Storms and Convective Discussion - 25th June 2019 onwards

1 minute ago, Tim Bland said:

Why is it odd? They just saw the storm in the channel which is moving N/ NE 

7AE757AA-DE58-4D54-A516-AFBB4A03B09A.jpeg

Looks increasingly to me like the main energy is moving N with a bias to veering NNW. I agree the mass has generally been moving NNE however the lightning activity is what is crucial. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You wait a lifetime for a funnel cloud and then two come at once!

A few from last night, just South of Salisbury. Mostly intracloud stuff, but an impressive light show none the less.  

Well that was a pretty awesome night. Although I cant help but feel slightly disappointed for not getting any SLR shots. And now I'm left wanting more and more ?. Anyway a very impressive light show w

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, UKSupercell said:

Still in Christchurch don’t know whether to head west to Taunton way or east to Brighton way! 

Dont think it matters looks like the whole south will get hit new cells popping up everywhere 

Edited by mattyj
1 minute ago, SkyDreamer said:

Whoever said this was going to be another dead event... Look how wrong you were. Haha.

depends where you are, of course ?

1 minute ago, SarahWxm said:

I can’t get the HMS Warrior cam to work. It just has a spinny round icon in the middle of the screen but doesn’t load in. Anyone else having problems?

Same I found it very stop-start. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, SarahWxm said:

I can’t get the HMS Warrior cam to work. It just has a spinny round icon in the middle of the screen but doesn’t load in. Anyone else having problems?

Yeah just keeps buffering. I'm not bothering with it.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Harry said:

Looks increasingly to me like the main energy is moving N with a bias to veering NNW. I agree the mass has generally been moving NNE however the lightning activity is what is crucial. 

It’s clearer on this view. White strikes are recent  

905AD243-530C-40B8-B809-4F79D77A13B6.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Singularity said:

Appears to have fine berserk on radar across Exeter.

Here, there’s this weird unending whispering sound despite zero wind (can see leaves as still as a freeze-frame). Aircraft are only occasional in these parts, and I’m a long way from the nearest main road, so it’s not likely to be those.

Bizarre...

• Like 2

I knew they'd be a reason I'd remember this web cam from Shanklin.

https://www.visitisleofwight.co.uk/explore/towns/shanklin

Haven Hall Hotel.

You'll have to hit read more you'll see a live camera facing out to see and inland. Seems not in colour not sure but I'm seeing frequent flashing.

1 minute ago, Onding said:

The joys of working in education - I'm off for 6 weeks so I will pull an all-nighter here if I have to ? 

Job interview so not me earplugs in and fan will be on.

• Like 2