Sign in to follow this  
Supacell

Storms and Convective Discussion - 25th June 2019 onwards

Not a hint of instability here.

20190723_141815-01.thumb.jpeg.7900b98a1fd17b6b5bfeee7d59c805a1.jpeg

29 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Something weird just happened with Blitzortung allowing me to move that lone sferic anywhere I wanted - so I put it further east 🙂

4A50DEF0-D12F-4F70-80F9-F003E70D6E9F.png

Please could you nudge it further east to me here at Reigate? If we can get it close enough to the church then I can get a strike at the back of our garden...

6 years ago today 2013.....a bit more of this would be nice

Well, despite a good forecast today, for blue skies and blistering sun here in Torbay, it's quite the opposite. Broken cloud, with the odd drops of rain and cool too. Fingers crossed for a storm later. 

15638886493211318511579424712970.jpg

Looking over the satellite at the Bay of Biscay, you will notice on SAT24, the the very Northern part of the cloud mass, there is a thicker smaller cloud mass that has broken away and heading NNEwards very rapidly.

Local forecast showing 25c at midnight, whatever happens regarding storms, it's gonna be a mad night! This is what summer is all about though🔥🔥

Hmm a little unsure for this area at the minute, got a feeling we are just a little to far East. Looks awesome further West, looks like you guys are in for fun night hopefully. Right At the moment there is not a single cloud in the sky, its completely blue. Anyway who knows, plumes can be very unpredictable as we all know😅

14 minutes ago, Stormyking said:

Hmm a little unsure for this area at the minute, got a feeling we are just a little to far East. Looks awesome further West, looks like you guys are in for fun night hopefully. Right At the moment there is not a single cloud in the sky, its completely blue. Anyway who knows, plumes can be very unpredictable as we all know😅

I agree, trouble is , the action in this neck of the woods looks literally to be 2am onwards, im afraid i will be in bed , thats the only thing annoying me .

20190723_145817.thumb.jpg.cc1abc69d7c30125b3713403c2efa3bd.jpg

That's better this just appeared from nowhere in Poole.

Just now, Another Kent clipper said:

... lying awake in the sweltering heat

Yes, although i live in a stone house which has its advantages , ie a bit cooler, and the fan will be on.

Im in the ejector seat (spare room) most nights anyway due to the wifes snoring.

31 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Not a hint of instability here.

20190723_141815-01.thumb.jpeg.7900b98a1fd17b6b5bfeee7d59c805a1.jpeg

Nor here,tho I'm further inland.Even the wind has died down 

Posted (edited)

i'm doing an interval recording now , I wonder what it will hold, recording this splice of cloudDSC_7111.thumb.JPG.0ecc916d55c6439c9ee946441876dd2f.JPG,
I lowered the brightness so the depth of the cloud is visible.

Edited by ancientsolar

Well I'm a bit confused now.  Do I need to ignore the Netweather automated weather forecast?  It has removed or reduced  the thunderstorm risk for my area although other weather forecasts have suggested I am in the severe risk - has the risk area changed at all?  

8 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

I agree, trouble is , the action in this neck of the woods looks literally to be 2am onwards, im afraid i will be in bed , thats the only thing annoying me .

I understand that one, the early hour scenarios can be a drag but as soon I see any distant lightning or hear any decent thunder I generally can never rest properly even if they are miles away and won't arrive till another couple of hours or something haha. I would then just stay up all night but that's just me 😂

2 minutes ago, Stormyking said:

I understand that one, the early hour scenarios can be a drag but as soon I see any distant lightning or hear any decent thunder I generally can never rest properly even if they are miles away and won't arrive till another couple of hours or something haha. I would then just stay up all night but that's just me 😂

I salute your dedication!!

unfortunately as im type 2 diabetic and have to get up at 5am i cant apply the same dedication...:-)

Thunderstorm just ignited, exiting France!! 

8F981ABE-96FD-4D90-90FA-03F039080A91.jpeg

Here we go, pokey little cell fired over the coast of the brest penninsular, sfercis almost immediately

Posted (edited)

Skies over Cardiff showing signs of instability,  accas looking w/nw 

443BFCC5-D222-4F77-B040-B8BA419E577B.jpeg

Edited by Panayiotis

Possibly a  false reading  but what seems to be cell  approaching Milton Keynes 

Looks like another storm trying to fire up to the left of the Northern French border 

16 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

I salute your dedication!!

unfortunately as im type 2 diabetic and have to get up at 5am i cant apply the same dedication...:-)

Thanks mate 🙂

Sorry to hear that, I can understand that is a tricky one especially when you have to up early anyway 😞 

Still not a cloud in the sky here, definitely has warmed up even more though, still very early times!

67084460_349093735786219_8137407826852052992_n.jpg

67311787_580325835834097_4882653099950342144_n.jpg

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Stormyking said:

It's not just you. 🤣🤣🤣 

Edit: In fact. I stay awake all night even if it's not forecast in my vicinity. Just in case!

Edited by Mizzle