Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Robbie Garrett

Night in Le-Touquet with Severe Storm threat

Posted (edited)

Flying to Le Touquet from Stapleford for the night, with a reputation as the most elegant holiday resort of northern France, this chic French resort offers plenty to do, and it’s only 1 hours flight from London

We fly back the day after with some complex weather making planning and flying in heavy rain a different kind of challenge. General Aviation really does make it.

image-3-1170x694.png

A few weeks before the trip we planned to stay at the Holiday Inn resort which was a short walk to the main beach and only a short walk to the airport. Bright rooms come with complimentary Wi-Fi and flat-screen TVs, as well as minibars and coffeemakers.

The cost of this hotel for the two of us, was just over £110. Roughly £55 each. The hotel came with stunning facilities, such as clay tennis courts and a swimming pool. However time was limited and we wanted to explore rather than spend time in the resort; although it would make for a perfect weekend away.

Trip VLOG  -

Individual flight videos will release Sunday 14th and Sunday 21st.

image-7-1170x694.png

Read more details on the VLOG website - https://www.theflyingvlog.uk/night-stop-in-le-touquet/

If you spot any grammar problems. Please let me know, as I want this to be a great advert for General Aviation.

Edited by Robbie Garrett

Posted (edited)

One of the most challenging flights I've had to plan for, utilising Windy, the MetOffice rainfall radar and various other tools such as Skew-T's to accurately plan for what should be a routine channel crossing from Le Touquet to the UK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OJwXeWeheQ

Edited by Robbie Garrett