Sign in to follow this  
Supacell

Storms and Convective Discussion - 25th June 2019 onwards

11 minutes ago, Azazel said:

If this continues north I’m in for a treat. Looks pretty active.

Took ages toget kids down tonightas 1 was scared of thunder coming ... Guess she or both .. Will be up soon!!

3 minutes ago, Stabilo19 said:

Wow, I can see the channel anvil flashing all the way from Guildford. Lots of dim flashes with the occasional big one.

Probably a good 50-60 miles south so that thing must be huge!

That reminds me of early July 2015. I could see flashes of lightning in the sky constantly from a storm South of Peterborough

Good to see Newton Poppleford getting a storm!

21 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Rotate your phone to landscape mode.

Sadly this doesn't work on all phones...certainly doesn't on mine 😥

Wow really kicked off in last 10 mins. Could we see the channel storm join up with the wales one  and drift north east? Bearing in Mind tonight’s is the warmest night in history we are in uncharted territory here...could be an epic night for some! 

11C4F398-8B17-48FD-AE36-3A5A0608CA45.jpeg

1 minute ago, Man With Beard said:

Can't agree with this enough, I'm at the bottom of Portsdown Hill, anyone who likes thunder and can get here within 30 minutes should get here right now!! 🙂

got my 3 boys with me, I am stuck, but we have a roof terrace 100ft up overlooking where the victorious main stage is usually

Just now, Oliver Wyndham-lewis said:

That northern France cell is expanding big time!

Potentially the Northern France Cells could become Multi-Celluar or even develop into an MCS once it's reached the shores of Southern England. Exciting.

1 minute ago, West Sussex Kate said:

Are we still looking at 1am? 

Maybe for you, for Portsmouth / Chichester it will be over us within the hour I think

5 minutes ago, tomdewey said:

Lighting dots on lighting maps in Devon 

Tom, look South East. You should see distant flashes soon. I can see them now just South of Salisbury.

I'm not sure what I make of chances further north towards Midlands, Northwest England, because the cells that are firing up are rapidly collapsing further north, despite warmer surface temperatures and higher humidity. I can only presume they just have not got the legs to last. This may be the defining feature of the night, we will see.

About to make landfall over the isle of wight and west towards the Dorset Coast as well from the looks of the main band in the channel.

Sat on a campsite in Lymington. Opposite iow..great lightening show but now a new storm heading straight for us and can just about hear thunder..glad I'm in a motorhome and not a tent.

New SFerics now SW of the Isle of Wight

Edited by ChezWeather

1 minute ago, sendandreturn said:

got my 3 boys with me, I am stuck, but we have a roof terrace 100ft up overlooking where the victorious main stage is usually

Ideal! It's an amazing show for the solent isn't it, and I can't even hear most of the thunder yet! 

1 minute ago, SkyDreamer said:

Potentially the Northern France Cells could become Multi-Celluar or even develop into an MCS once it's reached the shores of Southern England. Exciting.

Yep once they make landfall we could be in for a real treat! 

Just now, Robert Lewis said:

About to make landfall over the isle of wight and west towards the Dorset Coast as well from the looks of the main band in the channel.

all quiet in southsea at the moment...

Can see flashes to the South from here in Hailsham, E Sussex.

Just now, Robert Lewis said:

Did Portsmouth just get a strike then?

No, I have my window open facing SW near the beach in Southsea..