IGNORED

UKV Charts Now Available

Paul

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Hi Paul,

Are there any plants to add ML CAPE/MU CAPE etc to the UKV charts or is the available data restricted to SB CAPE only?

Thanks.

• Like 1

Posted

It's something we'd like to add, but there's no direct data field for any sort of CAPE in the raw data we receive from the Met Office, so it all has to be calculated on our side. Surface based cape was the easier one to do that with initially, so we've started there and will hopefully be able to move onto the others. 

• Like 2

Posted

I think updated chart designs and a range of new chart types will be up next. Followed, by the new chart viewer system. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

The charts haven't been displaying when I've looked on there today

image.thumb.png.b99cfe3168c410e095a28c0331c123ca.png

Edit: Just tried in another browser and it worked in that so it's only in chrome it's not working

Edited by matt111

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
34 minutes ago, matt111 said:

The charts haven't been displaying when I've looked on there today

image.thumb.png.b99cfe3168c410e095a28c0331c123ca.png

Edit: Just tried in another browser and it worked in that so it's only in chrome it's not working

I had issue with Edge (Chrome based) a few days ago. If I forced a site refresh (CTRL + F5) the charts updated to the correct Z time. If I simply pressed F5 or manually refreshed, it would revert back to a 9Z chart - all day this was happening. 

I completely cleared everything and it seemed to fix the problem.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
12 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I had issue with Edge (Chrome based) a few days ago. If I forced a site refresh (CTRL + F5) the charts updated to the correct Z time. If I simply pressed F5 or manually refreshed, it would revert back to a 9Z chart - all day this was happening. 

I completely cleared everything and it seemed to fix the problem.

Just tried exactly what you did and it was the same. It worked after CTRL + F5 but wouldn't work properly until I cleared site data. Seems to be working properly now.  

Posted

I think this was probably related to the PWA radar app from last week, so should definitely clear if you clear site data. But please shout if it comes back. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted

No, afraid not. We've not received the 15z or 18z data from the met office and I've no eta or further info from their tech support as yet. I'll keep chasing.. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Oh. That's sad news but saves me from repeatedly refreshing every half hour. Hope you get it sorted tomorrow! 

Posted

Me too. Have just spoken to the met office again, they are aware of the issue and are actively working to investigate and sort it. So fingers crossed it won't be too long before we see some data coming through again.

Posted

Update from the met office. The 15z, 18z and (very likely) the 21z are lost and won't be coming through this evening. Things should be back to normal from the 00z though. 

It's annoying, as the 15z was a big one this evening for looking at Saturday's risk + we've got a small update to the precip type forecast which was due to go live from that run as well, but it is what it is unfortunately. Fingers crossed all goes to plan overnight anyway..

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Posted

We now have a selection of free charts from all the main UKV runs (8 per day) here:

Extra subscribers can also access the full range of UKV charts from this link. We're also a couple of weeks away from pushing a number of new and improved charts live  

• Thanks 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,
On 11/06/2021 at 08:46, Paul said:

We now have a selection of free charts from all the main UKV runs (8 per day) here:

Extra subscribers can also access the full range of UKV charts from this link. We're also a couple of weeks away from pushing a number of new and improved charts live  

Any sneaky previews?