Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Maplin N23DQ - need a new display unit

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry summers with big thunderstorms.

I visited a local boot sale this morning and bought what I thought was a bargain an unused Maplin N23DQ professional solar powered weather station. Unfortunately I came home to set up and everything works other than the display unit which makes the whole station a bit redundant. 

Therefore I would love to get it working, any ideas ? Also does anyone have a spare that is working that I could buy?

Thanks Alex

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear sky or snow

There was a couple of them on ebay a day or so ago.

Depending on how much you have already spent I'm not sure I would bother I have had two of them in the past and both failed within a year.

I also think there was a thread on here about failed blank displays on the n23dq and something about firmware  if I'm remembering right.

Posted
On 01/07/2019 at 17:24, trebor said:

There was a couple of them on ebay a day or so ago.

Depending on how much you have already spent I'm not sure I would bother I have had two of them in the past and both failed within a year.

I also think there was a thread on here about failed blank displays on the n23dq and something about firmware  if I'm remembering right.

You might be able to get a compatible spare screen from Froggitt in Germany.

However as Trebor has pointed out these are old tech and prone to problems. Unless you are a tinkerer I would look for a different solution.