Jump to content

Storms and Convective Discussion - 25th June 2019 onwards


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You wait a lifetime for a funnel cloud and then two come at once!

A few from last night, just South of Salisbury. Mostly intracloud stuff, but an impressive light show none the less.  

Well that was a pretty awesome night. Although I cant help but feel slightly disappointed for not getting any SLR shots. And now I'm left wanting more and more ?. Anyway a very impressive light show w

Posted Images

Flashes in Shrewsbury now coming from the south... believe this is the big cell that’s gone from Exeter via Cardiff and up the boarder... we look nailed on to get at least something the way it’s panning out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ChezWeather said:

Anyone in the West Mids, eyes to the South! More development now infront of that cell 

Been a long long time since I've seen a radar like this. 

From SE Wales across to Somerset it looks like an MCS is forming to track up the Marches/West Midlands.

Then we have that stuff further E towards CS England. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CreweCold said:

Been a long long time since I've seen a radar like this. 

From SE Wales across to Somerset it looks like an MCS is forming to track up the Marches/West Midlands.

Then we have that stuff further E towards CS England. 

Am i right in thinking that these storms should continue to move North without dying? Is there plenty of energy for them to tap into up here? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ChezWeather said:

Anyone in the West Mids, eyes to the South! More development now infront of that cell 

Yh I am near Clent hills and it is constant Lightning to the south east and  south west it’s still far away

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, StormLoser said:

Massive forked lightning across the sky to the west of Brighton on the Brighton webcam. Cool. Otherwise the line of storms is not very active.

that mass of rain heading to reading and swindon you mean , looked quite colourful on radar so I assumed it would be fairly active hmmn seems not

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ChezWeather said:

Am i right in thinking that these storms should continue to move North without dying? Is there plenty of energy for them to tap into up here? 

The whole plume is destabilising on the W periphery. Lightning frequency may drop off a bit as it pushes N but then torrential rain becomes a bigger concern.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mr_ Nexus said:

looking out of my rear window towards Dudley I can see faint flashes off to the south , flashes over the back of Dudley and more flashes towards Wolverhampton . 

seeing flashes to my W now.....must be Ludlow

Link to post
Share on other sites

words fail me, a simply incredible display of elevated lightning!!......the best I have ever seen and then some!......no rain at all just an orgasm of light!!

and round 2 is incoming from the south and this looks particularly potent with a strong hail core by the looks of the radar

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, A.J said:

words fail me, a simply incredible display of elevated lightning!!......the best I have ever seen and then some!......no rain at all just an orgasm of light!!

and round 2 is incoming from the south and this looks particularly potent with a strong hail core by the looks of the radar

how bloody epic was that AJ ...:) might have round 2 aswell 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...