BUT there have been times we missed out on showers (last month) that areas just to the west of London and some other placed in west East Anglia experienced. Again variations in such a small country!

Edited by Froze were the Days

Posted
3 hours ago, markyo said:

Thankfully nothing remotely like a Indian summer showing on any model at the moment,good pleasant autumn fair only,not bad at all! That coupled with the shorter days and change in light levels is very promising for a proper autumn this year.

Give it time ECM 0z sniffing at that high pressure just to our south west creeping eastwards at day 9/10 which only means one thing...

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

FB_IMG_1567500450144.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
7 hours ago, Froze were the Days said:

Give it time ECM 0z sniffing at that high pressure just to our south west creeping eastwards at day 9/10 which only means one thing...

We shall see,hopefully the sniffing gets snuffed out! A proper Autumn is needed.. at least after the joke that was last Winter!

• Like 6

Posted
6 minutes ago, prolongedSnowLover said:

The GFS12z continues to show a mainly cool unsettled outlook at least until the 20th with a favourable jet.

I pay no attention anymore to the GFS...haven't viewed it all spring and summer.

• Like 1

Posted

Loved the Autumn feel to the weather this morning,6.5c,little breeze,clear September sky. A very good start to the season with more to come! 

• Like 6

Posted

An absolutely awful start to September here, thoroughly miserable and chilly yesterday. Also very little sunshine so far. Normally I find this is one of the most reliable times of the year for dry, bright and fairly warm conditions. The conditions at Old Trafford for the cricket have been embarrassing in all honesty.

My Australian friends watching on the TV from Melbourne have been amazed by how chilly it can be in this country even in the supposedly warmer months. I hate to say this but maybe we should be cautious about playing too many test matches in the north of England, particularly later in the season?

This sort of weather can wait until October at the very earliest.

Edited by Scorcher
  • Like 2

Posted
4 hours ago, prolongedSnowLover said:

A good start to September with a real chance of recording a proper below average month if the jet stays more negatively tilted

and hopefully cooling that continent off somewhat if we can get that jet going somewhat on a NW/SE position

• Like 4

Posted

We are in Autumn and having proper seasonal weather,what's not to like? Ok probably if you don't like the season but that happens on every change of a season. Why folk moan about a seasons change is beyond me, I've never ever moaned and whined about a change in season for goodness sake.........(that might be pushing the lie a bit to far i suspect)

Edited by markyo
  • Like 5

Posted
On 03/09/2019 at 21:18, feb1991blizzard said:

October stonker alert!  -  October 2008 anyone??

image.thumb.png.a246b4380b796c753b8fbb05b59471a5.png

Noticeable the pressure remains high over the Azores, a sign to come for the winter...maybe?

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).
2 hours ago, markyo said:

We are in Autumn and having proper seasonal weather,what's not to like? Ok probably if you don't like the season but that happens on every change of a season. Why folk moan about a seasons change is beyond me, I've never ever moaned and whined about a change in season for goodness sake.........(that might be pushing the lie a bit to far i suspect)

It's probably because the weather doesn't suddenly change from summery to mid-autumnal at the count of 00:00 on 1st September. 

The first week or two of September is on average very similar to summer conditions, and "proper seasonal weather" in autumn is more typical towards the middle and end of the season. 

Edited by Thundershine
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
6 hours ago, Froze were the Days said:

and hopefully cooling that continent off somewhat if we can get that jet going somewhat on a NW/SE position

Er, no thanks. You can enjoy the cooler weather in the UK but I’d like to hang on to some warmth in Czech Republic for another month