Storms and Convective Discussion - 25th June 2019 onwards

Just saw two new strikes appear SW of Birmingham...awaiting verification. Perhaps nocturnal cooling will come into play and realise the remnants of this plume!

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You wait a lifetime for a funnel cloud and then two come at once!

A few from last night, just South of Salisbury. Mostly intracloud stuff, but an impressive light show none the less.  

Well that was a pretty awesome night. Although I cant help but feel slightly disappointed for not getting any SLR shots. And now I'm left wanting more and more ?. Anyway a very impressive light show w

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, MetWeather said:

I wouldn't call it that, there was an unconfirmed supercell, A MCS in the SE!

Yes, and the model didn't show it.. so it was a bust for the model

Can't believe how quiet it has gone up north - really dissapointed.  Yes we had that supercell earlier that trundled mainly across open countryside but other than that nothing at all happening.  Even the midlands doesn't look inspiring.  I'm also calling a bust for the midlands north although would love to be proven wrong.

East Anglia and the SE however looks very juicy!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, tomp456 said:

Sorry, this won’t be happening. 

I called a bust at 20:43

Uh it's 21:30... Most storms on Tuesday night did not explode into life until after 11pm.

Calling something a bust without any real evidence for it, is... well kinda off. To put it nicely.

People were calling Tuesday Night a bust, early, then it roared into being lighting up the whole of the South of England.

So hold your horses. For a bit.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, SkyDreamer said:

Uh it's 21:30... Most storms on Tuesday night did not explode into life until after 11pm.

Calling something a bust without any real evidence for it, is... well kinda off. To put it nicely.

People were calling Tuesday Night a bust, early, then it roared into being lighting up the whole of the South of England.

True and it looks like showers developing across some C/S areas could develop as they trundle North?

1 minute ago, SkyDreamer said:

...Uh it's 21:30... Most storms on Tuesday night did not explode into life until after 11pm.

I know.....I know....should’ve put the #reversepsycology in there. Has worked a treat recently ?

(and I honestly think I’m out of the game for tonight anyway) 

5 minutes ago, tomdewey said:

I have a thunderstorm growing above Warminster 

Good man Tom. We're watching it flash away from here.

4 minutes ago, P-M said:

Can't believe how quiet it has gone up north - really dissapointed.  Yes we had that supercell earlier that trundled mainly across open countryside but other than that nothing at all happening.  Even the midlands doesn't look inspiring.  I'm also calling a bust for the midlands north although would love to be proven wrong.

East Anglia and the SE however looks very juicy!

Just like july 2016 under a level 2 a total bust, 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, SkyDreamer said:

Comparing tonight with Tuesday is (forgive me for being so blunt) ridiculous. It is a totally different synoptic setup so to say that storms kicked off after 11pm Tuesday therefore it should happen tonight is bizarre.

Models suggested storms erupting after 11pm and they indeed. I’m struggling to find one which suggests the same tonight (apart from the latest MetO projection which isn’t the most reliable).

Despite the above, I’m sat here in high heat and humidity praying that something will kick off...but I’m certainly not basing it on the fact Tuesday night did.

We need to count our blessings we are not under that lot... There would be some serious flooding issues with thunderstorms crossing same areas.. 

1 minute ago, StormChaseUK said:

Thanks for the Bristol reports I was going to shutdown laptop for night,  until I saw that post ?

Same here! Just heard a rumble.