Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

UKV Charts Now Available

Paul

Posted
On 21/06/2021 at 10:41, Mark Bayley said:

Hi Paul - is there a plan to add a link to the data centre side bar (unless there already is and i am being a bit dim!). Thanks

A bit behind schedule, but this is listed properly on the datacentre homepage now

380gfs.png
WWW.NETWEATHER.TV

Check the latest weather charts and data on Netweather

• Thanks 2

• 2 months later...
Posted
On 22/09/2021 at 00:54, Mark Clifford said:

"A bit behind schedule" yea a year or two is a long time to wait considering we are paying.  

i did have the subscription a few months ago , but not anymore due to the extremely long waits for updates, particularly the UKV updates. 

Posted

We're a small team, so certain things have to be prioritised. The radar has seen regular updates this year, as have the forecasts and various other parts of the site, the ukv and charts less so up to now but even so, there's already a large set of ukv charts available. We've also recently been working on adding a bunch of new models which will be available this autumn, and we decided to bundle those in with new maps/chart colours etc, which is why we haven't made changes to the existing models yet, and why we backed out of putting changes live earlier in the year. Admittedly, we should have communicated that better though, so apologies.

• 6 months later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

I think everyone has given up on the hope of new updates now, 2 and a half years on lmfao.

"This autumn" was 6 months ago, and absolutely nothing has been released. Not bothered by the lack of new charts, there's plenty there, but to continually promise that they're "coming soon" and then just not update or release them is pretty poor to be honest.

People pay for this. If there's nothing coming then just be honest about it, don't keep promising things that never arrive. Given that a large majority of the stuff on NetWx extra is now freely available elsewhere, it seems crazy to charge the prices that are charged. 

Very much falling behind. 

Edited by Met4Cast
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
On 23/09/2021 at 22:00, Paul said:

We're a small team, so certain things have to be prioritised.

1 hour ago, Met4Cast said:

"This autumn" was 6 months ago, and absolutely nothing has been released. Not bothered by the lack of new charts, there's plenty there, but to continually promise that they're "coming soon" and then just not update or release them is pretty poor to be honest.

I understand that having worked in small teams throughout my life. I do wonder how TWO manage it though and as far as I know thats just one bloke. But, given the timeframe we are talking about here I think it is fair to say that your users have a right to be a bit annoyed re lack of updates, but mainly promise after promise of "coming soon" etc and your communication. If you're not 100% sure you can stick to a release date then don't say so. 

Net Weather Extra is fast becoming poor value as most of the data is now freely available.  I'd say the only thing worth subscribing for is the radar, maybe a few charts but honestly most of that can be found elsewhere. I don't mind spending money for the way charts and the viewer is designed if a team is going to put effort in and release things when they say or provide a reason for delays but 2 and a half years of promises and then silence is a bit of a red flag for me. At the very least give us a preview every month or two... 

I hope things change as I'd love to renew my subscription!

Edited by Mark Clifford
  • Like 1

Posted

@Mark Clifford& @Met4Cast+ anyone else waiting on this.

Firstly,I apologise for the lack of updates. We are a small team, headed by me and frankly I've been struggling a tad to get things over the line of late, which ultimately is my responsibility on the dev side. 

I'm not offering excuses, or asking for either sympathy or even understanding really, you have a right to be peeved. But, to offer an expansion at least: I have adhd, and that's impeding me more than it should at the moment. It's something I'm working hard to right, but frankly it's a fairly difficult slog at times.

In terms of new models, they're there and running in the background, but waiting on me to finish up.

The chart viewers have recently had some minor updates (slider on mobile + swipe left and right). Behind the scenes they've actually also had a major rewrite, part of which is going to make it considerably easier and faster to update them from here on in.

Re the charts in extra to be fair, an awful lot is not available elsewhere. The netwx models are run in house and whilst a small selection of ukv chart types are available freely, there's a ton of them in extra which aren't.

I do hear what you're saying though, I certainly understand the frustration, in fact I feel it too. I'm working hard both on a human level to get through my adhd related struggles right now, and from a work sense to clear the backlog on my desk. I hope and expect to see the results of that very soon. So, if you can, please bear with me.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
Posted

A small update to the UKV this pm - we've added MU and ML CAPE charts to the extra viewer. They're live from the 9z this morning, but please note there was a labelling issue on that run, so the ML CAPE chart is showing MU CAPE and vice versa. This'll be fixed from the 12z this afternoon. 

mucape-overnight.png

https://www.netweather.tv/secure/cgi-bin/premium.pl?action=ukv;sess=

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Convective Weather and Snow
On 18/05/2022 at 13:23, Paul said:

A small update to the UKV this pm - we've added MU and ML CAPE charts to the extra viewer. They're live from the 9z this morning, but please note there was a labelling issue on that run, so the ML CAPE chart is showing MU CAPE and vice versa. This'll be fixed from the 12z this afternoon. 

mucape-overnight.png

https://www.netweather.tv/secure/cgi-bin/premium.pl?action=ukv;sess=

I really like the sound of this new addition, even though I haven't currently got a NetWx Extra subscription. 
Any sort of timeframe for any big updates, like adding new models? The charts, layout, and colour scheme of NetWeather is probably my favourite of all data providers and I would love to renew, especially if there will be more models in the NetWX style.

Posted

Hi @Thunder and Lightning - there are no timeframes for major additions at the moment, but we're working through various additions and improvements site wide. For instance the Met Office global and ECMWF charts have had fairly recent updates to include 3 hourly data and more chart types. Although they're on the free part of the site, subscribers have access to everything across the site ad-free. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

Just wanted to add @Paul that the addition of ML & MUCAPE charts have been brilliant since release, as a storm enthusiast they're extremely helpful, so thanks for that!

• Like 1

Posted

Thanks @Ben Sainsbury - I'm going to try to get a couple more convective type charts added this week if I can, am looking at convective cloud top and base heights. Which I think should be a nice addition. 

• Thanks 1

Posted

An example of the convective cloud heights here - it's an early version which needs some finessing, but we should have a beta version up and running on the viewer tomorrow. 

ctop.png cbot.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Convective Weather and Snow
53 minutes ago, Paul said:

An example of the convective cloud heights here - it's an early version which needs some finessing, but we should have a beta version up and running on the viewer tomorrow. 

ctop.png cbot.png

Oooh this looks nice. 

• Like 1

Posted

The convective cloud top and base heights are live in the viewer (in extra) now. I think the charts are going to need some tweaking (particularly the cloud base one), so they're in as beta products for now. 

convtop.png convbase.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,
On 14/07/2022 at 09:41, Paul said:

Not UKV related, but new chart types have gone into Extra this week - MOGREPS and ECMWF ensembles. 

https://www.netweather.tv/secure/cgi-bin/premium.pl?action=mogreps;sess=

https://www.netweather.tv/secure/cgi-bin/premium.pl?action=ecmwfens;sess=

These are a great addition, they look really good! Thank you.

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Met4Cast said:

These are a great addition, they look really good! Thank you.

There's another one to add to the list now as well - the multi model ensemble, which I've been finding pretty handy recently:

https://www.netweather.tv/secure/cgi-bin/premium.pl?action=mixens;sess=

• Like 1

• 3 months later...