Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

UK Thunderstorm Videos

Posted

Long term viewer of this site and thanks for the great content. This is meant as a fun and hopefully informative thread to see to apprepciate some storms that may not be that well known. Perhaps even historical. I'll start with one from 1994. For those that haven't seen this, it's a fantastic delve into the past for what I believe was the mesocyclone on June 24th 1994. I remember this storm rolling into North London at around 7pm. A lightshow to remember!

and part two being this...Notice how dark it becomes

Edited by tempesta
  • Like 1

Posted

Then there this from 1992. I actaully remember this one as well for two of the loudest thunderclaps I ever heard. This video captures the intensity of the thunder given the not so close promixity of the strikes. I think this was one of the most highly charged storms I experienced growing up and have certainly not felt the windows rattle to that extent ever since. Enjoy!

Edited by tempesta

Posted

Then there's this from 1995. It's a spooky setting and although I have no direct knowledge of this, it's some of the darkest skies and most tempesteous storm that is around from the UK. In a few parts...

Part 1

Then's theres this..

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot

Let's talk about August 2004.  Anyone have any videos or experiences from it?  I heard that it was quite a prolific time for the uk.  I was living in Stoke at the time and don't personally remember anything notable