Storms and Convective Discussion - 25th June 2019 onwards

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You wait a lifetime for a funnel cloud and then two come at once!

A few from last night, just South of Salisbury. Mostly intracloud stuff, but an impressive light show none the less.  

Well that was a pretty awesome night. Although I cant help but feel slightly disappointed for not getting any SLR shots. And now I'm left wanting more and more ?. Anyway a very impressive light show w

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, amybonnie98 said:

Can see distant but frequent flashes looking south from up here in Oxfordshire...and a constant distant rumbling like planes. Weird! Should get good later on!

I am Witney as well and it is a plane from Brize. Been flying round for the last 30 mins! All this stuff on the South coast should be with us by 1.30am I reckon if it keeps going. Seems to be expanding on the Western side

3 minutes ago, Mesoscale said:

All I see is clears sky! 

Yeah the sky is clear here, however can see plenty of flashes to the south of me, its really windy here too.

8 minutes ago, WeatherWatchmanG said:

Advertisements every 29 seconds, unbeatable coverage.

Its a pain in the backside I know but it is the only Bournemouth one available I think.

Pity about the webcam from a few years ago which has been taken down as it was excellent. Especially for the massive July 2015 (I think) storm. It faced straight out to sea

2 minutes ago, SkyDreamer said:

New cell moving towards the London Area looks like it'll put on a good show.

Can't wait! I am hungry for a good thunderstorm.

Hope so! But looks like west London at best to me. 

Basingstoke/Reading is the place to be in the next hour or two

Edited by Stabilo19
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, Vestan said:

I am Witney as well and it is a plane from Brize. Been flying round for the last 30 mins! All this stuff on the South coast should be with us by 1.30am I reckon if it keeps going. Seems to be expanding on the Western side

Realised it was Brize soon after I sent that ? Flashes are crazy though! Heading straight for us!

Just checked blitzortunng and its like a wall of lightning has developed from south wales all the way across southern england!!surely those further north cannot miss out this time!!

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

Perhaps a hundred flashes a minute here right now. Some big bangs. 

Same over here now although only one bang so far. Very heavy rain and hail now too. 

• Like 1